• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
like i was thinking that maybe it was intentional misdirection on his part, but like, who would he be misdirecting? children under the age of sixteen who haven't read the book yet? could he have really missed the point that badly? (but then i remembered romeo and juliet is generally viewed by folks as ~epic romance of true love~ and not "holy shit teenagers are dumb as hell")

spoilers

that car looked epic to me

Squire

Banned
nBStl5p.jpg

But yeah, Baz botched it big time.

Levito

Banned
that's like...the opposite...of what Great...Gatsby...is...supposed....oh Hollywood.

Never read the book, but several people I know where disappointed with how different the film was. Was likened to I Am Legend in terms of how radically different it was.

Just keep shoving popcorn in your face and watch
Tony Stark crack one liners after he just witnessed his girlfriend potentially burn to death. Even though all the tension in the scene is ruined because you know she's been injected with the magical compound that makes people heal themselves quickly.
(Iron Man 3 spoilers)

you should read the book

in other news, guillermo del toro sealed the deal to adapt the manga Monster for an HBO miniseries. i imagine how soon he gets to work on it depends on how well his Gritty Giant Robo movie does in theaters

Marche90

I still haven't gone to watch Iron Man 3.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? ;_;

Eh, I'll try to go this weekend, but I'm not too hopeful

Squire

Banned
you should read the book

in other news, guillermo del toro sealed the deal to adapt the manga Monster for an HBO miniseries. i imagine how soon he gets to work on it depends on how well his Gritty Giant Robo movie does in theaters

I'm more interested in the Justice League Dark film he's trying to get made.

Meia

I still haven't gone to watch Iron Man 3.

WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME!? ;_;

Eh, I'll try to go this weekend, but I'm not too hopeful

Not only have I NOT seen it yet, but I went to see Oblivion instead!

...though that was because I had a free movie ticket from the Last Starfighter blu-ray, but still. :p

I went ahead and started P3 FES. I think I'll do more grinding this time and do the optional bosses. This game will work well for playing while listening to podcasts. The game says there is additional content but it made it sound like I need to choose to play the game with the new content. I didn't see any sort of prompt though. How do I know the additional content will be in my playthrough?

Trigger

I went ahead and started P3 FES. I think I'll do more grinding this time and do the optional bosses. This game will work well for playing while listening to podcasts. The game says there is additional content but it made it sound like I need to choose to play the game with the new content. I didn't see any sort of prompt though. How do I know the additional content will be in my playthrough?

The additional content (new scenes and shit) is woven into the game. The epilogue titled, "The Answer", is a separate scenario. IIRC, the choice to play the epilogue is available from the start, but if you haven't beaten the original game then you obviously don't want to do it immediately.

Sophia

I like almost everything, so I'd probably like Iron Man 3, as I also liked IM1/2. Need to go see it.

Also, let it never be said that I have ever gone as far off topic as you all have. :p

cjkeats

cjkeats

This one's for you.

zwzYNbu.jpg
I have that picture saved ready to unleash when it's needed.
I have another good one too

Ah, Bakemonogatari.

They should dub that, so I can watch it.
It would be pretty difficult to dub I'd imagine. It's worth watching in Japanese though, Arararagi has some funny reactions.
Hey, some anime are better when they're dubbed. I prefer the dubs to Gurren Lagann, Cowboy Bebop and Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo over their respective Japanese versions by a good margin.
Mari in the second Evangelion movie is better than her JP counterpart too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom