• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
It can be proven through science that Cowboy Bebop's dub is better than the sub.

There was even an episode of Mythbusters about it.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Cromartie's dub is the greatest anime of all time. Just the dub.

Persona 5 should just be set in Cromartie. Have like 8 Kanjis on your team

It can be proven through science that Cowboy Bebop's dub is better than the sub.

There was even an episode of Mythbusters out of.

Heck, the creator of the series openly admits that the English dub is the defining version of Cowboy Bebop. You can't get a better endorsement than that.

Levito

Banned
Wi-Fi Dog Teaches Class On Alternative Energy

Y2xsD2c.jpg

Sophia

I don't know about that.

As good as Pursuing My True Self is, it doesn't hold a candle.

I only wish this specific arrangement of P2's theme had been used somewhere. It's too awesome to be a bonus version.

A huge reason why Golden's opening is a travesty. I love that opening, but P2's is still better for me. Those handful of seconds tell you lots about each character.

The biggest travesty is that Golden doesn't play the original opening, unlike the rest of the ports/remakes. They apparently assumed because you could watch it from the menu you'd never want it as the actual opening again...

Young Magus

As good as Pursuing My True Self is, it doesn't hold a candle.

I only wish this specific arrangement of P2's theme had been used somewhere. It's too awesome to be a bonus version.

The biggest travesty is that Golden doesn't play the original opening, unlike the rest of the ports/remakes. They apparently assumed because you could watch it from the menu you'd never want it as the actual opening again...

I like that AST, pretty smooth if I say so.
In other news, with finals done I can finally go back to playing P2:EP. Just got done with the sky museum with all my initials, when should I start fusing?

Risette

A Good Citizen
All of these openings are kinda bad and look like they were made by anime studio employees during their lunch breaks.

The worst is definitely Golden's though, what a pile of crap. Pure After Effects vomit.

cjkeats

Yeah, I like it a lot too.

Mostly due to dat Kanji dance.
I was impressed by Chies moves.
Ask Levito. He knows a thing or two about the dancing. ;)
even og p4 wasnt about goofy fun, it was about a light mask to a darker underside, and golden sort of lost that. Even then though, after the "cute" little dance number, you get treated to bodies hanging from powerlines while a deceptively sweet song with misleading lyrics plays...
I felt it was good because I was already aware of everything that happens. The fun and the sinister. So it's nice to be excited to go back in, because all the mystery and a lot of the suspense is lost the second time though, so it's good to be greeted with the parts I'm here for.
But that's just how I took it the first time I saw it. I like fun things.

Sophia

even og p4 wasnt about goofy fun, it was about a light mask to a darker underside, and golden sort of lost that. Even then though, after the "cute" little dance number, you get treated to bodies hanging from powerlines while a deceptively sweet song with misleading lyrics plays...

I actually kinda liked the dissonance there. It was the one good thing about the animation itself.

I agree on that, it loses the perfectly timed shattering mirror. (It's still in the new OP, just understated.)

it might as well not even be in it.
like the psx opening tells you a WHOLE LOT about ulala and baofu and katsuya from their body language, and all that's kind of absent in the psp opening. ulala barely registers instead of showing you that yeah, girl's got anger issues; katsuya is just flashy posing instead of being at the center of a city gone mad; Baofu is grimface mcgrumpypants instead of showing his sardonic side.
the first ~20 seconds are good (Maya reaching for the butterfly is fantastic), but it starts falling apart as soon as it zooms in on Maya in the park.

cj_iwakura

it might as well not even be in it.
like the psx opening tells you a WHOLE LOT about ulala and baofu and katsuya from their body language, and all that's kind of absent in the psp opening. ulala barely registers instead of showing you that yeah, girl's got anger issues; katsuya is just flashy posing instead of being at the center of a city gone mad; Baofu is grimface mcgrumpypants instead of showing his sardonic side.
the first ~20 seconds are good (Maya reaching for the butterfly is fantastic), but it starts falling apart as soon as it zooms in on Maya in the park.

i9kGX7GzStq1Z.gif

Also, funny how Trinity Soul has a better OP than it has any right to.
I love the song at least.

Meia

Are those kind of like that chibi Yukiko I've seen floating around laughing her ass off? Cause yeah, I probably need that Rise. And that Yukiko. After I buy that $150 Chie in July.

Sigh, monies.

PK Gaming

Flux is right, nothing beats the original P4 intro. (I always watched it after the Golden intro)

It just perfectly encapsulate the game in under 2 minutes, and it does it with style. The beginning is just sooooooooooo perfect.

mqdefault.jpg

The golden intro is nice, but there's too much "Boo yeah, fun times"

We're all trapped in a maze of relationships
Life goes on with or without you
I swim in the sea of the unconscious
I search for your heart, pursuing my true self

♪

I didn't realize those were the victims in the intro for a long time >_>

johnsmith

remember me
Are those kind of like that chibi Yukiko I've seen floating around laughing her ass off? Cause yeah, I probably need that Rise. And that Yukiko. After I buy that $150 Chie in July.

Sigh, monies.

Yukiko is a Nendoroid, which is made by a different company, and are poseable and have more accessories. These things aren't as cool as nendoroids, but since they haven't announced any other P4 nendos besides Yukiko and Teddie, they will have to do.
1c3838d988736f894260d4e1d9e3dc64.jpg

http://www.goodsmile.info/product/en/3501/Nendoroid+Yukiko+Amagi.html

FluxWaveZ

Wait, what? How can you tell? The head is cut off.

Because not only is that Naoto's exact school uniform, which would make for a hell of a coincidence when she appears exactly at the same time in the intro on TV, but it's mentioned in the Persona 4 art book.

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure anymore because I'm either misinterpreting what it says in the art book or it could be interpreted in different ways. I'll just imagine it's her, though, heh.

PK Gaming

Do you realize Naoto is walking on the sidewalk in her school outfit during the time when she is on television?

?

I'm afraid I don't really get this post. In my post, I meant that it didn't occur to me that the people hanging upside in the golden into were the "victims" (honestly didn't pay too much attention to them haha) in until after a good while. As in "oh that was saki, king moron and mayumi in the intro"

they're not, those are
the party members, which, i mean, yeah there's significant overlap between the two, but chie and yosuke were never victims

you lost me

EDIT: Oh you guys are talking about the original intro. Yeah I was talking about the golden intro.

FluxWaveZ

?

I'm afraid I don't really get this post. In my post, I meant that it didn't occur to me that the people hanging upside in the golden into were the "victims" (honestly didn't pay too much attention to them haha) in until after a good while. As in "oh that was saki, king moron and mayumi in the intro"

Oh, thought you were talking about the original intro, to which I was just pointing out a relatively hidden element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom