• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2012 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| LONG LIVE THE KING.

Heavy said:
Holy crap, just played the demo and it's awesome. It plays better than FIFA. Why is there no graphics settings? wtf? You can't even change the resolution... I hope this is a demo-only thing.

The resolution settings are in a separate exe (settings.exe) that is present in the installed folder.

Usually, there is a LOD fix that is released by the modding community that works very well.

Spat_triate

If your game is experiencing weird slowdowns followed by a few secs of lightning fast speed ups, go to your settings.exe in the PES root folder and make sure you uncheck Frame Skipping like so:

e9fe7c9cc6f658c41471c38032ed3893296fca99.JPG

whatsinaname said:
The resolution settings are in a separate exe (settings.exe) that is present in the installed folder.

Usually, there is a LOD fix that is released by the modding community that works very well.
The settings.exe worked great, thanks.

Now all I need is a way to skip that 5+ min long intro video... wtf? Nothing works. I tried pressing all the keyboard keys, mouse buttons, controller buttons...

Heavy said:
The settings.exe worked great, thanks.

Now all I need is a way to skip that 5+ min long intro video... wtf? Nothing works. I tried pressing all the keyboard keys, mouse buttons, controller buttons...

pes12ci.sfd
pes12pv.sfd

Find those files in the img folder in your install path. Rename/delete those. No more intro video.

Huh? you press x and it skips the intro movie.

Game is VERY good. Big improvement on 2011, which itself was a moderate improvement on 2010.

The fluidity is amazing, the off-the-ball controls are great.

Best PES since... well, a long time.

Thrakier

Dash Kappei said:
Triple buffering fixes the inherent lag introduced by v-sync on 3D games. Use DR3D overrider with TB on, v-.sync on in D3DO and off in-game (don't have it on in both, again leave it off in-game).
•If you have stuttering, you need to check if you're really running the game at 60hz and not 59Hz.
•If you have slowdowns (it's different, and before you said stuttering but above you say slowdowns) then it's sure to be the 2D clock bug and again it's fixable the way I told you (there's also a permament solution in having your card always and only run with the 3D clock but I wouldn't advice that). On AMD/Ati cards (like mine) it doesn't happen only with pes, but also with Fifa (at least till last year's version) for example (and some other "light" games).
Tl/dr just run some not-too-heavy 3D engine demo like the one in the old catalyst where you could see AA/AF and so on in action: leave it going in loop on the background, launch PES full screen and the card's gonna stay in 3D clock and the game be smooth as butter.

It's stuttering and my monitor is set to 60hz. If you mean that. Game is running @60FPS as well. When stuttering occurs it may drop some frames but it definitly doesn't feel like slowdown.

I only got slowdowns when V-Sync is OFF! Weird enough...V-Sync off means slowdown and tearing. Only option which makes the game always smooth is D3D Overrider. It worked before without it, but it's kinda random. The 2D clocked is supposedly fixed in the HD 6xxx series, so that's not it.

Thrakier said:
It's stuttering and my monitor is set to 60hz. If you mean that. Game is running @60FPS as well. When stuttering occurs it may drop some frames but it definitly doesn't feel like slowdown.

I only got slowdowns when V-Sync is OFF! Weird enough...V-Sync off means slowdown and tearing. Only option which makes the game always smooth is D3D Overrider. It worked before without it, but it's kinda random. The 2D clocked is supposedly fixed in the HD 6xxx series, so that's not it.

Some people on other forums have had luck with running PES2012.exe under high priority. Have you tried that?

Thrakier

whatsinaname said:
Some people on other forums have had luck with running PES2012.exe under high priority. Have you tried that?

Yes, doesn't help. Only D3D Overrider helps. But when my cutscenes are running with 30FPS ebcause...I don't know why.

Thrakier said:
Yes, doesn't help. Only D3D Overrider helps. But when my cutscenes are running with 30FPS ebcause...I don't know why.

Last suggestion from my side, have you tried the ATI drivers released for RAGE?

I think some of the files that ATI were releasing as part of Catalyst were older binaries and it exacerbated the problems in RAGE. Supposedly the fixed drivers don't have this issue.

My only gripe (at least for the demo) is that the atmosphere isn't as exciting as FIFA's. The crowd noise seems low quality and low volume. The FIFA 12 crowd and atmosphere is more lively.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Heavy said:
My only gripe (at least for the demo) is that the atmosphere isn't as exciting as FIFA's. The crowd noise seems low quality and low volume. The FIFA 12 crowd and atmosphere is more lively.

I think both games this year do different things well. FIFA feels more fluid, it feels like the ball is really in play and not just glued to people's feet, then there is the superior presentation, atmosphere, selection of game modes and more realistic defending system.

PES however has player AI that is vastly superior, players make sensible runs off the ball, your control options on set plays are much better, and the player likenesses for the big teams are generally much more accurate. If you could combine them both you'd have a fantastic football game, as it is they both have their flaws.

Has anyone tried playing Master League yet? I've been playing single matches exclusively thus far. The game feels a lot easier to score in than PES11.

spwolf

PES EDIT 1.3 Patch

New Features:

Updated to KONAMI DLC 1.0 including all new features of it (TRANSFERS, kits, boots): DLC is included, you do NOT need to download it ingame;
New kits: Almeria, Celta, Girona, Hercules, Murcia + DLC new kits
New teams: APOEL, BATE, Viktoria Plzen
New scoreboard selector (8 scoreboards available)
New generic stadiums (big thanks to KLASHMAN69 & HAMMERSANDY for their pack) + assigned to all teams of EPL, Ligue 1, Serie A, La Liga, Adelante,
Bundesliga, 2. Bundesliga + correct stadium names for each team of those
Improved 2nd division switch

http://pes2008editing.blogspot.com/2011/10/peseditcom-2012-patch-13-coming-soon.html

Obviously everyone on PC knows of PES EDIT Patch, but if you dont, then get it... now.

Thrakier said:
This game is really something. Best PES ever and therefore the best Soccer game ever made.

I download both the PS3's Fifa 12 and PES 12 demo and must say the graphic on fifa looks so much better but the game play of PES 12 is miles ahead of fifa and its feels very natural and realistic and the demo is very addictive even though it takes 10 years to get past the intro. I must say PES12 remind me alot of PES 4 which was release back in 2006 and its my most played ps2 game of all time.

Thrakier

sleeping_dragon said:
I download both the PS3's Fifa 12 and PES 12 demo and must say the graphic on fifa looks so much better but the game play of PES 12 is miles ahead of fifa and its feels very natural and realistic and the demo is very addictive even though it takes 10 years to get past the intro. I must say PES12 remind me alot of PES 4 which was release back in 2006 and its my most played ps2 game of all time.

It get's even better over time. The game looks a bit blurry though, the actual character models imo look tons better than what we seei n fifa. In Fifa everything looks kinda zombified. It isn't as natural even when PES has more graphical shortcomings like aliasing etc.

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
sleeping_dragon said:

Fifa 12 has better animations, but I prefer the PES2012 graphic.

Look the FC Inter players, Pes has more accuracy:

Fifa12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHC-WA4fImM

Pes12 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWGD37w5JNM

and so on for other teams.

Ordered mine from Amazon.uk on the 27th August. Estimate ship date was today so guess nothing has changed as it's still saying the same. Meh was hoping to have it before release day or on release.

Guess that's what you get for free super saver dleivery.

feel

The feel of the game seems very improved from the last demo, but the brain dead defensive AI is still bringing it all down with last defensive lines way back inside their box, sidebacks always retardedly putting opposing strikers onside in front of goal, defenders worrying more about their marks than the imminent danger to their goal, constantly moving away from the ball leaving glaring gaps... sigh so frustrating seeing konami fuck up aspects of the game just when they're finally nailing others.

Kingsora

Would rather have no penis than have to show his to a medical professional
So how do I make my own competition with my own teams (I want to make the Belgium leaque). Or is their a website were I can download things like that for the game? Some kind of mods I guess.

PaulLFC

Anyone have the game on PC? If you do, I've created a community where we can all join and play matches against each other. Just choose online community, then Join community and search for NeoGAF.

Quote this post to see the community password, which is:

hertog

I can't use original players in the master league modus! WTF!

How an I play a normal season with transfers with current Ajax :(

Arnie

Are there any option files for this yet, like all the proper kits and such?

Housemate just bought it, can't wait to get home and give it a whirl.

PaulLFC

hertog said:
I can't use original players in the master league modus! WTF!

How an I play a normal season with transfers with current Ajax :(
I think there's an option to purchase it in "Extra Content" for either 100 or 600 GP (you earn 10GP I think for every win).

The quit prevention system is silly - it would be fantastic if it worked correctly, but IMO it doesn't right now. I can play game after game on FIFA 12 fine, lag free. But on PES, two games in a row I've been forcibly disconnected by the game, with no warning or anything I could do to stop it, because "network stability has significantly worsened" - on the second game, there wasn't even any visible lag, so I don't know why I was disconnected.

This wouldn't be so bad, but you then get a message that you need a 70% match completion rate over 10 games or you'll have various restrictions applied online. This again would be fine, but apparently these forced disconnects count as me quitting a game, despite the fact I couldn't do anything to prevent the game booting me to the menu.

So now, I have to hope that 7 of my next 8 games manage to avoid these silly forced disconnects, or I'll basically be branded a cheater. Since the game has logic that decides when the network is too unstable, and kicks users, then why couldn't they implement a check that says "if forcibly disconnected by the game due to network, don't alter DNF percentage. If disconnected any other way, alter DNF percentage." That would have made more sense.

hertog

PaulLFC said:
I think there's an option to purchase it in "Extra Content" for either 100 or 600 GP (you earn 10GP I think for every win).

The quit prevention system is silly - it would be fantastic if it worked correctly, but IMO it doesn't right now. I can play game after game on FIFA 12 fine, lag free. But on PES, two games in a row I've been forcibly disconnected by the game, with no warning or anything I could do to stop it, because "network stability has significantly worsened" - on the second game, there wasn't even any visible lag, so I don't know why I was disconnected.

This wouldn't be so bad, but you then get a message that you need a 70% match completion rate over 10 games or you'll have various restrictions applied online. This again would be fine, but apparently these forced disconnects count as me quitting a game, despite the fact I couldn't do anything to prevent the game booting me to the menu.

So now, I have to hope that 7 of my next 8 games manage to avoid these silly forced disconnects, or I'll basically be branded a cheater. Since the game has logic that decides when the network is too unstable, and kicks users, then why couldn't they implement a check that says "if forcibly disconnected by the game due to network, don't alter DNF percentage. If disconnected any other way, alter DNF percentage." That would have made more sense.

Thanks a lot is 100 points. I'll get there tonight destroying PSV over and over again :)

I'm renting the game. Get to keep it for as long as I want for £4 a month. Will test it out first and if I like it, I'll purchase it as I'll be playing throughout the year.

Datschge

Is there anything in HD PES for which one could use a CC? If not Konami should advertise that as an advantage compared to FIFA. =P

I just had an unbelievable online match.

He scores first but I make a quick reply and then another to lead 2-1 in the first half. Midway through the second half, I score a succulent curler on the turn to lead 3-1 and I'm comfortable. Or so I thought. He then forces an own goal from me and now I'm worried. But I'm sprinting on the wing and cross in perfectly and somehow head it over the bar even though I could have taken a touch and bring it down. Then he's on the attack shortly after and I foul him. 35 yards out, he smashes the FK into the net.

Oh my god. What's going on?

I then start to dominate having several chances, one where he makes an unbelievable save from a power shot 10 yards out headed towards the top corner. But I find relief and score on the 90th minute. 4-3!

But it isn't over yet lol. From kick off, he dribbles through my midfield and defence, my heart stops, he shoots and somehow the goalie saves. And then saves the immediate rebound, and then the rebound after that blocked my the last defender.

spwolf

Meus Renaissance said:
I just had an unbelievable online match.

He scores first but I make a quick reply and then another to lead 2-1 in the first half. Midway through the second half, I score a succulent curler on the turn to lead 3-1 and I'm comfortable. Or so I thought. He then forces an own goal from me and now I'm worried. But I'm sprinting on the wing and cross in perfectly and somehow head it over the bar even though I could have taken a touch and bring it down. Then he's on the attack shortly after and I foul him. 35 yards out, he smashes the FK into the net.

Oh my god. What's going on?

I then start to dominate having several chances, one where he makes an unbelievable save from a power shot 10 yards out headed towards the top corner. But I find relief and score on the 90th minute. 4-3!

But it isn't over yet lol. From kick off, he dribbles through my midfield and defence, my heart stops, he shoots and somehow the goalie saves. And then saves the immediate rebound, and then the rebound after that blocked my the last defender.

its classic football :)

So, for people with the game on PC, can I ask what patches or mods you are using?

I'm looking for a patch to update the teams, kits etc.

Do most people just download the PESEdit patch and go from there?

I'm a member of the evoweb forums but they don't seem to support the pesedit patch.

MPW

FIFA 12 is outselling PES2012 a massive 25/1 in the UK market which is a remarkable turnaround considering that PES outsold FIFA in the UK just 5 years ago.

lets sell pes 2 weeks after fifa is released! brilliant idea guys!

waicol

Banned
Hank Scorpio said:
So, for people with the game on PC, can I ask what patches or mods you are using?

I'm looking for a patch to update the teams, kits etc.

Do most people just download the PESEdit patch and go from there?

I'm a member of the evoweb forums but they don't seem to support the pesedit patch.
Maybe because evo has a lot of patches going on in the edit section, great quality stuff. Also pesedit focus alot on Bundesliga and that leaves other leagues with little updates (see English 2nd div).
I think the way to go is getting the pesedit patch on it's best release before winter, with all transfers etc, and then just mod the game as anyway you want.

Pachimari

So I just received the PS3 review copy and I absolutely loved both demoes, but is it me, or does the final version's graphics look worse (less sharp, more jaggies) than the latest demo?

Edit: by the way, isn't it possible to play Football Life with the default players of a squad and not with the Ordaz's of this world?

cozo

this game is very good, with one caveat: the patch kinda ruins the game so I've disapplied it by clearing my cache.

all is gravy except I can't play online, be on XBL etc while playing the pre-patch version unfortunately

Thrakier

I got a problem with the sound effects in the PC version: Seems like all shooting and passing sounds or when the ball hits the post are just a tad too late. Like you see a bit of the animation and then the soundeffect kicks in. I don#t have that problem with the PS3 version (same setup). Is it just my imagination? I can't find any lag issue with my PC system. It's connected via HDMI.

CozMick

Banned
I can't find the Europa League, WHERE IS THE EUROPA LEAGUE!?

I want to play as my beloved "The Potteries"

thanks

CozMick said:
I can't find the Europa League, WHERE IS THE EUROPA LEAGUE!?

I want to play as my beloved "The Potteries"

thanks

You can't do it on its own like the Champions League or Copa Libertadores unfortunately. Only if you qualify for it during the Master League.

Thrakier

MPW said:
FIFA 12 is outselling PES2012 a massive 25/1 in the UK market which is a remarkable turnaround considering that PES outsold FIFA in the UK just 5 years ago.

lets sell pes 2 weeks after fifa is released! brilliant idea guys!

That's just sick.

Meadows

Banned
God the original ML team is shite. Still, I like the youth system, and I got Utaka pretty cheap and he isn't half bad.

Meadows

Banned
Could anyone hook me up with an option file and a tutorial on how to get it on my PS3? I'm woefully terrible at this kind of stuff and could do with a hand!

edit: never mind, sorted, if anyone needs a hand PM me.

Thrakier

Thrakier said:
I got a problem with the sound effects in the PC version: Seems like all shooting and passing sounds or when the ball hits the post are just a tad too late. Like you see a bit of the animation and then the soundeffect kicks in. I don#t have that problem with the PS3 version (same setup). Is it just my imagination? I can't find any lag issue with my PC system. It's connected via HDMI.

Anyone?

Also: The whole PC version feels a bit delayed and slow compared to the PS3 version...it's running @60FPS though...

Top Bottom