• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2012 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| LONG LIVE THE KING.

MPW

pes2012uscover.jpg

NA gets the game early and better cover! deal with it! :p

mauaus

spwolf said:
at least 1vs1, defending is definitively easier than before.
wow, im playing a different game then i almost never loose a game in top player on 2011... Any pointers or guide you would share im horribly frustrated with the game right now...

feel

mauaus said:
wow, im playing a different game then i almost never loose a game in top player on 2011... Any pointers or guide you would share im horribly frustrated with the game right now...
Don't rush into the attacker, hold your ground and try to time your A button press (or RT release if you hold play in the RT+A automated way) to the moment the attacker touches the ball because he most likely won't be able to touch it again immediately to react to your move, just like in real life.

mauaus

Letters said:
Don't rush into the attacker, hold your ground and try to time your A button press (or RT release if you hold play in the RT+A automated way) to the moment the attacker touches the ball because he most likely won't be able to touch it again immediately to react to your move, just like in real life.
wow That makes a lot of sense thanks!

This will be the fourth year in a row that I won't be picking PES.

Konami, you're in the right way, I hope next year you reach the goal.

spwolf

Spanish Wrath said:
This will be the fourth year in a row that I won't be picking PES.

Konami, you're in the right way, I hope next year you reach the goal.

if you are picking FIFA12, hopefully Konami will never make version that works for you.

rvy

Banned
People over Evo-Web seem to be raging about the final game being much closer to PES 2011 than the 2nd demo. Relentless pressure and such.

rvy said:
People over Evo-Web seem to be raging about the final game being much closer to PES 2011 than the 2nd demo. Relentless pressure and such.

the hell? i thought the second demo was supposed to be THE indicator for the final game ??

Bumhead

Banned
Not sure what version of the game I played at the Eurogamer Expo, but I have to say I had a better time with it than I did with FIFA 12. The complete opposite to how I reacted to both demos..

feel

Glad to read on other forums that the final game is better and more refined than the last demo, and that the pressure thing is being blown out of proportion. I hope they sorted out the braindead defensive AI from demo#2 (defenders don't know how to react to crosses or high balls, sidebacks keep staying back and putting opposing attackers onside right in front of goal, last defensive line keeps being pushed back into own goal trying to maintain marks instead of letting attackers go into offside...)

Hopefully I get my copy in the next 48 hours.

I'm curious to see how the mobile version turns out. If it's like last year's iOS version, Konami will need to add A LOT to move it ahead of First Touch Soccer. The passing system is so limited it's almost embarrassing.

rvy

Banned
What's with South American national squads licensing these days? Last year everyone lost Brazil, this year it's Argentina in PES. The hell?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just got an email from Konami stating an update is available adding 3D support to the PS3 version. Is this just news to me or was actually unexpected?

Can't find the PR online so I'll just link to my news piece.

http://www.iwaggle3d.com/2011/09/pro-evolution-soccer-2012-free-update.html

"Konami Digital Entertainment, Inc., has just announced the availability of a free update for PlayStation® 3 version of the newly released sports title, Pro Evolution Soccer 2012. Xbox® 360 and Windows PC updates will be available this October.

As football fans flock to experience the most realistic football title to date, KONAMI has announced that new users can add a number of key elements to the game via a free download. The myPES system will be available in an initial Beta form, allowing users to create an account and exchange data with Facebook to share results and post them to other users. The full service which will incorporate various statistics, achievements as well as the ability to create private and public game groups will then launch in October. KONAMI has also made a few tweaks to the Active AI element, with goalkeepers the main beneficiaries with their AI enhanced even further.

PS3 users will also benefit from 3D support, with the download adding 3D functionality to those with 3D TVs."

damnit, i just played the 2nd demo again and i did really well this time, leading with 1-0 and toward the end an opposing player just sprints down the line, i intercept him perfectly and hit X at JUST the right time, yet the other player magically keeps on going and brings the ball in high... their guy in the middle magically runs faster than my manually controlled defender which i thought i brought into perfect position and scores the equalizer!!!

i HATE that it's still "scripted" a lot of the time :(

rvy

Banned
Game feels too stiff for me. They messed around with the passing assists again, now I don't know what to set the bars to. Game also feels too random when you reach the opponents goal, way too random.
Also, that update is needed ASAP. Roberto is still in Benfica, FFS. And Witsel is bald? What? Never thought I'd saw the day where Portuguese teams are more accurately represented in FIFA than in PES.

ronaldo-gifwfam.gif

Collision detection is so archaic, lol. Alright, someone has touched your player, canned animation, enjoy. I don't know, some times it feels like it should, some times it's all over the place.

thanks for your impressions...

what do you mean by "random" in front of the goal?

the passing? when you take a shot? I felt with the 2nd demo that oftentimes the SHOOTING is off, like i CLEARLY aim toward the upper right corner and yet he will very often shoot it in the middle or even the left corner sometimes :(

PES Players, I need some insight on my lacking skills. I've just been playing the demo.

How can I better defend against corners? I'm sorry but it seems like the AI is just too good at scoring goals here.

Why is it that sometimes when I do a L1 + /\ pass and manually take control of the player who is receiving the follow through pass the player always slows down automatically to meet the pass? I like to let the pass bounce ahead of me and keep going...

This is just a question about an observation...In the challenge section of the demo I am tasked with inputting a corner kick and during mid phase, I must manually switch to a player and manually get in position to score a goal off of the corner. Why is it that I do the inputs but never actually get control of the player? I completed the challenge by kicking the corner kick in a precise location and hitting O or X without even switching to the player o.o'.

It's the same loss of control as when you the player, are right next to the AI keeper when he is holding onto the ball...you lose all control and you are not able to pull yourself away from the keeper?

rvy

Banned
Winnie the Pimp said:
thanks for your impressions...

what do you mean by "random" in front of the goal?

the passing? when you take a shot? I felt with the 2nd demo that oftentimes the SHOOTING is off, like i CLEARLY aim toward the upper right corner and yet he will very often shoot it in the middle or even the left corner sometimes :(
I mean that the passing system is set-up in such a way that you can't really put the ball where you want, at the speed you want, with the power you want. That's why if gets so random and unpredictable. I wouldn't mind that in small quantities, but not half the time I'm in possession in the opponents half. It also may be because I was using all the "arrows" up and most of my team was alongside me in the opponent's half.

ssolitare said:
PES Players, I need some insight on my lacking skills. I've just been playing the demo.

How can I better defend against corners? I'm sorry but it seems like the AI is just too good at scoring goals here.

Why is it that sometimes when I do a L1 + /\ pass and manually take control of the player who is receiving the follow through pass the player always slows down automatically to meet the pass? I like to let the pass bounce ahead of me and keep going...

This is just a question about an observation...In the challenge section of the demo I am tasked with inputting a corner kick and during mid phase, I must manually switch to a player and manually get in position to score a goal off of the corner. Why is it that I do the inputs but never actually get control of the player? I completed the challenge by kicking the corner kick in a precise location and hitting O or X without even switching to the player o.o'.

It's the same loss of control as when you the player, are right next to the AI keeper when he is holding onto the ball...you lose all control and you are not able to pull yourself away from the keeper?

The part where you manually take control of the player and he slows down to meet the follow through ball is just because no soccer game has managed to have TRULY off the ball physics, there is always some automation unfortunately and in this case yeah you can feel it a LOT :(

ssolitare said:

Defending against corners - I have trouble with this as well, so I just pick a defender and move him as close to the corner taker as I can. This makes the CPU use a higher arc to float the ball in. Then I switch to a player in the center and I have a little bit more time to position myself and time my jump.

Through Balls/Lofted Through Balls - It is as Winnie the Pimp says, unfortunately. There is always a bit of 'on rails' feeling while receiving through balls I am afraid. (Especially the L1 + /\ kind). What you need to do to let the ball bounce is press R1 + R2 at the same time, then you can freely control the player. Keep running with the ball and take a touch when you need to. ( R1 + Direction for a long touch used to burst into space. R2 + Direction for a light touch to touch it past a defender).

Do you use L1 to switch to another player? In 2012, try using the Right Analog stick. I've noticed that using that makes your choice stick and not change during a cross.

GQman2121

Banned
I just pre-ordered with CDwow. Have to import the pal version because all the best OF come from Euroland. I wish my notebook could run this at decent settings though because the pc version is always so well supported throughout the season.

Thrakier

rvy said:
Game feels too stiff for me. They messed around with the passing assists again, now I don't know what to set the bars to. Game also feels too random when you reach the opponents goal, way too random.
Also, that update is needed ASAP. Roberto is still in Benfica, FFS. And Witsel is bald? What? Never thought I'd saw the day where Portuguese teams are more accurately represented in FIFA than in PES.

ronaldo-gifwfam.gif

Collision detection is so archaic, lol. Alright, someone has touched your player, canned animation, enjoy. I don't know, some times it feels like it should, some times it's all over the place.

So, I enjoyed the 2nd demo very much...will I enjoy the final game as well?

shoplifter

^^^ Yes.

Meus Renaissance said:
Is there an online pass needed for this?

No.

By the looks of the thread (here and elsewhere), seems like FIFA dwarfed this in sales. I'm enjoying this one more though.

spwolf

are we going to do some gaf league or something? Otherwise i am getting PC version, much much cheaper here.

It is released in 2 weeks in Europe, so long way to go to play non-pirated version.

Mat C said:
Not sure what version of the game I played at the Eurogamer Expo, but I have to say I had a better time with it than I did with FIFA 12. The complete opposite to how I reacted to both demos..

Same here

spwolf said:
are we going to do some gaf league or something? Otherwise i am getting PC version, much much cheaper here.

It is released in 2 weeks in Europe, so long way to go to play non-pirated version.

I am definitely interested in this. Sign me up

spwolf

what a beautiful game... it is combination of what is best in pes, with many of old issues removed between 10/11/12.... wonderful. So free flowing.

Thrakier

I'm playing the PC Demo #2 now and I witness some micro stuttering from time to time. Any idea where this comes from? My PC is at a steady 60FPS and should be strong enough...

Top Bottom