• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantis

You know what I just realised? A lot of you haven't finished The Answer, which means that a lot of you haven't heard the glory that is

Brand New Days

In terms of actual ending songs (As opposed to the events surrounding the song, like in Never More and Memories of You), it's probably my favourite across the whole series. It also fits the ending to The Answer SO perfectly. It's like Aigis' theme song, haha.

cjkeats

What's a persona 2

I dunno, some fan game or something.
You know what I just realised? A lot of you haven't finished The Answer, which means that a lot of you haven't heard the glory that is

Brand New Days

In terms of actual ending songs (As opposed to the events surrounding the song, like in Never More and Memories of You), it's probably my favourite across the whole series. It also fits the ending to The Answer SO perfectly. It's like Aigis' theme song, haha.

Oh man, I love it. My favorite ending for sure and I haven't even played it!

Taruranto

What's a persona 2

That game were i can only date an old lady and a slut.

What the fuck!!!

Re: Persona 2's writing, it was written by Satomi Tadashi, who no longer works at Atlus. He came back to write new scenarios for IS and EP PSP, and in thanks, no one played them. :(

I really wish he would come back, but didn't he pretty much left because he didn't agree with the direction of the series (or was it Cozy Okada)?

Moonlight

Banned
Persona Community Thread |OT2| - New World Fools
Persona Community Thread |OT2| - Next Week... On Famitsu...
Persona Community Thread |OT2| - Burn My Thread
Persona Community Thread |OT2| - Sexy Android Waifu High School Power Hour

EDIT: Oh, are we done? :(

Squire

Banned

EDIT: Oh, are we done? :(

You're a true port, Moon.

I think we should hold a session for title submissions and then vote. Should go quickly. There's only like 20 regulars.

I really wish he would come back, but didn't he pretty much left because he didn't agree with the direction of the series (or was it Cozy Okada)?

I didnt think any of them left because they didnt like the direction the series went. I thought most of the leavings had to do with Nocturne original underperforming.

Also he came back to write DLC scenarios for P2IS, and the whole new Tatsuya missions for P2EP, all things we didnt get to see and people said are pretty cool to awesome. Maybe he will return for 5, who knows!?

cj_iwakura

I didnt think any of them left because they didnt like the direction the series went. I thought most of the leavings had to do with Nocturne original underperforming.

I believe so. Kaneko even endorsed the new direction of Persona 3. He felt it needed a new touch to keep it relevant, and it worked apparently.

Dantis

I feel like I heard Kaneko felt he didn't fit the new direction, and recommended Soejima because he was basically Kaneko's assistant artist for years.

You're a true port, Moon.

I think we should hold a session for title submissions and then vote. Should go quickly. There's only like 20 regulars.

This is fine with me. If somebody would like to collate all the entries so far, and then everyone else votes, that would be dandy.

^Yes that was said, and it is true. He hand picked Soejima because he felt that he was best suited for the more gothic worlds of DDS and SMT. Devil Summoner Raidou is a different beast, it is a personal project of his, one he always wanted to do, he had the design of Raidou done in the early 2000's

As an aside, I know this was all bullshit, but I would love for P5 to have this sort of tone:

Persona_5.jpg

I know there are many here who would support me in that and many who would not.

cj_iwakura

IMO, Kaneko was always the face of SMT, but Okada was the spirit. There's a reason we don't get games like Soul Hackers and Persona 2 in tone anymore.

^How do you feel about SMT4 as of now? BTW, the soul of Megaten IS Okoda. The brains of Persona is Satomi Tadashi, and the one who brought both their visions and worlds alive was Kaneko.

You know what I want?

A new DDS. On consoles. Make your Persona engine, so I can have that.

DDS is the one series that is done with for sure. SMT, Devil Summoner, Devil Survivor, Persona, all series with limitless potential. DDS? That story is completely wrapped up!

Risette

A Good Citizen
IMO, Kaneko was always the face of SMT, but Okada was the spirit. There's a reason we don't get games like Soul Hackers and Persona 2 in tone anymore.
yes, SMT is truly lost without the visionary auteur behind Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, a masterpiece so excellent that it made an entire genre obsolete

cj_iwakura

yes, SMT is truly lost without the visionary auteur behind Monster Kingdom: Jewel Summoner, a masterpiece so excellent that it made an entire genre obsolete

I'm glad we agree!
(He was also involved in a little PS3 gem known as Folklore.)

But it's not like I don't enjoy post-Okada SMTs, anything but. I just think we lost something in his absence.

Sophia

I'm glad we agree!
(He was also involved in a little PS3 gem known as Folklore.)

But it's not like I don't enjoy post-Okada SMTs, anything but. I just think we lost something in his absence.

Hard to say seeing as I don't know Okada's involvement that well.

Dantis

OT Title Vote:

OT2 | Reaching Out To Persona 5.

OT2 | It's Time To Make History. And Persona 5.

OT2 | Pursuing my True Sequel. (5)

OT2 | Eternal Punishment.

Persona Community Thread |OT2| - New World Fools (1)

Persona 3/4 Community Thread |OT2| And sometimes the spinoff games too! (1)

PersonaGAF OT2 - Stick to the IRC And You'll Be Fine (1)

Will update as votes come in.

EDIT: Votes collected from: Dantis, Sophia, Deadpool940, Inorigo, Smedwicks, cjkeats, Omikaru, Moonlight

OT Title Vote:

OT2 | Pursuing my True Sequel. (1)

Persona 3/4 Community Thread |OT2| And sometimes the spinoff games too!

PersonaGAF OT2 - Stick to the IRC And You'll Be Fine

Dantis you have to be my bro and pick mine that's what bros who are at S. Link Rank 10 do right

How many of ya'lls is black anyway?

Well I identify with the Fighting Game Community, so...

Dantis

Dantis you have to be my bro and pick mine that's what bros who are at S. Link Rank 10 do right

Well I identify with the Fighting Game Community, so...

Our friendship transcends silly votes for topic titles.

On that note, is your vote for your own one?

Squire

Banned

Thank you, thank you! /bow

OT Title Vote:

OT2 | Pursuing my True Sequel. (2)

Persona 3/4 Community Thread |OT2| And sometimes the spinoff games too!

PersonaGAF OT2 - Stick to the IRC And You'll Be Fine

My vote: OT2 | Pursuing my True Sequel.

Omikaru

I'm voting for 'OT2 | Pursuing my True Sequel' too.

But I do like 3/4 Community Thread too. It's not like there are other relevant Persona games besides those two.

I liked the Dark Knighe Rises :p

The way you said that sounded like an Iceman Kuklinski quote. haha

I did too, but there's no denying the fact that it could've been so much more with just a few small tweaks here and there. Hardy himself was great though; I have a TDKR Bane poster hanging in my room for a reason.

Omikaru

On second thoughts, it should be, "Pursuing my True PS3 Sequel", just to scare off the 3DS brigade. If we're wrong, we'll just have to eat some crow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom