• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.

demidar

Hahahah yeah, that's right huh.

Gosh I sure sound like a huge Raidou's fanboy, yeah? Well I guess that's just because out of all persona/smt games I have played his design always sticks with me as the most badass-looking of them all.

I haven't played Devil Summoner and I agree.

dat overcoat

edit: I got chills watching that video, music is so good at setting the tone.

also, the sound of Raidou's gun is copy and pasted from Dantes, which itself was copy and pasted from Devil May Cry 2. All of Raidou's attacks are Dante's attacks reskinned and still similar looking....Still think its an awesome, if a little half assed cameo though.

Nocturne is my fav Megaten game of all time.

also, the sound of Raidou's gun is copy and pasted from Dantes, which itself was copy and pasted from Devil May Cry 2. All of Raidou's attacks are Dante's attacks reskinned and still similar looking....Still think its an awesome, if a little half assed cameo though.

I think that's the.... third (?)... release of the game?
I'm sure they weren't interested in breaking the bank to add new assets at that point, and I can understand.

Half-assed indeed, but GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME.

demidar

Oh I know, but it's still so great.

I like that the goddamn Unicorn is in both parties.

The gun sounds are a little different! Or at least, they were nice enough to give Raidou six shots.

The bigger crime here is Dante in his DMC2 outfit.

dmc2 dante is the coolest looking one, how crap the game was aside. if you say dmc3 dante looks the coolest i will curse apon you a thousand poxes.

dmc2 dante is the coolest looking one, how crap the game was aside. if you say dmc3 dante looks the coolest i will curse apon you a thousand poxes.
For everything 1000 you pox, I will... vaccinate or something.... 1500.

0.jpg

Speaking of Raidou what are the chances of another game with him? Did the game do well in the US, second one never released over here.

Both fathers of those games are missing now...

Just for comparison's sale Dante's version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jy3ufqp3l10

The intro song got less rockified for Raidou, and it works very well for Raidou. Both intros are badass btw.

There is too much BADASS in that video. Fuckin' SMT3 man.

Sophia

Orgia Mode Activate!

I'd give buddha an extremely long detailed essay on why Aigis is infact the best character in the Persona franchise, representing almost all of the Jungian concepts very well as playing on the various tropes and rules that were built on by Isaac Asimov.... but I'm too worn out after eating lots of pizza, getting groceries, and basically babysitting two young hyperactive boys. =P

That, and I want to finish my battle with Shadow Rise, which got postponed because the battery was running low.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I dislike Aigis :\

Well, dislike maybe is too strong of a word... indifferent probably much more fitting. I admit my feelings maybe in the minority in that I prefer the rest of the P3's main cast instead of her, even though she's being propelled to the MC status in The Answer.

Don't really know why... there's something about her that rubbed me the wrong way.

I feel like she grows into a better character everything post The Journey

Sadly robots seem here to stay, not everything is canon, but there is Aigis, Metis, Labrys, Genesis (Sousei), Sousei's "Sister Unit", the blue haired girl in Trinity Soul...

Sophia

One gynoid is fine. Three is...no. Her going to school and no one else noticing no feet or ears and the gun fingers is lol.

The fingers are gloves and Soejima's artbook shows they can be concealed as well, her feet are covered by school shoes, and most people probably assume the ears are headphones.

Gekkoukhan's uniform policy is surprisingly lenient. >_>;

Persona 5, featuring an entire cast full of androids going to robot school!

Seems more fitting for a classic Devil Summoner or Digital Devil Saga style game, actually.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I always like how in Persona 3 and also 4 only the protagonists are wearing different uniforms compared to the rest of their friends in school. It's like all of them like, 'screw uniforms I'll wear what I WANT."

Hahaha.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I want that last part out of Persona, can't have the same thing to happen 3 games in a row

Considering that much of modern Persona games these days are romcom and hot-spring pervert 'comedy' is pretty much integral to the whole genre I doubt you'll get what you want in the next persona, hahah.

A futuristic persona would be ace.

Sophia

Considering that much of modern Persona games these days are romcom and hot-spring pervert 'comedy' is pretty much integral to the whole genre I doubt you'll get what you want in the next persona, hahah.

A futuristic persona would be ace.

Hey now, the Hot Springs scene in Persona 3 was pretty awesome. Mostly in Persona 3 Portable. As the girl.

"It was nice knowing you." :D

demidar

It can be the male robots trying to take a peak in the girl robot toilets, but instead of finding a girl robot they find a male robot who walked in to the wrong bathroom since he's drunk off space alcohoil. Then they are scarred for life and make a vow to never speak of it again.

I wonder if a badass ghost can befriend a stalker robot....no really just look at my icon. Badass. That ghost is obviously too cool for school.

Persona 5, featuring an entire cast full of androids going to robot school!

You say that and my mind instantly dives into a relictual humanity where human society, law, ethics, and morals are ebbing in the face of a growing majority of android populace, benevolent, but dominating due to numbers. Cyberpunk old school Megaten, the lure of the remaining humans for the übermenschen state via cybernetics joining gaining it via demonic pacts/rumors/personas/etc. Old sins of humanity recommited by the new ones, old foes return to battle for the Amala once more...

Sigh...

demidar

You say that and my mind instantly dives into a relictual humanity where human society, law, ethics, and morals are ebbing in the face of a growing majority of android populace, benevolent, but dominating due to numbers. Cyberpunk old school Megaten, the lure of the remaining humans for the übermenschen state via cybernetics joining gaining it via demonic pacts/rumors/personas/etc. Old sins of humanity recommited by the new ones, old foes return to battle for the Amala once more...

Sigh...

Dude I just want robot panty shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom