• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

...Well, I have-
Lv.46 Taraka
Lv.53 Titania
Lv.27 Narcissus
Lv.20 Tamlin
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.22 Pyro Jack
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.19 Oberon
Lv.12 Orpheus
Lv.29 Titan

I forgot that I got rid of Black Frost last time I played :S

You are nowhere near ready to fight the Nyx Avatar. Not even remotely fucking ready. Your highest level Persona is about 20 levels too low. And why are you hanging onto such low level Personae? You have no need for a level 12 Orpheus. Stop slacking and start fusing.

She's submissive to the player's avatar.

P3 spoilers be in mah post.

Which is given a perfectly understandable and justified explanation.
After all, Death getting released would mean the end of the world.
And it still doesn't account for Labrys who isn't submissive at all.

Stop trying to warp the game's story to fit your agenda. Just say you don't like a character. :p

TWILT

Banned
...Well, I have-
Lv.46 Taraka
Lv.53 Titania
Lv.27 Narcissus
Lv.20 Tamlin
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.22 Pyro Jack
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.19 Oberon
Lv.12 Orpheus
Lv.29 Titan

What level are you at/what difficulty you on exactly lol?

Marche90

...Well, I have-
Lv.46 Taraka
Lv.53 Titania
Lv.27 Narcissus
Lv.20 Tamlin
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.22 Pyro Jack
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.19 Oberon
Lv.12 Orpheus
Lv.29 Titan

WHAT!?

Fuse A LOT!

You really need to update your Personas.

What's your level, btw?

Trigger

I still never got why the robots have to be shaped like teenage girls. I take it that's addressed in the drama cds or something. I also find it hilarious that no one in SEES wonders the same.

The only way I'd even consider a Vita is if it got a price cut.

And also TV out, so I can play on my big screen when I'm at home. TV out that works and fills the frame instead of what the PSP had, I might add.

I still never got why the robots have to be shaped like teenage girls. I take it that's addressed in the drama cds or something. I also find it hilarious that no one in SEES wonders the same.

Because Japan.

So what do you guys recommend for the Nyx Avatar boss in P3P? Don't have any super duper fusion Persona except Black Frost, I'm planning to use Junpei, Yukari, and Akihiko. I still have a long time before the battle and can grind a shitload.

I'm not exactly the best person to go about offering my two cents in (I actually had my Orpheus do most of my work in P3P for that fight since I leveled him up high enough/boosted his stats/gave him some good skill cards (Outside of Agidyne, Salvation, Megidolaon, and maybe High Counter I can't remember the whole list sadly), but I'd suggest you have a lot of strong personas with various different resistances that you'd feel comfortable switching to. My end game party was Mitsuru/Akihiko/Ken. Story based gripes I have about Ken aside, he's a good medic.

...Well, I have-
Lv.46 Taraka
Lv.53 Titania
Lv.27 Narcissus
Lv.20 Tamlin
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.22 Pyro Jack
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.19 Oberon
Lv.12 Orpheus
Lv.29 Titan

I'd seriously fuse a lot more, with those you have and some personas you'll get from higher floors

You are nowhere near ready to fight the Nyx Avatar. Not even remotely fucking. Your highest level Persona is about 20 levels too low. And why are you hanging onto such low level Personae? You have no need for a level 12 Orpheus. Stop slacking and start fusing.

What level are you at/what difficulty you on exactly lol?

WHAT!?

Fuse A LOT!

You really need to update your Personas.

What's your level, btw?
Bu-bu-bu-but Social Links D:
Um, alright-
MC is Lv.54
Yukari is Lv.53
Junpei is Lv.52
Akihiko is Lv.53

Difficulty is Normal.
Also, the reason I have Personas like Orpheus and Pyro Jack is because I forgot they existed.

Sophia

It's explained. More P3 Spoilers (including drama CDs):
They're girls because the Anti-Shadow Weapons were based upon a girl who was hospitalized. They're teenagers so that they properly identify and grow an ego.

Um, alright-
MC is Lv.54
Yukari is Lv.53
Junpei is Lv.52
Akihiko is Lv.53

Difficulty is Normal.
Also, the reason I have Personas like Orpheus and Pyro Jack is because I forgot they existed.

Yeah you're pretty low level. The Avatar starts at level 76. And you REALLY REALLY REALLY have no reason to be hanging onto all those Persona. Do some Trinalge fusions and get rid of them.

FluxWaveZ

It might be mentioned in P3, but it's definitely addressed in P4A.
It's something like: because the Kirijo group androids had difficulty maintaining control/stability of artificially created Personae or because it wasn't possible, the androids had to form an ego by communicating with their counterparts and via other means. With this ego, they are eventually able to harness the power of Persona.

Marche90

Um, alright-
MC is Lv.54
Yukari is Lv.53
Junpei is Lv.52
Akihiko is Lv.53

Difficulty is Normal.

Start grinding, and try again at lvl 70-75 at least.

QaaQer

Yeah... what about Eternal Punishment characters!? There's not even a PSN release of the thing and the possibility of a NA localization is probably 0% right now.

It's awesome that I've been able to have the whole Persona collection (excluding Arena) on my Vita, but I guess I have no choice but to get the PS1 version of EP somehow...

So you can play 1&2 on vita?

johnsmith

remember me
They need to be human looking to have a sense of self required to summon personas. But yeah, there's no reason they couldn't be male. Maybe they'll add one in Persona 5 to appeal to fujoshi.

This thread is moving too damn fast.

I'm pretty sure I was running with Trumpeter, Alice, and Judgment around when I beat the final boss of P3 FES. It's probably a lot easier when you can control all your party members in P3P but your Personas should be roughly your character level pretty much at all times or higher or you're just making life hard on yourself.

GulAtiCa

Persona 3 is one of my all time favorite games. Logged over 300 hours into the game (combined from P3:FES and P3:p). I personally enjoy the female side of P3:p. Esp as she is voiced by Laura Bailey.

I really wish Atlus would localize Persona 2: Eternal Punishment for the PSP/Vita.

Esura

Banned
I like the game, or at least the PSP version. But I don't care for the cast of characters that much. They're not as developed as characters in the other entries.

I thought it was ok considering when it was released. Was kind of interesting, especially when
Yamanoka dies

...Well, I have-
Lv.46 Taraka
Lv.53 Titania
Lv.27 Narcissus
Lv.20 Tamlin
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.22 Pyro Jack
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.19 Oberon
Lv.12 Orpheus
Lv.29 Titan

LOL you are gonna get your ass whooped.

I had Thanatos and a few other ultimate Personas from certain maxed Arcanas and fusions with crazy skills at a considerably higher level than your highest Personas and still had a hard time.

TWILT

Banned
Um, alright-
MC is Lv.54
Yukari is Lv.53
Junpei is Lv.52
Akihiko is Lv.53

Difficulty is Normal.

Yeah, I wouldn't recommend tackling that boss until you're at least level 70~. More fusions and stuff.

Sophia

I knew the moment I saw that list of Persona that Sophia would flip out. :lol

FUSION IS YOUR FRIEND. DO NOT RUN AWAY FROM IT. ALL YOUR PROBLEMS WILL BE SOLVED IF YOU JUST FUSE MORE. >.>;

I say this after I decide to use a Yomotsu Shikome for 10+ levels. =P

Trigger

They're girls because the Anti-Shadow Weapons were based upon a girl who was hospitalized. They're teenagers so that they properly identify and grow an ego.

It's something like: because the Kirijo group androids had difficulty maintaining control/stability of artificially created Personae or because it wasn't possible, the androids had to form an ego by communicating with their counterparts and via other means. With this ego, they are eventually able to harness the power of Persona.

Ah, this makes sense. I always thought it was needlessly fanservicey.

I never played through all of Labrys's story in P4A.

They need to be human looking to have a sense of self required to summon personas. But yeah, there's no reason they couldn't be male. Maybe they'll add one in Persona 5 to appeal to fujoshi.

Would buy two copies.

FluxWaveZ

So you can play 1&2 on vita?

Yes.
2426596-2013_02_02_231743.jpg

Sophia

Ah, this makes sense. I always thought it was needlessly fanservicey.

There's something about teenagers in the Persona series that makes them most logical to summon a Persona too. The vast majority of protagonists have been teenagers, and we know it's difficult (but not impossible) to summon one if you're too young or too old.

Yeah you're pretty low level. The Avatar starts at level 76. And you REALLY REALLY REALLY have no reason to be hanging onto all those Persona. Do some Trinalge fusions and get rid of them.

Start grinding, and try again at lvl 70-75 at least.

What floor are you on right now?

need like 20 more levels or so

I thought it was ok considering when it was released. Was kind of interesting, especially when
Yamanoka dies

LOL you are gonna get your ass whooped.

I had Thanatos and a few other ultimate Personas from certain maxed Arcanas and fusions with crazy skills at a considerably higher level than your highest Personas and still had a hard time.
Okay, I'm at floor 160 right now, will do some triangle fusions and see how that goes.

P3 spoilers be in mah post.

Which is given a perfectly understandable and justified explanation.
After all, Death getting released would mean the end of the world.
And it still doesn't account for Labrys who isn't submissive at all.

Stop trying to warp the game's story to fit your agenda. Just say you don't like a character. :p

I have no idea who or what a Labrys is, nor do I care.

Stop trying to pretend that Aigis is anything more than a gross fanservice character.

Meanwhile, one of the persona users in the game is literally a dog.

Jintor

lol

I kinda like that in P3P a lot of incidental characters have full portraits (partially just as a result of the VN presentation) like one of the doctors in the hospital, or dudes who get mugged, or all of the teachers

Stop trying to pretend that Aigis is anything more than a gross fanservice character.

I think this is absolutely untrue, especially given The Answer. More to the point though I think it's a very easy shortcut to create a 'blank slate' style character who can explore in somewhat exagerrated proportions the idea of developing as a person.

My hangup though is just that the tech necessary to develop working androids would have crazy knock-on effects through the world that are unseen

Sophia

Meanwhile, one of the persona users in the game is literally a dog.

As someone who actually raises and owns a lot of dogs in real life, I can believe this. Dogs are highly emotional and empathic animals, and Koromaru is a shiba-inu. Shiba-inus are notorious for their aggressiveness and stubbornness, as well as their loyalty. It would make sense under the right circumstances that Koromaru could summon one.

Okay, I'm at floor 160 right now, will do some triangle fusions and see how that goes.

160? Okay so maybe your progress isn't as bad as I thought. Just make sure that you're in the 70's at the very least before the big fight.

And seriously, fuse more, I can't stress that enough.

I think this is absolutely untrue, especially given The Answer. More to the point though I think it's a very easy shortcut to create a 'blank slate' style character who can explore in somewhat exagerrated proportions the idea of developing as a person.

My hangup though is just that the tech necessary to develop working androids would have crazy knock-on effects through the world that are unseen
I agree with you, in that I think Aigis is more than just fanservice, but it may be telling that she's the only S.Link that they didn't change to avoid the gay in P3P's FeMC route. ;-)

As someone who actually raises and owns a lot of dogs in real life, I can believe this. Dogs are highly emotional and empathic animals, and Koromaru is a shiba-inu. Shiba-inus are notorious for their aggressiveness and stubbornness, as well as their loyalty. It would make sense under the right circumstances that Koromaru could summon one.

Yes, and the fact that a dog can summon a Persona makes all the mental gymnastics used to explain away why all the robots are teenage girls even funnier. :)

Sophia

Some have said it's similar to whatever transforming, android motorcycle is in the Naoto Shirogane spin-off novel.

That novel's not canonical.

But Mitsuru's motorcycle is most likely powered by
a plume of dusk. The same power source as the Anti-Shadow Weapons.

Yes, and the fact that a dog can summon a Persona makes all the mental gymnastics used to explain away why all the robots are teenage girls even funnier. :)

Erm, not really? It's already been established that adolescences make the best Persona users, and having a robot with a dog-like mind is not very useful when her original purpose was to serve humans.

Koromaru probably wouldn't have been able to continue to summon a Persona without the Evoker tho. It would have been a "Fight or Flight" moment thing to
protect the shrine from the shadow.

Jintor

I don't see much mental gymnastics involved, since Persona-summoning appears to involve a sense of self and machines developing a sense of self v a dog developing a sense of self doesn't seem that farfetch'd

I don't see much mental gymnastics involved, since Persona-summoning appears to involve a sense of self and machines developing a sense of self v a dog developing a sense of self doesn't seem that farfetch'd

Why can't the robot look like a dog.

e: I mean, I know the real, actual reason is that then you wouldn't get to date a robot in a schoolgirl uniform.

Sophia

Why can't the robot look like a dog.

It could. But honestly if you've got the potential to make the robot look like a human, why the heck would you make it dog? ;)

It's pointless to make it a dog when you can make it a human and get all the benefits with no drawbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom