• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2012 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| LONG LIVE THE KING.

Blablurn

header7052.png

10sdthe.png

Developer: Konami Computer Entertainment
Publisher: Konami Computer Entertainment
Platform: PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii, PC DVD, PlayStation 2, Playstation Portable, Nintendo DS, Nintendo 3DS and Mobile
Rating: 3+
Genre: Sports
Players: 1-2
Release Date: September 29th, 2011 / September 27th, 2011 in the US

GENERAL INFORMATION

• KONAMI has previously outlined Off The Ball control, an all-new player select system wherein any player can be targeted and controlled as a set piece is taken or while defending. But Teammate Control will give PES 2012 players total freedom in all areas. The Teammate Control system works in two ways, with users pressing the right analogue stick in the direction of the player they wish to control.
  • PES 2012 has already added a wealth of new AI elements to ensure that its on-field action truly reflects that of football at the highest level.
  • The Active AI system ensures that players track attackers more effectively, but without compromising the shape of the team, while one-on-one situations offer greater control as defenders press and jostle to win the ball, as attackers can use upper body feints and movements to bypass and wrong-foot their man.
  • Penalties in PES 2012, for instance, have been completely reworked and now use a camera from behind the taker, with players determining the position, power and placement of each kick.
  • Shooting has also been enhanced, with the various attributes of each player taken into account with the timing, pace of the ball and position of the striker’s body to the ball coming into effect to produce less wild, ballooned efforts.
  • Valuable time has been shaved from player reactions, and overall improvements to the animation via flow-block motions and changes to the player hit point elements have led to a three-frame improvement in response times, meaning players are quicker to chase down balls, amend and tailor their run, or take on a defender.
  • All skills can also now be refined in the return of the much loved ‘Challenge Training’ mode. A hugely popular part of PES lore, Challenge Training gives the player a series of tough tests which they can use to hone various skills.
  • The aesthetic style of PES 2012 has also been refined further, with the overall movement of the players now more fluid than ever, with animations segueing into each other effortlessly and incredible attention to detail.
  • Achievements: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/pes-2012/achievements/

f1ejj5.png

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEOS

25s6ij4.png

There are two Demos on PSN and PC, and one on the Xbox Live Marketplace.

2efhytt.png

more will follow...

closing words

banners were made by rvy, thanks pal!

enjoy the game folks, it's better than ever.

voyeur.gif
crouch.png
robben.gif
babyruth.png

Spat_triate

Hail to the king! Can't wait for the 27th. A member on Evo Web got me pumped with this run down of a Newcastle V Wigan game:

I'm on my day off and decided to play a 50 min game (25min/half), Newcastle v Wigan. Of all the matches I've played, this was probably my hardest yet. Ameobi even pulled a 'Nando.
The speed of Wigan's counter attacks ripped me apart in the first half. My frustration was doubled by Demba Ba's lack of awareness and inability to make smart runs off the shoulders of Wigan's CBs.

I began the second half 1-0 down and decided to move Ben Arfa to AMF and pushed Tiote up near the half line. I also subbed in Løvenkrands and Ameobi. My central midfield was very open but I knew that Gutiérrez would track back to cover the gap if necessary.

The second half was a totally different game. Ben Arfa, Gutiérrez and Løvenkrands mercilessly launched attack after attack, luring the FBs to the center and then exploiting the space on the wings. Ameobi just wan't up to the job however and failed to capitalize on at least 3 clear chances (including the 'Nando I mentioned earlier).

Hoping to hold on to their one goal lead, Wigan had resorted to playing a completely defensive formation and adopted very defensive tactics. Palms sweaty, I moved Ben Arfa up to the very edge of the box with 77 mins elapsed on the clock. This decision proved to be a fateful one, as within 5 mins, Ben Arfa skipped past 2 defenders and after being pushed off the ball by Caldwell, regained his footing to nestle the ball in the corner of the net.

Right then. It's fucking on. I switched tactics from Long Ball/Possession to Counter Attack and waited for Wigan's inevitable push for the winner. In the 85th minute, they launched a brutal attack, pushing 9 players into my half. By now my bloody armpits were sweating like crazy. I could feel the sweat running down my arms. Would my risky tactic work?

BOOM!!! Rodallega released a monstrous low shot that took a deflection. Harper was moving the wrong way and caught wrong-footed. The ball seemed to move in slow motion, teasing me with every bobble, I mouthed the word "SHIT" and resigned myself to a loss.

CLANG!

Off the post? Off the fucking post!! My hands can barely keep a grip on the controller. Tiote gets the rebound and with a deft touch, pushes it into space near the corner flag. I notice both Ben Arfa and Løvenkrands bursting foward. Arfa was being closely marked, but in their haste their took their man off of Løvenkrands. Big mistake. I decided to use a manual long pass and placed the ball a few meters ahead of Løvenkrands. By now the lone defender had moved forward in an attempt to close the angle and put Ben Arfa offside. Løvenkrands sped past him like he wasn't even there, but in doing so over hit the ball. Sensing an opportunity to be the hero, Kirkland rushes forward. Too late. Løvenkrands gets there first and with a touch of R2, calmly places the ball in the corner of the net. 2-1.

While Løvenkrands ran to the adboard to celebrate I just sat there and thought about what had happened. My shirt, cold and wet from sweat, clung to my chest. My hands were slippery but hot from all of the blood and adrenaline being pumped to keep them functional.

This must be what Sir Alex or Pep feel like when their teams have outsmarted and outplayed their opponents. While Wigan played at the same physical level as my players, they were tactically undone and by the end of the game, couldn't string two passes together. This is why PES will always be my footy game of choice.

When the referee blew the final whistle, I sat up and exited the game immediately. My newborn lay next to me, looking quizzically at what I imagine must have been quite a sight; his pops, drenched with sweat muttering "Master League".

Thanks for reading gents. I'm off to take a nap now.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Played the demo twice and uninstalled it. At this point PES needs a HD version of the wii controls. Trying to replicate it on a dualshock is a bad, bad idea.

Blablurn

rvy said:
If you need anything as far as banners and stuff goes, hit me up.

thanks man, u were already a big help with those banners. i think im getting to old for this "make of OT stuff" haha

Arnie

After extensive play of both demos I can only concur, long live the king.

This is the first time in many years where I can clearly and sincerely say PES is the better game.

After playing both demos there's still a lot of room to improve and is still far of the best PES, but definetly is the best PES game in some time.

But FIFA is getting awfully close, with every new installment....

Zabojnik

I've been playing it on and off for about a week. Some nice improvements to the AI and the whole pressing mechanic (forget about just holding down X or / and []), but it's to soon to tell.

Does anybody know if they removed the option to start the Master League with the actual players of a selected team? As far as I can tell you have to always start from scratch with the Stromers, Mirandas and Castolos. Which kind of sucks if you want to start signing big players asap.

feel

PES SUCKS

FIFA SOCCER FTW GUYS!!

:p

Anyways, hoping to get it in about 4 or 5 days, my friends returns from the US the day it launches, and he will be going to wallmarts looking for it very early..

Spruchy said:
Award for most desperate thread title goes to...
Meh, could've been better, this one doesn't really send the message across of complete PES superiority this year.

Spat_triate

Zabojnik said:
I've been playing it on and off for about a week. Some nice improvements to the AI and the whole pressing mechanic (forget about just holding down X or / and []), but it's to soon to tell.

Does anybody know if they removed the option to start the Master League with the actual players of a selected team? As far as I can tell you have to always start from scratch with the Stromers, Mirandas and Castolos. Which kind of sucks if you want to start signing big players asap.

In PES 12 you unlock the ability to start with the real lineup. In PES 2011 I believe it was unlocked from the start.

Datschge

Please take off the Wii Playmaker version from the header banner. It will get its own OT once we finally get any tangible info on it...

The_Monk

I was going to get this but no way I can afford so many games coming in Oct. Nov.

Tried the first demo, didn't like it, tried the 2nd and loved. Lol, maybe it was a mood thing, I don't know, but I planon getting this, but not just now...

Hope it get good reviews.

gate777

Akkad said:
Anybody? Yes, No, Hello, anything? This topic is DOA already, probably should just get FIFA.

No, it's still the first demo. Just make yourself an EU account and download it. Demo 2 has been up for over a week now.

apart from some glaring issues like HORRIBLE keepers and certain through passes in defense not working right many times, the gameplay itself certainly improved from the previous versions and feels a little more natural...

still on the fence though

spwolf

i was "forced" to play Demo 2 for half a day by my son :)... we first tried FIFA and then PES.
He definetly loved PES... daddy thought him well... he kept making a point how FIFA sucks and PES is much better :p.

spwolf said:
i was "forced" to play Demo 2 for half a day by my son :)... we first tried FIFA and then PES.
He definetly loved PES... daddy thought him well... he kept making a point how FIFA sucks and PES is much better :p.

although i too think PES is better this time this sorta makes me a little sad.. poor kid trollin already :p

Qatar

After playing it and seeing how bad the keeper is, I guess it's no buy for me as I can't stand playing with such terrible GK

spwolf

Qatar said:
After playing it and seeing how bad the keeper is, I guess it's no buy for me as I can't stand playing with such terrible GK

keepers will be patched right away :). Although I dont really mind it... got tired of super keepers.

@JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy
@cryslandemoraes goalkeepers will be improved again with a download
23 Sep via Twitter for iPad

spwolf

Kabuki Waq said:
although i too think PES is better this time this sorta makes me a little sad.. poor kid trollin already :p

it is pretty natural vs having to work hard with FIFA. Kids dont lie :).
He is 5.5 years old and with Demo 2, he beat me for the first time... went to bed a happy kid.

Top Bottom