• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gurren Lagaan: Sub or dub?

Dub for sure. Both versions are great, but each and every one of the English VAs put so much passion into their roles, to the point where even normally subdued VAs such as Jamieson Price get wonderfully hammy moments. Plus, the amazing delivery during the series' more emotional moments makes you feel like you've been stabbed in the heart, which doesn't come across as well when you're reading words off the bottom of the screen.

Also, I have to give a huge shoutout to Gurren Lagann's phenomenal soundtrack. I bought the Limited Edition Best Sound OST for a reason, and I think everyone who wants to learn how to remix songs should give a good hard listen to the last three for one of the greatest examples of how much a song's tone can be changed without even touching the lyrics.

Levito

Banned
You know what I miss about VHS?

Tracking, man getting that tracking just right.... Haha fuck that noise, VHS is for barbarians!

cjkeats

I miss not having to deal with DVD/Bluray menus.

Somewhere in my parents house I'm sure there's a VHS somewhere with a bunch of Beast Wars and DBZ I taped off YTV.

Astra

I miss putting a piece of tape over the tab so I could record over whatever was on the tape.
I'd tape over shitty movies with good ones. My parents didn't appreciate it none too much, though.

Marche90

I remember this one time, when I was watching a series (I don't remember which one, but it was on Toonami) but we had to travel for a week, I just programmed my VCR to record the episodes.

Then we got back home and realized that I screwed up the time by 5 minutes or so, so those minutes were missing :lol.

Meia

I remember this one time, when I was watching a series (I don't remember which one, but it was on Toonami) but we had to leave for a week, I just programmed my VCR to record the episodes.

Then we got back home and realized that I screwed up the time by 5 minutes or so, so those minutes were missing :lol.

I....may have done this with DBZ on Toonami all through college. :p

Though in my case it was sometimes the shows not having proper start/stop times, so first 2/last 2 got lost sometimes.

So I just noticed something.

Big P3 spoilers

November 4th, once the Dark Hour happens, Mitsuru's dad isn't transmogrified like the men in suits are, as he's talking to SEES wondering what's going on. Yeah I know what happens to him at the end of the events but does he have the potential and they just don't say a thing? Or is him not being transmogrified just an excuse to set up for his death?

Big P3 spoilers

November 4th, once the Dark Hour happens, Mitsuru's dad isn't transmogrified like the men in suits are, as he's talking to SEES wondering what's going on. Yeah I know what happens to him at the end of the events but does he have the potential and they just don't say a thing? Or is him not being transmogrified just an excuse to set up for his death?

I'm pretty sure it's just sloppy writing like the rest of that day. P3 occasionally bends the rules of its own plot in order to set up dramatic moments, such as when the streetlight provided an atmospheric touch to Shinji's death even though it was previously stated that all technology is inactive during the Dark Hour. It would be pretty cool if Mitsuru's dad had like, Sinbad as his Persona or something, but I doubt that series of was very well planned-out.

Hey, what happened to the P3 anime/movie/whatever from a few months ago? Is that happening this year? There's a lot about P3 that I've forgotten, but I don't have time to replay the entire game unless I just download a hacked save and coast through all the battles.

cjkeats

Hey, what happened to the P3 anime/movie/whatever from a few months ago? Is that happening this year? There's a lot about P3 that I've forgotten, but I don't have time to replay the entire game unless I just download a hacked save and coast through all the battles.

"Fall" in JP theatres. Who knows when on BD.

I'm pretty sure it's just sloppy writing like the rest of that day. P3 occasionally bends the rules of its own plot in order to set up dramatic moments, such as when the streetlight provided an atmospheric touch to Shinji's death even though it was previously stated that all technology is inactive during the Dark Hour. It would be pretty cool if Mitsuru's dad had like, Sinbad as his Persona or something, but I doubt that series of was very well planned-out.

Since you mentioned Sinbad I have an unhealthy urge to watch Jingle All The Way right now

How many parts are there going to be? I'd assume two parts, roughly an hour thirty each in length? If so, that's about a quarter of the length of the P4 Animation. :/

Since you mentioned Sinbad I have an unhealthy urge to watch Jingle All The Way right now

PUHT DAT COOKEE DAWHN! NOW! I still watch that movie every Christmas even though I know deep inside that it's awful. I just see it on Netflix/on my DVD shelf and next thing I know, I'm on the couch playing it.

PUHT DAT COOKEE DAWHN! NOW! I still watch that movie every Christmas even though I know deep inside that it's awful. I just see it on Netflix/on my DVD shelf and next thing I know, I'm on the couch playing it.

Yeah the movie's a christmas tradition for me. As bad as it gets I love watching the christmas escapades of Ahnold. It's turbo tiem!

I think this is the perfect timing to change my avatar!

New avatar, get!

It's funny, everyone hated on Fuuka, then her college-aged self debuted in P4A and all the sudden ZOMG. Haha.

The day I'll come around to make Shin Megami Tensei Karting I'll do it cel-shaded then :p

Mara broken tier confirmed.

Big P3 spoilers

Imma go with the latter. Gotta have their crucified Chu-Chu shot!

Jintor

Her voice was...not fantastic in p3. It did grow on you though... I was actually kind of shocked at how different it was in arena

She was still a good character though.

You can stop spoiler tagging those now. Unless people really don't want Jingle All The Way spoiled.
You just don't understand, no one likes Booster.
I think most people just disliked her voice.
Yeah it's her voice more than anything. Her new voice in Arena is much better, and if by some bizarre chance Atlus were to do a P4G type thing for P3, and they'd use the new voice, I'd officially stop all of my Fuuka complaints.

Marche90

It's funny, everyone hated on Fuuka, then her college-aged self debuted in P4A and all the sudden ZOMG. Haha.

I've always liked her! Honest!

She was the first girl I went for in P3, and she's the reason why I always max out Courage before any other stat whenever I start a New Game.

And I have never found her voice that bad, if I'm being honest

PK Gaming

images

I want to believe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom