• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

So I just noticed something.

Big P3 spoilers

November 4th, once the Dark Hour happens, Mitsuru's dad isn't transmogrified like the men in suits are, as he's talking to SEES wondering what's going on. Yeah I know what happens to him at the end of the events but does he have the potential and they just don't say a thing? Or is him not being transmogrified just an excuse to set up for his death?

One can be in the dark hour without having the potential to summon a Persona: See Ikutsuki. Also, they were consistent about this, as Takeharu is seen in the flashback scenes during The Answer untransmogrified.

And while we're on the subject. It's possible for someone who is experiencing the dark hour to wake someone who isn't experiencing it. Strega does so as part of their "Revenge Request" website.

Dantis

On a completely unrelated note, I don't know if any of your are familiar with SMBC, but I just saw this comic and thought it was so great that I had to share it with you all.

Sophia

Score Attack Mode is such a stain on Persona 4 Arena that it actively hurts the game and I feel sorry for anyone who could derive pleasure from it.

Explains why most of the commentators are unlocked through it... I guess most folks who'd want them would rather just buy them. Still, I'm interested to see how far I'll get considering I used to struggle on normal difficulty :p.

Jintor

ITT

tumblr_mnvffsy5Ia1qzx4fzo5_500.jpg

Dantis

Just saw the Fable Anniversary thing. Holy gwack, looks amazing. Glad it's 360, means I still have no reason to get an XBone.

PK Gaming

Score Attack Mode is such a stain on Persona 4 Arena that it actively hurts the game and I feel sorry for anyone who could derive pleasure from it.

There was a time where I seriously tried to get it. I made it all the way to Yu and got obliterated.

"PK, you could be doing something that's actually fun."

And I never touched Score Attack again.

Just saw the Fable Anniversary thing. Holy gwack, looks amazing. Glad it's 360, means I still have no reason to get an XBone.

Yeah i'm super excited. Fable was the reason why kept my Xbox around in the mid to late 2000s. It's such an incredible game, and its sequels couldn't match 1/10th of its quality imo.

cjkeats

You and me both, Fable 1 was one of my favorite games back then and my original copy vanished long ago. It was the only reason I got an OG Xbox.

Squire

Banned
Persona 5 will not be at E3, I will bet a full priced Steam game.

The mods do know things (also Verendus is legit).

Even if they didn't though, Aeana and Duckroll teased an early localization of SMTIV as well. That was pretty mindblowing in it's own right when it was confirmed.

They do like to tease us, but if they got that right, I see no reason to doubt them now.

Dantis

Persona 5 will not be at E3, I will bet a full priced Steam game.

I was going to make this bet until I realised that 'Buying Levito a full priced Steam game' would not be an acceptable way to cope with another lack of Persona 5 disappointment.

Yeah i'm super excited. Fable was the reason why kept my Xbox around in the mid to late 2000s. It's such an incredible game, and its sequels couldn't match 1/10th of its quality imo.

You and me both, Fable 1 was one of my favorite games back then and my original copy vanished long ago. It was the only reason I got an OG Xbox.

Yeah, I loved the first game. I really hope they keep all the character development stuff, and don't put in the simplified crap from the second and third games.

I also hope they don't ruin Hobbe cave because it was legendary.

Levito

Banned
Ok, it doesn't have to be a $60 Steam game on the opposition end.

If 3 people are willing to challenge my bet, I'll buy them each a $5 Steam game if I'm wrong and Persona 5 is indeed shown at E3. If I'm right however, I get to decide what each person's icon on GAF is going to be till the end of the year.

Your move, PersonaGAF.

Ok, it doesn't have to be a $60 Steam game on the opposition end.

If 3 people are willing to challenge my bet, I'll buy them each a $5 Steam game if I'm wrong and Persona 5 is indeed shown at E3. If I'm right however, I get to decide what each person's icon on GAF is going to be till the end of the year.

Your move, PersonaGAF.

And I lose the best icon ever?

Psh, no thanks.

Not worth the trade-off.

I edited the post, you still game, big shooter?

1506.jpg

I may have to give this some actual thought and deliberation. Laura Bailey is the biggest wager of them all.

To be quite honest, I don't even think Persona 5 will be at E3. The sporting man within me can't say no to a game of shadows, however.

Omikaru

1506.jpg

I may have to give this some actual thought and deliberation. Laura Bailey is the biggest wager of them all.

It is a pretty big bet. Whilst I don't value my current avatar, I do wonder what Levito would choose for me in the unlikely event that I lose. That thought is terrifying.

Levito

Banned
I already know people wont take me up on it. (Because they know I'm right)

Labrys icons would suit the opposition well. :D

It is a pretty big bet. Whilst I don't value my current avatar, I do wonder what Levito would choose for me in the unlikely event that I lose. That thought is terrifying.

I'm in the same position. There are a few types of avatars that I really really really would not like to get stuck with for the rest of the year.

Plus Realpic July is coming up and I think it'd be cool to participate for the first time.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
The mods do know things (also Verendus is legit).

Even if they didn't though, Aeana and Duckroll teased an early localization of SMTIV as well. That was pretty mindblowing in it's own right when it was confirmed.

They do like to tease us, but if they got that right, I see no reason to doubt them now.

I had a feeling this was happening due to what happened with Nich. :p

Real money vs changing an icon. lol

What would be a fair amount of time for an avatar sawp?

Usually, avatar bets last a month.

Levito

Banned
Final proposal, if 3 people need to take me up on this:

If Persona 5 is at E3(I'll accept Famitsu too) next week, I will buy those 3 people a $5 Steam game.

If Persona 5 is not at E3, I get to choose what the icons for those 3 users, and they have to keep those icons for 2 months. Starting the day after E3 is over.

Put up or shut up time.

If Persona 5 is at E3(I'll accept Famitsu too) next week, I will buy those 3 people a $5 Steam game.

If Persona 5 is not at E3, I get to choose what the icons for those 3 users, and they have to keep those icons for 2 months. Starting the day after E3 is over.

Put up or shut up time.

1673041-superman_i_am_a_man_super.jpg

Now we wait for 2 more.

Omikaru

Put up or shut up time.

I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom