• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levito

Banned
Posting for new page:

42.png

TOTES LEGIT GUYS

At this point I honestly wish they'd stop talking about TLG because no matter how good it is, it's guranteed to pull a Duke Nukem and fail to live up to the hype.

Just give me a Shadow of the Colossus 2 with the cut colossi and an optional, completely seperate from the main story, Journey-style co-op mode so I can slay colossi with my friends.

A sequel to my all-time favourie game would make the pain go away, Team Ico... :(

Acid08

Banned
At this point I honestly wish they'd stop talking about TLG because no matter how good it is, it's guranteed to pull a Duke Nukem and fail to live up to the hype.

Just give me a Shadow of the Colossus 2 with the cut colossi and an optional, completely seperate from the main story, Journey-style co-op mode so I can slay colossi with my friends.

A sequel to my all-time favourie game would make the pain go away, Team Ico... :(
I think TLG has zero hype right now. Yeah people still want it but the troubled development and extreme delays seem to have soured people on it. Of course all it will take is showing another trailer for the hype to skyrocket again.

"DAKI MY COUSIN LET'S GO BOWLING"
yeah I know your name's not Niko but I don't care I just wanted to say that. So random question, how long did it take your account here to get accepted? Shit took me nearly 5 months.

Two months and a half. I came after just having a feeling it was approved.

i sensed the other persona users uhhhhhnngghghhhh yeeeeuhhhh GURLLLL

Dantis

If P5 is at Sony's E3 conference then I expect it to be a Vita exclusive.

Wut.

I think if it's shown on E3 week but not in a conference, it'll be PS3. If it's shown in the Sony conference, potentially PS4/PS3.

I will be surprised if it's on Vita.

your endless optimism is ... piteous.

Kind of funny that you call me endlessly optimistic, when I think most on here would call me endlessly pessimistic.

Squire

Banned
In theory they could have it at Somy's conference on Monday evening and also in that week's Famitsu.

Or it's in this week's Famitsu.

Or it's not being revealed as soon as we hope/think and we all end up heartbroken fools!

Acid08

Banned
Wut.

I think if it's shown on E3 week but not in a conference, it'll be PS3. If it's shown in the Sony conference, potentially PS4/PS3.

I will be surprised if it's on Vita.
There's zero chance they'll be spending any time on the PS3 at their conference. It will all be Vita and PS4. And there's nooooooo way P5 is a PS4 title. I think it makes sense on Vita for Atlus and Sony. Chapter development for Atlus and it gives Sony a game that will push core gamers to finally pick one up.

Also, I like this:

tumblr_mmewzcI47x1raeug8o1_500.jpg

Marche90

^^I forgot about those. Best gifs all around
^I want a 3DS persona, but I bet that none of us is that desperate to get it.

I think I'm the odd one here. I would love if Persona were to jump ship to Nintendo (fully conscious that it won't happen, thank you). Normally I only buy their consoles, and I only bought a PSP 3 years ago and a PS2 two years ago. I'm still waiting to get a PS3.

Doesn't even need to be stated, but I can't wait to start working. I will finally be free to buy whatever I want. PS3, WiiU, PS4, Vita, mostly and in that order. Xbone not a chance in hell, I don't like MS's properties.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, I couldn't help but think of Persona when watching that new movie Now You See Me. The magicians in the movie all receive tarot cards with a specific arcana for them(
Lovers, Priestess, Hermit, Death
), so I immediately started thinking of how their plots would work out.

I've heard Personae were directly based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Stands. A Stand is a sort of guardian spirit born from a person's life force, and during part 3 they were assigned to Arcana and eventually based on Egyptian gods.

PK Gaming

@buddha gifs & images

Sweet find, we need way more Persona 1/2 stuff to counterbalance the Persona 3/4 stuff. When I finish Persona 2, I will make it my mission to scour tumblr for P2 images.

Lovin the maya at the end of your first gif set. ♥

As if we needed more reasons to love the P2 cast. Honestly, they're second (get it) to P4's cast for me right now.

I've heard Personae were directly based on Jojo's Bizarre Adventure's Stands. A Stand is a sort of guardian spirit born from a person's life force, and during part 3 they were assigned to Arcana and eventually based on Egyptian gods.

yeah, i mean, they're pretty transparently borrowed from jjba.

of course personas aren't as interesting/don't have the utility that stands do, but that's a gameplay concession

yeah, i mean, they're pretty transparently borrowed from jjba.

of course personas aren't as interesting/don't have the utility that stands do, but that's a gameplay concession

Yup.

How transparent is the skill Bites the Dust in the game called Strange Journey?

on a side note pisaca is adorable and i have every right to want it as a persona and my only one forever

I'm hoping SMT IV success means that the next one will have a higher budget *cough* 3d battles *cough*. Maybe even on a HD console.

Imagine if we got a Persona 2 remake on the PS4/PS3/Vita and the game looked like this the whole way? :D
Definitely something I can see happening one of these days, maybe after P5.

I like Lisa based on aesthetics alone. I'm shallow like that.
who knows when I'll ever play her game?!
You could just wait for the inevitable remakes I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom