• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2012 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| LONG LIVE THE KING.

sinky72

My views are from someone who doesn't play a great deal of football games so they are probably different from a more hardcore footy gamer.

I bought PES 11 and although it was ok, didn't enjoy it enough to play a great deal of it. This year I tried both FIFA and PES 12 demo's and enjoyed PES a great deal more so went and got it on release.

Fast forward a few weeks since release and i'm loving it. Like I said, i'm not a hardcore footy gamer so probably playing it about 3-4 times a week for about an hour or 2 at a time but i'm having a lot of fun with it. Finding using the R stick on dead ball plays to move other players very useful. There doesn't seem a great leap graphically from last year but it's more than ok and using feints seems easier using L1 and R Stick.

Although I probably won't be putting hours and hours into it, I can see meself playing it over a long time, even it's an odd competition with family/friends or a quick game or 2 against the AI

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Got the game yesterday, finally, on PC.
I fire it up... It's glorious!!! Shits all over that other game. Players and texturing are uncanny, presentation is top notch.
I start my first match... WHADDAFUCKISDISSHIIIIIIIT??!!
What the hell is wrong with the animations?! The AI (team mates and vsCPU) is completely daft, midfield becomes a matter of people running all over each others, a mess.
And goddamn why they even took away stats like accelleration, shoot technique, most defending skills and so on? Such a stupid, idiotic decision.
I'm on version 1.1 btw, and yet there's still Eto'o at Inter, is there a new patch which maybe fixes some things and updates the rosters? Although the rosters are the last of my concerns at this point.

I for once liked A LOT last year's game (PC), I know I'm probably in the minority but to me it was the best (not-on-Wii) Pro Evo in years. It wasn't perfect but I enjoyed it a lot.
So far this 2012's effort sucks so much ass that it's painful and not only 'cause of the money wasted... I'll have to get back to 2011 at this point, maybe with some peskit 2012 mods.

Sooo pissed about this PES 2012 tho, is that what's in-store for PES in the future?
How am I going to manage when I can't like FIFA for the life of me? :/ I tried to adapt, I have this year's FIFA as well, but I can't: I've been playing this series since Winning Eleven on PSX as a teen and all my friends only play PES, I just don't want to switch.

slider

The game finally turned up a few days ago. Any tips? I don't really play online (and don't intend to) so, meh, it ain't that important as I'll reduce the difficulty if I'm not winning enough games!

Blablurn

what the fuck is wrong with this game. almost every 2nd corner for the other teams ends wih a goal. im fucking pissed. especially after hitting the bar 2 or 3 times in the same match.

for fucks sake. it could be soooo good. but this bullshit ruins the experience for me.

Thrakier

Blablurn said:
what the fuck is wrong with this game. almost every 2nd corner for the other teams ends wih a goal. im fucking pissed. especially after hitting the bar 2 or 3 times in the same match.

for fucks sake. it could be soooo good. but this bullshit ruins the experience for me.

Learn how to defend.

rvy

Banned
Hello PES fans, I just got back from Japan and I’m happy to reveal the details of the second free update for PES2012 on PS3, Xbox360 and Windows PC which went live yesterday.

After our day-one patch and the first DLC for PES 2012, the current update allows us to revise some aspects detected in the game, and of course also reported by you guys via the official website, our PES facebook page, my twitter and our trusted forums.

jon-murphy-pic-Kopie.png

On the Gameplay side, we’ve enhanced some aspects we consider very important at this moment, and which will result in a more challenging and realistic interactive football experience:

- The structure of GamePlan menu is changed for better usability. This will allow you to set-up your usual options and GamePlan changes quicker, with more time to play matches.

- GK actions are improved in general. You’ll feel this from the very beginning, the movements and reactions of the goalkeepers will be enhanced and now scoring, particularly from certain areas will be more challenging.

- The grounder Free Kick used to easily go through the wall. Now, it’s been made less successful, so you cannot count on this anymore. So, step up your free kick game and I suggest you watch this great Free Kick Tutorial for PES 2012: http://bit.ly/t6xV9T

- Success ratio of penalties has been properly adjusted. I know this might not please everyone, but the chances are now more realistic as we aim to be the best soccer simulation we really had no choice on this.

We’ve also addressed some technical issues and hope you’ll see the benefit of a more fluent gaming experience.

Follow me on twitter at www.twitter.com/JonMurphy_PES and tag your tweets with the #LLI hashtag in order to allow me to monitor your comments and suggestions, which are always welcome!

Personally speaking, I’m really happy the team changed all these points so quickly, as they really want to deliver you the best possible product! Many thanks again to all our supporters and their feedback!

I’ll now get back to my Jetlag.

Best,
Jon.

Alright then.

If anyone is interested, PES 2012 is the deal of the day on Amazon. $39.99 is a great deal for either current gen versions. I'm having a hard time justifying the purchase, since it's such a stacked month for releases, and I've already got FIFA 12 and PES 2012(Wii) coming soon.

Just a heads up for anyone else on the fence about it.

sohois

so what are the impressions for this yr now that is been out for a while?

Its pretty good. Lots of annoying 'balance' problems i.e. stuff like the A.I. teams being too defensive and headers being way too hard to score, as well as some needless oversimplification of various UI elements and modes, but its really minor problems.

From what i've heard of FIFA, PES is the far superior game if you're mostly into singleplayer, whilst FIFA is better if you mostly play multi, but i have only played PES so couldn't really comment.

Kikujiro

I'm playing Fifa right now and besides the better presentation and the licenses, it's pretty fucking boring and has as many problems imo.

Yeah, Fifa is full of problems too (especially the single player). Right now we have two mediocre soccer game.

rvy

Banned
PES 2012 DLC updates Copa Santander Libertadores
by PES-Team on 25/04/12

Konami has outlined the next free downloadable content for PES 2012.

The download will be released for PlayStation3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC on April 27th, and enhances the game’s use of the Copa Santander Libertadores licence.

The DLC will introduce a dedicated ‘Copa Santander Libertadores 2012’ game mode, with all the 38 teams, rosters and the official ball for the 2012 competition brought fully up to date.

Similarly, selected parts of the game have been refined for a more fluid in-game experience.

Doubt it'll make the game any better, but whatever.

Sorry for the thread bump but I remember in PS2 days there were these memory files that would change names of most/all players to official ones.

So I wonder if there is something similar possible today as well? And if yes do you guys use it/recommend it?
Using PS3 here

Top Bottom