• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I mentioned this before in another thread, but I'm a lot like Yukiko in real life. Thus, any funny scene resulted in twice the laughing fits because I always ended up laughing at HER laughing fits. >_>;

That's adorable. :3

Chie and Yukiko, man - very convincing relationship between those two. The way the game portrays their disapprobation for their shadow selves makes you wonder about people in real life.

Ohh, I'm a little slow sometimes, especially after just waking up.

Fucking overnight shifts.

Dantis

... or further proof that Persona 4 Arena started development before Golden and came out before Golden. :p

Nope.

And no one will ever convince me otherwise!

;_;

As an aside, how funny would it be if Arena came out here in a few months, and I loved it?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Dantis pls

Rd80E.jpg

Lone Prayer was a mediocre song...but so was the original battle theme. Bloody Destiny was a great boss theme, but so was Deadline.

Couldn't take 3 steps without encountering a enemy so I bailed. Watched the story elements on YouTube and read the wiki instead.

If you ever play a Megaten with systems geared more towards the old school, Estoma is your friend. Seek out that skill as soon as possible.

Sophia

Liked it more than p3hahahahahahahahahaahahhaah...not kidding

I still love the Persona 3 Drama CDs. They flesh out the cast very well and I wish they were a part of the game. Plus at least two of them (Moonlight and by association Daylight) are canon.

Dantis

Just out of curiousity by the way, is anyone else in here not really bothered about Soul Hackers? The response was astoundingly positive. I was really surprised.

^I hope a hardcore hacker hacks you

I still love the Persona 3 Drama CDs. They flesh out the cast very well and I wish they were a part of the game. Plus at least two of them (Moonlight and by association Daylight) are canon.

P3 made me start to dislike the series, but my opinion on it has softened as time went on, its a fine game.

Yes King Leo, its easily the worst game in the series, but its also the first I played, I have a certain fondness for it.

Soejima should be a fashion designer. Dude knows how to make clothes look effortlessly cool.

He puts actual thought into it. That's rare over there nowadays...

Chie and Yukiko, man - very convincing relationship between those two. The way the game portrays their disapprobation for their shadow selves makes you wonder about people in real life.

Same story here. Real characters, not trope slaves.

Just out of curiousity by the way, is anyone else in here not really bothered about Soul Hackers? The response was astoundingly positive. I was really surprised.

I'm just worried people aint gonna buy the damn thing like P2:IS. It feels like they did this one due to down time between EO4 and SMT4 rather than hope for success.

They should be DLC costumes, at least. Alongside Aigis with her trechcoat, P3 Mitsuru/Akihiko/Fuuka, and human form Labrys. :3

I mentioned this before in another thread, but I'm a lot like Yukiko in real life. Thus, any funny scene resulted in twice the laughing fits because I always ended up laughing at HER laughing fits. >_>;
^^^ Awwwwww :)

Sophia

Played it on the Playstation, it and Dragon Ball Z Legends were my first imports. It holds up very well.

Especially considering there was cosmetic DLC.

At this point, I think they should release a new version of P4A to acknowledge the changes/new stuff in Golden and of course adjust balancing.

I am very surprised that DLC wasn't announced for Persona 4 Arena. They seemed like they were going to push it hard and it just all... died off.

You guys constantly point out Blazblue and Guilty Gear as proof of another P4A but...how many of their licensed fighters ever got an updated version or a sequel? None.

cj_iwakura

It should be. It's a fantastic game. And I'm pretty sure you haven't played it yet.

Well Ive said before, they lost me at first person dungeon crawling and demon negotiation. I imagine it has an absurd random encounter rate too.

Sophia

Well Ive said before, they lost me at first person dungeon crawling and demon negotiation. I imagine it has an absurd random encounter rate too.

It doesn't. Look up clips of Urabe's Vision Quest to get an idea, but the encounter rate is much much slower than Persona 1.

cj_iwakura

Nope, you'd be wrong. It has a great system that makes avoiding battles a breeze, and when battles do occur, they go fast and fluid.

And the story is amazing. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

I never fully beat Arena. Where is Labrys after the story ends? Does she not stay in Inaba?

She joins the Shadow Operatives with the P3 cast.

It went somewhere. It was the classic anime trope of: Amnesia -> Makes new friends -> Starts to regain memory -> Actual origins are personally horrifying -> New friends help he/she overcome the aforementioned horrors -> Happy ending

I mean the content of the actual s.link. Marie's story was tropey, sure, but I thought it was quite well executed in the end. However, saving that stuff for the dungeon meant the social link sort of came and went without any payoff as you were levelling it, definitely the least satisfying link that I maxed.

Squire

Banned
I mean the content of the actual s.link. Marie's story was tropey, sure, but I thought it was quite well executed in the end. However, saving that stuff for the dungeon meant the social link sort of came and went without any payoff as you were levelling it, definitely the least satisfying link that I maxed.

Trope-y as she was, I did mostly enjoy doing Marie's SL, though I find I'm much less interested on my current NG+ run.

As I said in the P4G OT, I think Marie integrates really well. Almost like a DLC character in Mass Effect. You expect her to be a side thing, but she's very much tied in to the game. I appreciated that.

Dantis

It should be. It's a fantastic game. And I'm pretty sure you haven't played it yet.

You are correct, of course. ;)

I was just curious, is all. I imagine Golden will have brought in a lot of people who would be uninterested in it otherwise.

If you haven't played Labrys' story yet, it's worth it. Some of the best writing Atlus has ever done.

Mmm... Stretching it a bit there.

It's definitely the most interesting of the Arena stories though.

Thanks guys. I need to beat the story mode at some point. Those long as hell monologues were such a turn-off.

High five! I actually fell asleep a few times when I was watching through them (It was also because I watched them all late at night, but even so!).

Nope, you'd be wrong. It has a great system that makes avoiding battles a breeze, and when battles do occur, they go fast and fluid.

And the story is amazing. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
I wish story was enough, but I hate that perspective and system so much. I skipped Persona 2 even when everyone kept saying it was the best story in the series because it had 2/3 things I hated about Persona 1.

Maybe whenever GiantBomb does a quicklook, I can see how the game is in English and see if Ill like it.

I wish story was enough, but I hate that perspective and system so much. I skipped Persona 2 even when everyone kept saying it was the best story in the series because it had 2/3 things I hated about Persona 1.

Maybe whenever GiantBomb does a quicklook, I can see how the game is in English and see if Ill like it.

Estoma man, it really helps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom