• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread: The Butterfly Effect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soriku

Guys did Meguro work on Bleach's soundtrack? I typed in "shoji meguro" on the Youtube search bar and one of the things that popped up was "shoji meguro bleach". So I was like WTF? And then when I did the search I'm seeing a lot of Bleach tracks credited to Shoji Meguro and Shiro Sagisu?

Umm...is this the same Meguro or a different one? If it's the same Meguro I can't believe I'm finding this out now. But I'm not seeing him credited for Bleach on his Wikipedia page. And something just seems off about the whole thing :x

doctor_who_k9.jpg
???

Jintor

i hope they telegraph more explicitly that they're going to fuck up your s.linking schedule with mandatory story stuff on NG+s or whatever

damnit i'm going to miss finishing hermit and star on this run because of bullshit holidays not letting you go to school and s.link. so glad they just pop up in town in P4 most of the time

Sophia

As a cat owner the real question I have is why the robots can't be a cat. :3

Because every cat in the world ends up Tsundere or Kuudere.

Which seems to work out fine for Koromaru.

Doesn't work out fine when you're trying to have a unit that work alongside humans. Plus, (P3 Drama/P4A spoilers),
the units were all based off a real girl's personality anyhow. Easier to work with what they had.

cafemomo

I really need to finish P1 one of these days.
But, the OST and the gameplay is just terrible.

Anyway, in my opinion.

P3 > P2 IS > P4 > ................ P1

P2 IS had the best story
P3 had the best OST (
BABYBABYBABY
), characters & atmosphere
P4 had Rise.

Doesn't work out fine when you're trying to have a unit that work alongside humans.

Yeah, it'd be weird, and totally implausible within the story and world of P3 to have a dog working alongside humans.

I really need to finish P1 one of these days.
But, the OST and the gameplay is just terrible.

Anyway, in my opinion.

P3 > P2 IS > P4 > ................ P1

P2 IS had the best story
P3 had the best OST (
BABYBABYBABY
), characters & atmosphere
P4 had Rise.

I honestly can't tell if that's why you ranked it so low or not.

Persona 5 is all animals and takes place in Narnia

Nah, Narnia's just the dungeon area you enter via the wardrobe in the evenings.

Sophia

Semi-On Topic: All this talk led to me googling Shiba Inus and remembering how fucking cute they are in real life.

I want to raise a Shiba Inu personally one of these days, but I'm afraid my parents couldn't handle it or if I moved out I wouldn't be able to take it with me. It is very difficult for a master to earn their loyalty.

Trigger

Even as a dog Chie is still the cutest. I think that says enough.

I want to raise a Shiba Inu personally one of these days, but I'm afraid my parents couldn't handle it or if I moved out I wouldn't be able to take it with me. It is very difficult for a master to earn their loyalty.

Hmm, that would be a problem.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I didn't realize that this thread was in the Main Gaming section and not the gaming community section.

No wonder we have a bunch of new faces. :3

Jintor

Jan 30th
>You feel your relationship with aigis will become stronger soon

FUCK

SHIT

GODDAMNIT PIECE OF CRAP

Okay, I did some Triangle Fusions, I haven't done any leveling at all yet-
Lv.51 Narasimha
Lv.55 Decarasibia
I still have the following trash-
Lv.19 Orpheus
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.29 Titan

Sophia

Jan 30th

FUCK

SHIT

GODDAMNIT PIECE OF CRAP

Ouch. That one is nasty. >.<;

Okay, I did some Triangle Fusions, I haven't done any leveling at all yet-
Lv.51 Narasimha
Lv.55 Decarasibia
I still have the following trash-
Lv.19 Orpheus
Lv.32 Valkyrie
Lv.30 Pale Rider
Lv.29 Titan

Why. Are. You. Still. Hanging. Onto. Orpheus. o_o

Seriously, he stops gaining skills at level 6. :p

You should try doing a triangle fusion with Orpheus as a component. Try to make something quad elemental if your Decarabia isn't. What skill cards do you have of the main elemental spells too btw?

There's something about teenagers in the Persona series that makes them most logical to summon a Persona too. The vast majority of protagonists have been teenagers, and we know it's difficult (but not impossible) to summon one if you're too young or too old.

That was that dumb movie. Eternal Punishment. Dog personas. Etc.

Jintor

And Mitsuru only becomes available near the end of November too and she's only around like 3 days a week

between holidays somehow leaving you with less time to s.link, christ

if I don't get to use my mobile phone to freaking just call people up in P5 i'm going to be a sad panda

Soriku

Pretty sure that became Soul Hackers.

I don't think it "became" Soul Hackers. I think they'll either make a brand new game separate from the Persona series as it is now (but not 5)...or it was just a placeholder and will remain as one.

You should try doing a triangle fusion with Orpheus as a component.

Orpheus ain't too bad, granted he does stop learning skills at an insanely early level, but with the stat boosting cards and Portable's skill cards, he can still be good. Then again, the same can be said about any persona really. I'd assume with that Orpheus being a low level, there's none of that going on though.

New to Persona here. I bought Persona 3 FES on PSN, since I don't have a Vita and really want to try P4:G(now I am going to suffer without one).

Anyways a RANT: I've been playing on Normal, and really enjoying it, but once I got to the second month I stopped playing on PSN and just play this on my PC. I find some of the battles incredibly random and cheap. When fighting the Emperor and Empress I had to run the battle over and over because the Emperor would repeatedly instakill my MC with his first move, until once or twice he just...didn't. Without a save state you have to play through a ton of dialogue and cutscenes to get back there, which is incredibly frustrating.

Is P4 or P4:G better about this? I may try to track down a copy of P4, I really can't afford a Vita, especially with new consoles later this year....

Also...I named my MC Shinji Mikami, I don't even particularly like RE games.

Jan 30th

FUCK

SHIT

GODDAMNIT PIECE OF CRAP

Not necessarily P3, but I've pretty much had that happen with my progress on Rise's link. Last day I had a chance to work on her link I got to rank 9.

feels bad man.

Trigger

Does anyone still know if Atlus is still developing that Persona title for the 3DS they announced back at E32010?

It became Persona 4: Girl Side.
BELIEVE!!

New to Persona here. I bought Persona 3 FES on PSN, since I don't have a Vita and really want to try P4:G(now I am going to suffer without one).

Anyways a RANT: I've been playing on Normal, and really enjoying it, but once I got to the second month I stopped playing on PSN and just play this on my PC. I find some of the battles incredibly random and cheap. When fighting the Emperor and Empress I had to run the battle over and over because the Emperor would repeatedly instakill my MC with his first move, until once or twice he just...didn't. Without a save state you have to play through a ton of dialogue and cutscenes to get back there, which is incredibly frustrating.

Is P4 or P4:G better about this? I may try to track down a copy of P4, I really can't afford a Vita, especially with new consoles later this year....

Also...I named my MC Shinji Mikami, I don't even particularly like RE games.

Golden is shitloads easier so yes to bolded, I suppose. Cheapness is somewhat built into the system because of how easily instakill attacks hit. Consider dropping down a difficulty level if things are too intense.

You should try doing a triangle fusion with Orpheus as a component.
The only reason I still have Orpheus is because if I fuse him with anything it ends up being at a really shitty level, I'm trying to make him earn a few levels so that he doesn't make whatever fusion I'm making really bad.

Jintor

The only reason I still have Orpheus is because if I fuse him with anything it ends up being at a really shitty level, I'm trying to make him earn a phew levels so that he doesn't make whatever fusion I'm making really bad.

Don't worry about the math. Just use him, and then use whatever you get from that in something else, keep picking up personas in shuffle time and stuffing them together

Sophia

The only reason I still have Orpheus is because if I level him with anything it ends up being at a really shitty level, I'm trying to make him earn a phew levels so that he doesn't make whatever fusion I'm making really bad.

Fusion doesn't work that way; The base level (the level the Persona originally comes at) is considered during Fusion, not the current level. and Orpheus's base level is 1.

You should have fused him with your other low level personae and built up. A Persona always ranks upward providing it's not a same arcana fusion, so you if you keep fusing low levels with each other, you eventually will get something high level.

Also, see my edited questions above. I'm curious as to what your Decarabia has as it can inherit any ability.

Don't worry about the math. Just use him, and then use whatever you get from that in something else, keep picking up personas in shuffle time and stuffing them together

Yup. If you grabbed a bunch of random from Shuffle time you can probably make some really powerful ones providing your social links are high up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom