• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yesssss.

I'm so dumb, couldn't decide between standard and premium, missed release-date shipping because of it. But I want it to travel with over the holidays :\ Might have to double dip I guess. Desperate times, desperate measures, etc etc.

commish

Just got my LE.

Oh no, the included case is really awful. My 3DS XL is super loose inside it. A real shame, that was the thing that convinced me to go for the LE. What a waste...

Oh wow, seriously? I feel like I shouldn't open my premium version then. The case was a big selling point for me. Seems like it's useless.

Just got my LE.

Oh no, the included case is really awful. My 3DS XL is super loose inside it. A real shame, that was the thing that convinced me to go for the LE. What a waste...

Bummer, sorry.
It does make me feel okay about skipping the LE though as I was very strongly considering it for the case.

antibolo

Banned
Oh wow, seriously? I feel like I shouldn't open my premium version then. The case was a big selling point for me. Seems like it's useless.

Yes, it's really worthless and I am really pissed about it right now. There's absolutely no point in a hard case where the console is not a snug fit.

Do any Atlus PR people roam NeoGAF or is it just Xseed who does that? I have to voice my complaint to them. I wouldn't have bothered with the LE if I knew the case was trash.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Good lord, it takes SOOOOOO LOONNNGGGG to see if there's any add-ons available to download/purchase.

The wife's Xmas gift!

B3TZ1nJIgAAooqS.jpg

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Yeah, but I logged into my E-shop account, and clicked the check for new content tab on the start-screen, in-game, and nothing happened, beyond an update.
Guess it'll be up later today. I'll keep an eye on Atlus' twitter to see if they mention anything.

What, you're not gonna play it Korupt? Or are you still too busy with Destiny and Call of Duty? :p

This mapping business is pretty fun. Is the combat in EO similar to this in any way?

I'll play it one day. No hurry. She is the bigger fan. She will take over my PS4 when 5 comes out.

Gears

I'm heading to the store, and its either this or the new Pokemon ruby. I love Pokemon and consider persona 4 my favorite game of all time. Should I... Flip a coin? GAH!

Laconic

Banned
I guess I'll just go hard, this time.

I have a feeling that Risky is just like Persona, and not a start-from-scratch, like a Rogue-like... but I'll wait for confirmation before I take that dip.

But I ahve the day to myself, and am NOT waiting to start playing. :)

I have a feeling that Risky is just like Persona, and not a start-from-scratch, like a Rogue-like... but I'll wait for confirmation before I take that dip.

I think someone mentioned it way early in the thread (or maybe another Q thread) but I believe Risky = if the MC dies, it's game over back from last time you saved.

Alec

Downloading from eShop as we speak. Excited to get some time with this today.

Me too. Did it take you a while to get into the eShop? Mine crashed once and made me reboot, but I was getting in without issue at 11:45am EST. Is Persona Q to blame?

I hope so. That would be a good sign.

Picked up my PQ XL just now, took some shitty pictures to show my friends, which I'm not gonna bother posting here. It is very shiny though, I love it.

My premium edition should arrive tomorrow, but making the time for this game is going to be quite the task.

I'm really loving the design of the third dungeon. It feels like something right out of (Dungeon theme spoiler)
Corpse Party

What, you're not gonna play it Korupt? Or are you still too busy with Destiny and Call of Duty? :p

This mapping business is pretty fun. Is the combat in EO similar to this in any way?

Combat in Etrian dosen't have the Boost system, which gives it quite a bit of a different feel. This game's combat is essentially a fusion of Etrian and SMT.

All but the easiest difficulty start you from the last save on death.

commish

Picked up my PQ XL just now, took some shitty pictures to show my friends, which I'm not gonna bother posting here. It is very shiny though, I love it.

My premium edition should arrive tomorrow, but making the time for this game is going to be quite the task.

I'd like to see if you have any pics.

TheGrue

Me too. Did it take you a while to get into the eShop? Mine crashed once and made me reboot, but I was getting in without issue at 11:45am EST. Is Persona Q to blame?

I hope so. That would be a good sign.

My connection was slow, but I'm at my in-laws today and their Internet connection has been acting up all day. Not sure how much it's downloaded at this point. Just letting it go and I'm about to go out for a run anyway. Hopefully when I get back, it will be done.

Kater

Banned
Good work on the OT! Was tempted to get the Special Edition with the 3DS case included with game but don't have the money for that at the moment. So I'll just get the game alone. This will also be the first Persona title I am going to play, I hope it won't crush me as much as my first Shin Megami Tensei title (Devil Survivor Overclocked) when I first tried that one. 😪

Seda

Atlus announced the DLC schedule and prices.

Persona Q DLC Pricing and Roll-out Schedule:
Sub-Personas - These additional sub-Personas will show up in the Persona Compendium after purchasing and can be summoned once for free.
11/25 - Kaguya - Free
12/2 - Orpheus Telos - Free
12/2 - Magatsu Izanagi - $1.99
12/2 - Thanatos - $1.99

Navigator Voices - Change the voice of the Labyrinth and Battle navigators to any of the voices below! The dialogue differs per voice and is adapted to voice's personality.
12/9 - Margaret - $2.99
12/9 - Elizabeth - $2.99
12/9 - Theodore - $2.99
12/16 - Marie - $2.99
12/16 - Nanako - $2.99

aett

Can you choose which navigator you have regardless of if you start with P3 or P4? If not, then I guess I might actually get one of the navigator voice DLCs if I ever do a P3 playthrough so I don't have to use Fuuka.

Combat in Etrian dosen't have the Boost system, which gives it quite a bit of a different feel. This game's combat is essentially a fusion of Etrian and SMT.

yes, this game does change some stuff but it's pretty much EO with some Persona stuff.

Awesome, thanks guys!

And another question to those of you further in: how long until you unlock persona fusions and the ability to use sub-personas or whatever they're called?

Seda

Can you choose which navigator you have regardless of if you start with P3 or P4? If not, then I guess I might actually get one of the navigator voice DLCs if I ever do a P3 playthrough so I don't have to use Fuuka.

After the first dungeon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Heads up, the free DLC is out now.....since 8/15/2014, according to the page. Also, it's only 2 blocks.

*notices the circle pad doesn't work when trying to select MC* This isn't one of those games that forces you to only use the D-pad, is it?

Zero2kz

Was just at Best Buy for an unrelated reason. Wandered over to the game section to look around.

Picked up the PQ Collectors Edition and put it back about 5 times. I didn't want to spend the money....but I needed it.

Ended up not getting it, but probably going to go back after work and buy it lol.

Preordered the deluxe edition back in June, got free shipping from Amazon so I expected it to be received in another week or so. Got the shipping email from Amazon yesterday with expected arrival date of "11/25/2014". Got the notice that it was delivered today. So excited to get out of work and play.

Ahhhhh I don't know who to choose. I think I'm going to go with P3 but I like so many characters from both casts. :(

This is my first EO game, but I love both Persona 3 and Persona 4, pumped!

Heads up, the free DLC is out now.....since 8/15/2014, according to the page. Also, it's only 2 blocks.

*notices the circle pad doesn't work when trying to select MC* This isn't one of those games that forces you to only use the D-pad, is it?

Welcome to Etrian Odyssey.

scy

"You're crazy for choosing this. If the protagonist dies in battle, the game will instantly end. It's super-hard too."

Challenge accepted.

Aeana

Better than forcing you to use the circle pad/analog stick in the menus like a certain other game released last week.

Top Bottom