• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth |OT| -- No Dating, Just Dungeons

Yfqru0P.jpg

Today is a good day!! :)

antibolo

Banned
"You're crazy for choosing this. If the protagonist dies in battle, the game will instantly end. It's super-hard too."

Challenge accepted.

So we're automatically crazy for playing the mainline Persona games at all?

Heads up, the free DLC is out now.....since 8/15/2014, according to the page. Also, it's only 2 blocks.

*notices the circle pad doesn't work when trying to select MC* This isn't one of those games that forces you to only use the D-pad, is it?

Why the hell would you not use the D-pad in menus?

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
the stupid "help" tab on the map screen won't close.

I had to go back to town, and close the game.

You have to tap the upper right or lower left of the help screen. Took me a while.

This will be so good.
Handhelds are overwhelming me completely right now.
Still haven't finished SMTIV, bought DanganRonpa 2 during the recent sale and now this.
So many awesome games, so little time.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why the hell would you not use the D-pad in menus?
I like to alternate between D-Pad & Circle Pad depending on the situation (though yes, d-pad = menus). My mind usually goes to Circle Pad since that's my "default" way to hold the system, plus the first thing I see is "choose" in a giant circle.

It's more of I find it weird when a game only offers one or the other as a method for input, not both. Don't really have an issue with it, it's just gonna take my brain some time to remember I can't use the circle pad. Think the same thing happened with Soul Hackers.

KarmaCow

What changes depending on your choice of MC, just the story elements or is there anything gameplay wise (bosses, skills, dungeons) that also changes?

antibolo

Banned
Just remembered I also pre-ordered the 3DS XL Persona Q as well, lol

EBGames still hasn't shipped it. Any Canadians here in the same situation?

Where's my Grimoire du coeur damnit. I need my personality to change the world asap.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Is there a consensus on which protagonist has the best story? Leaning towards P4.

Seda

Is there a consensus on which protagonist has the best story? Leaning towards P4.

Don't think of it in terms of 'storyline'. In fact, there isn't much of a storyline to the game at all until the final dungeon. However, character interactions do tend to place some focus around the cast you started with, so go with the characters you like better.

Seik

Banned
Hmmm...

I have way too many games to play at the moment, but this one definitely sounds like a keeper.

Will probably end up buying it during Christmas, we'll see...Even at this point I fear lacking time to play. Oh man...being an adult. XD

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Don't think of it in terms of 'storyline'. In fact, there isn't much of a storyline to the game at all until the final dungeon. However, character interactions do tend to place some focus around the cast you started with, so go with the characters you like better.

Am much more familiar with the P4 cast now, so P4 it is!

Just received the notification that UPS has dropped my LE at my house. Now to somehow make Work and Class tonight go by faster......... Can't wait to start playing this game.

Somewhat disappointed to learn about the Case being less than ideal though.

you liar

I thought you were getting two standard editions + digital

I completely forgot about my 2nd SE order and that's why I have it now >_>

I was going to do that, but my provider fucked up and only got LEs, I had to pay the extra for crap I don't even want.

//ARCANUM

Anyone else pre-order from best buy and not receive any info yet?

i pre-ordered from best buy late last week and mine is on the ups truck out for delivery right now. :/

edit - scratch that, just checked tracking number and its been delivered. good luck on yours.

GeekyDad

Anyone else pre-order from best buy and not receive any info yet?

Pre-ordered from them months ago, and it's scheduled for delivery sometime today. I've always had the same result with them. They ship a few days before release day and I always get it on release day. It's the best thing about ordering games from them. But...I see in the shipping email that the SKU is for the SE. I ordered the LE, so we'll see if I actually get what I ordered.

Pre-ordered from them months ago, and it's scheduled for delivery sometime today. I've always had the same result with them. They ship a few days before release day and I always get it on release day. It's the best thing about ordering games from them. But...I see in the shipping email that the SKU is for the SE. I ordered the LE, so we'll see if I actually get what I ordered.

Did you order back when they had that pricing error on the LE?

//ARCANUM

Did you order back when they had that pricing error on the LE?

yeah cause if so, they announced that they changed all of those pricing error orders to be order for the standard edition and not limited edition. they said it on their forum but thats about it. they stealthily changed everyones orders.... good luck

yeah cause if so, they announced that they changed all of those pricing error orders to be order for the standard edition and not limited edition. they said it on their forum but thats about it. they stealthily changed everyones orders.... good luck

Indeed. If you contacted them, they changed some orders back to the LE SKU, but it was a YMMV for sure.

I actually had that order locked at the price mistake, but my conscience kicked in and I reordered the LE. lol

How is Amazon about replacing dinged cardboard boxes? Mine doesn't look heinous, but I wouldn't mind getting a replacement.

They probably have some stock to replace damaged ones for this very reason. Let them know, they'll swap them.

Laconic

Banned
So, in the first dungeon I have Kanji on point, as tank, Yu, as awesome, Chie as D&D monk, Z&R as ranged, and Yuki as her ever loving self (Goddess Divine).

Amazon packaging's perfect this time around. Was in a box with 2 airbags, one on the side and another on the bottom so that the LE was nestled in a corner of the box.

CF4F0A6C-A2CD-4A7B-99C8-43CB33EACAA0_zps48vom3mn.jpg

Can't wait to play after work.

Top Bottom