• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Story & Spoilers, P4G Reflection, Persona 5 Speculation Inevitable

Status
Not open for further replies.
^It seems like half the fanbase wants that, half the fanbase dont.

Kanji will never probably confess his feelings to Naoto, feel bad for my bro. He will still be stuttering and clambering up around her when hes 40, a sad fate.

Dantis

Just finished the story mode of Persona 4 Arena. Though there were many endings, has there been mention of one of them being canon or is P4A just a spinoff? It would be interesting if Persona 5 continues off P4A.

I've said it before, but I don't think P5 will continue on from P4A.

It wasn't written by the same people, so I feel like the main team would want to carry on with their own thing.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Kanji will never probably confess his feelings to Naoto, feel bad for my bro. He will still be stuttering and clambering up around her when hes 40, a sad fate.

I'd rather there be like, P4-2 or something along those lines.

P5 needs to be a separate entity. Even if contained in the same universe.

Doesn't really matter Naoto since doesn't like him anyway. She can do much better.

The series needs a refresh. They cant just keep going back to the same cast over and over again. If they want to do spinoff, thats cool, but Persona 5 should be something new and should be able to stands on its own instead of relying so heavily on Persona 3 and 4.

Doesn't really matter Naoto since doesn't like him anyway. She can do much better.

True, but come on Kanji bro, just say your shit so you can get over your shit already bruh....

It will be interesting to see which path P5 takes, it can go any number of ways at this point.

Everyone keeps forgettin that if they do follow up P4A, it would rely on P2 and P3 too, maybe even P1. I know many people dont want that, but people only seem to notice the P3/4 connection.

Everyone keeps forgettin that if they do follow up P4A, it would rely on P2 and P3 too, maybe even P1. I know many people dont want that, but people only seem to notice the P3/4 connection.
The sentiment is the same. I dont want them to rely on the past so much. You have an over a decade old plot thread with philemon nyarlalothep and the casts of the past games. Its just way too much imo.

Im not against them following up on it, I just wouldnt want p5 to revolve around this. It should be fresh and new, thats including a new cast, setting, antagonist, etc.

The sentiment is the same. I dont want them to rely on the past so much. You have an over a decade old plot thread with philemon nyarlalothep and the casts of the past games. Its just way too much imo.

Im not against them following up on it, I just wouldnt want p5 to revolve around this. It should be fresh and new, thats including a new cast, setting, antagonist, etc.

I'm oddly torn. Part of me wants a completely standalone game, part of me is excited to see these threads picked up.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Kanji will never probably confess his feelings to Yu Narukami, feel bad for my bro. He will still be stuttering and clambering up around her when hes 40, a sad fate.

Fixed.

Sophia

Pretty sure that we're not gonna see a Persona 4 Arena 2 anytime soon thanks to BlazBlue:Chrono Phantasma. Which is why I suspect Persona 5 will continue on with it's plotline alongside whatever new plotline comes with it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I'm oddly torn. Part of me wants a completely standalone game, part of me is excited to see these threads picked up.

I still say they should do a spinoff to pick up the threads while let P5 be a mainly standalone as the best compromise.

But what would the spinoff be called? P4-2 wouldn't necessarily be the "right" title if it really does tie-in P3 and P2.

I still say they should do a spinoff to pick up the threads while let P5 be a mainly standalone as the best compromise.

But what would the spinoff be called? P4-2 wouldn't necessarily be the "right" title if it really does tie-in P3 and P2.

Dissdia: Persona or something like that I don't know.

Sophia

Of course, after the announcement of Shin Megami Tense IV, I'm pretty sure we're not going to see Persona 5 either anytime soon.... they know from Strange Journey that it'd cannibalize IV's sales if they announced it too soon. :(

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Pretty sure that we're not gonna see a Persona 4 Arena 2 anytime soon thanks to BlazBlue:Chrono Phantasma. Which is why I suspect Persona 5 will continue on with it's plotline alongside whatever new plotline comes with it.

Oh no, we're not talking Arena 2, but a sequel of sorts to Persona 4, possibly involving the events after Arena.

I was thinking of having two separate stories, one with the Shadow Operatives and the other with the P4 Cast. They're both investigating the events that happened and meetup near the middle. Or something. :p

Sophia

Oh no, we're not talking Arena 2, but a sequel of sorts to Persona 4, possibly involving the events after Arena.

I was thinking of having two separate stories, one with the Shadow Operatives and the other with the P4 Cast. They're both investigating the events that happened and meetup near the middle. Or something. :p

Hmm, maybe. But it doesn't seem likely they reintroduced all those P2 and P3 elements in Persona 4 Arena just to drop them in a spinoff.

Dantis

I hope not. The whole Shadow Operatives thing taking center stage wouldn't be that great.

Hmm, maybe. But it doesn't seem likely they reintroduced all those P2 and P3 elements in Persona 4 Arena just to drop them in a spinoff.

Doesn't it? Because they introduced them in a spinoff, so it wouldn't be that crazy.

How bout this.

Unnumbered Persona tying up loose ends, and ending the philemon/crawling chaos plotline/universe thing.

Persona 5, is completely new.

Dantis

How bout this.

Unnumbered Persona tying up loose ends, and ending the philemon/crawling chaos plotline/universe thing.

Persona 5, is completely new.

I wonder if Arena was just to set up Philemon and Nyarlathotep coming back, and the P3 and P4 cast will be absent.

Sophia

I wonder if Arena was just to set up Philemon and Nyarlathotep coming back, and the P3 and P4 cast will be absent.

I honestly don't expect the P3/P4 cast to play any more of a role than the P1 cast played in Persona 2. They're not that crazy, and they know it'd make it hard for beginners to join in. But you don't just basically reintroduce your main antagonist, imply he had a hand in the events of games where he wasn't directly seen, and then drop said plotline off in a spinoff game. >_>;

Dantis

I honestly don't expect the P3/P4 cast to play any more of a role than the P1 cast played in Persona 2. They're not that crazy, and they know it'd make it hard for beginners to join in. But you don't just basically reintroduce your main antagonist, imply he had a hand in the events of games where he wasn't directly seen, and then drop said plotline off in a spinoff game. >_>;

I'd actually like it if they played a similar role to the P1 cast in P2. Bumping into the Shadow Operatives on the way to the final battle, or something along those lines, would be really excellent.

Sophia

I'd actually like it if they played a similar role to the P1 cast in P2. Bumping into the Shadow Operatives on the way to the final battle, or something along those lines, would be really excellent.

One or two characters playable, the rest appear as supporting characters, more playable (as fanservice) in New Game Plus mode.

Sophia

As long as Ken isn't playable, that would be terrific.

19517.jpg

I can has be playable now? :D

^thats because Catherine was designed as a mature take on the themes of sex, marriage, cheating, love, etc. The advertising sold Catherine short really.

This happened in previous games because the dating mechanics were not there, this will never happen now. They was already fan outrage at the interest Chie had for Akihiko in Persona 4 Arena.
there was outrage? lol who the hell was she supposed to date? please don't say yosuke.

minor outrage, but how dare she not love Yu. Stupid huh?
I think she never really liked yu(or at least not as much as the other girls did. Not like it really matters since rise is the cannon love interest anyway :p). Even when you max her out and dater her,she still only feels like a friend with benefits. In p4 yu just straight up asked her to be his girlfriend(No romantic scene at all). She seemed to have the weakest relationship out of all the potential love interest.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
I think she never really liked yu(or at least not as much as the other girls did. Not like it really matters since rise is the cannon love interest anyway :p). Even when you max her out and dater her,she still only feels like a friend with benefits. In p4 yu just straight up asked her to be his girlfriend(No romantic scene at all). She seemed to have the weakest relationship out of all the potential love interest.

Golden expands on it a little more with her being all surprised that you actually chose her over the others on Valentines Day.

...Well his design was okay.

I think if returning character were made playable, it would be something like Aigis and Yosuke.

Its not completely sure thats Ken.

Toru Inui is a character from the anime Persona -trinity soul-.

Caretaker of the student dormitory. He keeps an old dog (possibly Koromaru) although pets are prohibited in the dorms. He had taken footage of Personas in action with his camera. He also knows a great deal about persona users saying that there were a lot of them around him many years ago. He also carries a gun in his jacket which he never uses.

It's possible that he's Ken Amada under an alias, due to his references in the anime to "a group of persona-users" that he used to hang around with, and the fact that he previously knew Akihiko Sanada before meeting him as police chief. In addition, the kanji for Ken's name (乾) can be also read as 'Inui'. This could prove the above theory, though it's still pure speculation.

Rise isnt canon at all. It is canon that Rise has a crush on him, but canonically TO MOST PEOPLE, in Arena, Yu didnt appear to love anyone really. *shrug*

Anyway at either rate to address the second half of Hitmon's post, all the P4 Arena converge endings (minus Elizabeth) converge into SOMEONE fighting the possessed Labrys and then both teams intending to go after the crawling chaos.

Your imagination can make any one of them canon, as they will probably never bring up the particulars during the inevitable followup (like the Naoto x Kanji thing moment, or the possibility of a universe that exists where Teddie could steamroll the P3 characters).

Also I really hope the Philemon plotline is addressed in P5. They had been teasing that secondary background plotline since FES, and in P4 Margaret mentions Elizabeth chasing after the P3 MC.

With poor Igor's VA passed away, it's a good a time as any to make that familiar haven fluxuate a bit. Probably not as a main plot, but it would be great for the room's caretaker and their arcana would change a bit over the story of the game, rather than have their arcana dependent be on fusion quests again.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
why do people hate ken?

He's annoying as shit. That terrible trope of "I'm a kid but act like I'm an adult". Only joins S.E.E.S in an attempt for revenge that ends up backfiring and getting a decent character killed. His persona is useless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom