• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluxWaveZ

With a booth? For two games?

Says who?

Says the facts.
westhalltsuzm.jpg

Meia

One of those things is not like the other, one of those things just doesn't belong. ~~~

And there's always been toilet demons.

Can I have an alternating vote? If OT2 happens after it's announced, prefer Burn My Thread, if it happens before it's announced, Pursuing My True Sequel.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So, all this continuous talk about SMT outside of Persona had me thinking. We should do an episode of the podcast where the other SMT series's are discussed.

Think of it as like a starting point/recommendation episode. Most people listening are Persona fans that haven't played the other SMT games, and the panelists could explain what makes each one different.

Any SMT experts interested in doing that?

BTW Podcast has 250+ subs through RSS and itunes now. ^.^

I've finished nearly every Megaten that has been released in English (non-fan translations), barring Nocturne and the Raidou games.

I could probably help. >_>

PK Gaming

o_0

Lots of activity in this thread, I can only imagine what will happen when we get Persona 5...

Put me down for

OT2 | Pursuing my True Sequel though Burn my thread is a close second.

cj_iwakura

I've finished nearly every Megaten that has been released in English (non-fan translations), barring Nocturne and the Raidou games.

I could probably help. >_>

I've finished every game released in English and fan translated, and a couple that weren't.
(Excepting the Last Bible games, one day.)

At very least play Nocturne, that's essential.

Oh my god, Gurren Lagaan got added to Crunchyroll. I can finish it now!

Excellent. After you're finished, don't forget to watch the movies since they're totally baller and add to the canon in a big way. In some respects, I wish the movies' timeline was the main one due to all of the awesome changes they make (i.e. Viral, Cytomander, Guam and Adiane's Gunmen merging together Voltron-style instead of fighting them each individually).

FluxWaveZ

Just finished reading the Yosuke prologue manga to Persona 4 for the first time and it is way better than I had thought. It also successfully gives more context to the events at the beginning of Persona 4 and it's neat to see the first interactions with Yosuke and the other characters from his perspective.

Venfayth

I'm pretty sure the cap is 500 pages.

200 pages on proper 100ppp viewing setting, which is 20k

It's just a soft cap, though, so if mods aren't on the ball or people aren't paying attention you can go over it.

Apparently threads start to have some display problems past that point. Plus it's just nice for organizational purposes to have a cap.

cjkeats

200 pages on proper 100ppp viewing setting, which is 20k

It's just a soft cap, though, so if mods aren't on the ball or people aren't paying attention you can go over it.

Apparently threads start to have some display problems past that point. Plus it's just nice for organizational purposes to have a cap.

Good man Ven. Good man.

And yeah, mods don't care much about community threads. When we got K-onGAF to 20k, it was still going for a few days while Chet made the new thread. It's still unlocked, we just don't use it anymore.
As long as we're working on a new one when the time comes we'll be fine.

Only because the IRC guys asked so nicely. Warning for crassness and vulgarity:

buddha0991 Lemstar "hey thanks for listening to me talk about stuff wanna fuck"
buddha0991 thats how almost all the girl links are
buddha0991 i talked to you 8 times alone
buddha0991 my pussy is yours

-Cue everyone laughing their asses off-

They really need to fix that for P5

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
200 pages on pleb 100ppp viewing setting, which is 20k

Fix'ded

PK Gaming

Just finished reading the Yosuke prologue manga to Persona 4 for the first time and it is way better than I had thought. It also successfully gives more context to the events at the beginning of Persona 4 and it's neat to see the first interactions with Yosuke and the other characters from his perspective.

I actually read it a while back when someone I followed posted the entire manga on tumblr. I really ended up liking it, but that could be due to my immense bias towards Yosuke and Yu (both of whom who get immense exposure). The manga really drove the point home that Yosuke's this massively awkward teen he's clumsily trying to get through life.

I was ambivalent towards his old friend though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom