• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I have no doubt there is, the problem is not having the time sift through for it.

I have shows that I know are good and I'd enjoy that I don't have time for, doesn't help that if I can turn on the radio I hear auto-tuned garbage. :p

Trigger

Meia that's silly.

Temperance can't be missed. Bebe will appear in every event leading up to the end of the game if you haven't finished his social link.

There are no social links that have specific time requirements in Persona 3 FES (or in the male route for P3P, for that matter....)

Ah, weird. I thought he went away if you didn't have a high enough Academics by a certain date. All this time I've been giving the wrong advice! >_<

Venfayth

I have no doubt there is, the problem is not having the time sift through for it.

I have shows that I know are good and I'd enjoy that I don't have time for, doesn't help that if I can turn on the radio I hear auto-tuned garbage. :p

What kinds/styles of music do you like, and dislike? Friends can be a good way to find new music without having to sift through garbage.

Also, unless you like what you generally hear on the radio, don't turn it on :p

edit: Just PM me if you want, don't want to flood the topic with my music recommendations :)

Levito

Banned
That's pretty weird reasoning.

Finished The Last Of Us last night, here's my brief summation of the good and the bad:

Bad:
-Terrible partner AI
-Rampant auto saving kills tension + trivializes death, and most combat and stealth encounters are reptative and boring as a result
-Stealth mechanics are sloppy
-Enemy AI are all like hawkeye too. (seriously, the spot you so easily)
-Game as a whole is too easy, finished on hard no problem

Good:
-Stellar score
-Fantastic characters
-extremely sharp writing
-Only kept on getting better and better till the finale
-Amazing performances from cast
-Best dilapidated environments I've seen ( outside of Metro and old Silent Hill that is)

Overall an experience you really shouldn't miss. It's no masterpiece, nor does it create storytelling methods unique to gaming, however it's a damn fine game.

Dantis

You should listen to some stuff on Youtube sometime. Nearly everything I enjoy is stuff that I've stumbled upon through Youtube, Amazon or Wikipedia.

Unless you're not bothered, of course. ;)

This could be said of a lot of forms of media.

If you're implying what I think you're implying, it's not the same.

Lunar15

Guys, no joke: I had a dream last night that P5 was announced and it had the Catherine graphics look to it. It looked great, but my dream self was so jaded that I said, "this is a dream" and then I woke up.

I think I'm cracking.

Reminds me of a dream I had where I was getting chased by the reaper.

But it had Hitler's face.

Then there was that dream where I baked cookies with Naoto.

I kinda want to play through P3P again to finish the social links I missed. Got to rank 9 on Shinji's and never found that watch.

Meia

I work a LOT of hours, so it's hard to devote time to many things, like perusing music. Usually have to decide between gaming or doing that. Probably why I usually only listen to game soundtracks atm, and music discovered via such(fan of Rock Band, so have a lot of those on my ipod for example).

It's varied, but it's older music because of it, ya know? If it has a good beat to it, chances are I'd like it. Or good singing I guess.

On chapter 5 of LoU, and I can totally see what you mean about auto-saving. I shouldn't be looking to suicide during it if an encounter goes a little sideways to finish it in better shape than I entered it. Still good tension, but no penalty really kind of hurts. Also not a fan of how easily I seem to be hoarding supplies. I find myself sometimes making stuff just so I can pick up something else.

Trigger

IT IS OVER, TESS!

tumblr_mau0q111GR1r2x5qto1_500.png

Levito

Banned
Modern music is no better or worse than it has the past few decades. The super popular stuff is written by a bunch of suits in boardrooms meant to appeal to as many people as possible, that's how it's always been.

Lot's of good stuff though if you look, DEP's new album for example is one of the best I've bought in years.

On chapter 5 of LoU, and I can totally see what you mean about auto-saving. I shouldn't be looking to suicide during it if an encounter goes a little sideways to finish it in better shape than I entered it. Still good tension, but no penalty really kind of hurts. Also not a fan of how easily I seem to be hoarding supplies. I find myself sometimes making stuff just so I can pick up something else.

The game would be so much better with a save point like older survival horror titles like Resident Evil. The most you lose in TLOU is like a minute or so of gameplay...

Ah well as they say, most gamers these days want to go on a brisk walk rather than climb a mountain when it comes to difficulty.

FluxWaveZ

The game would be so much better with a save point like older survival horror titles like Resident Evil. The most you lose in TLOU is like a minute or so of gameplay...

Ah well as they say, most gamers these days want to go on a brisk walk rather than climb a mountain when it comes to difficulty.

Have you played the game on Hard or Survival?

Levito

Banned
Have you played the game on Hard or Survival?

My first playthrough was on hard, it was pretty easy. Supplies were really bundant and once you realize most enemies can be taken down easily with melee weapons(even Clickers) it's a cakewalk. Like Sophia said too: If you get spotted by the human enemies, just bolt away and they lose track of you right away.

Going to have to try survival mode next.

I really wanna try the multiplayer tonight finally though.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Go listen to Queens of the Stone Age.

Come back and thank me later.

Necrovex

I just ordered the Sony Elite Pulse headset from a Gaffer. I am a little over halfway through in TLOU, so I am thinking about putting it aside until those babies arrive. I am thinking about giving some love to XIV and to some RL friends.

They really should've just spread a rumour that their entire group was completely invulnerable from harm.

Then we could've avoided the ending :'(

Sophia

Moreover there's no guarantee the rumor would spread as they wanted it to. They're just a bunch of nobodies to the general public, remember that. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom