• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Via scout, you get them permanently, but you have to pay to renew their contracts (every 10 games).

Via loan, you get them for a period of time, no renewal possible.

The other key aspect is to have a high team spirit (players must play in their original position, keep the same players playing together, players and coach should 'agree in playing styles' and more importantly have a coach that is good enough for the players you have). I had a great team but a shit coach, team spirit was in 5 (yes), hired a better one, went to 55, played few matches and adjusted some players and now I am on 85.

Interesting, thanks!

ChanMan

I'm only about five games it but I'm loving this so far, a definite improvement on last year.

A couple of minor niggles though, why did they feel the need to change the trajectory marker for free kicks and corners? Really hard to tell how much spin you're applying now and as a result, being accurate is much harder.

Also, why did they feel the need to change the colours of the players' condition in the game plan screen Since back in the day it's been red for top condition, then orange, green, blue, then white for lowest. Now that order is reversed. As I said, a very minor complaint but it's still messing with my brain every time I see it.

You can change the free kick marker so that it isn't that way.

Option file questions:

1. If I were to delete all image files I currently have and reinstall with a different option file, will that potentially fuck everything up (e.g. kits being allocated to wrong teams etc.)?

2. How do you choose which kits you want to be lower or higher res ones?

Siegmeyer

You can change the free kick marker so that it isn't that way.

How? The only option I can find is changing whether holding left bends to the left or right and vice versa, nothing to change the actual trajectory marker back to how it was last year.

Fixable or not, it was a wholly unnecessary change .

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
This feels so weird.

Preferring PES to FIFA. Haven't felt like this since the PS2 days

My mates won't even give the game a go though, the tossers.

GHG

Gold Member
This feels so weird.

Preferring PES to FIFA. Haven't felt like this since the PS2 days

My mates won't even give the game a go though, the tossers.

Same here. This is the biggest problem, other people being unwilling to change from the FIFA formula.

And what makes it worse is the fact that I have to stoop to their level every year and buy FIFA as well. The only good thing about it is the fact that playing PES makes FIFA so much easier.

Lashley

Same here. This is the biggest problem, other people being unwilling to change from the FIFA formula.

And what makes it worse is the fact that I have to stoop to their level every year and buy FIFA as well. The only good thing about it is the fact that playing PES makes FIFA so much easier.

Aye, I've had to get it for Pro Clubs

Logsi

It's strange though, when people switched from the PES golden days to Fifa it was fine but now switching back is off the cards...

Has FUT addiction ruined it?

abbyabs

I think its combination FUT addiction and FIFA players find PES hard, FIFA seems to make things easier when i play it feels like the game is doing half the work for you.

Got the game and got the usb flash drive to bring over some authenticity to the game, but watching these tutorials is confusing as fuck... I have no idea if I am doing this right. The video on the PES site is not easy to follow. Anybody on the PS4 have good directions for importing kits, badges, names etc.??????

Il Comodino

sorry about his english
I think that the problem is about online play.

In 2016 many people want to play online, Pes offline and online are 2 different game, online game it's very bad, Fifa is very good.

This is my problem with Pes, I prefer to play online and i prefer fifa... maybe if I used to play only off line, Pes could be my choice.

mauaus

managed to tie against barcelona on superstar on my ML, they scored a cheap goal and i couldnt convert all my chances :(

Cappa

Banned
In reading what you guys are saying about the online it´s very disappointing. Im strictly an online player so to see that online with PES is underwhelming I might have to pass :( I really wanted to give it a shot this year too

Siegmeyer

Got the game and got the usb flash drive to bring over some authenticity to the game, but watching these tutorials is confusing as fuck... I have no idea if I am doing this right. The video on the PES site is not easy to follow. Anybody on the PS4 have good directions for importing kits, badges, names etc.??????

I used a vid posted earlier in the thread and had no problems, and I'm awful at computers.

Think it was this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktefr0Si9UM

Bumhead

Banned
It's strange though, when people switched from the PES golden days to Fifa it was fine but now switching back is off the cards...

Has FUT addiction ruined it?

Combination of things.

- Licensing, and people being used to that to the point where they don't want to go back to not having it. Even Option Files are a perceived unnecessary effort
- The rise of, importance and mainstream popularity of online modes and play, which EA have done well to embrace
- The rise of, importance and mainstream popularity of streaming doing EA a LOT of favours with FUT
- FUT itself, helped by streaming culture, becoming a part of modern football culture beyond just videogames
- Seasons, Pro Clubs and FUT creating a social investment that makes FIFA the defacto football game for the mainstream

I think PES 2017 might be the best football game I've ever played, and personally I find FIFA's lack of progression over the last few years frustrating, but from a business perspective EA have handled FIFA absolutely perfectly. The gaming landscape has changed immeasurably since PES was last routinely the better game, and EA have both embraced and provided a better game throughout the bulk of that change. They've been very astute in fostering brand loyalty and in embracing modes that people won't leave behind as groups, not just individually.

I don't think FIFA has ever been a better game than PES at its PS2 heights, but PES has also never been as popular as FIFA is now - not just within videogame terms either. From a business perspective EA have effectively killed off PES and that "switch" that we experienced in the mid-2000's wont ever happen again, in my view.

Option file questions:

1. If I were to delete all image files I currently have and reinstall with a different option file, will that potentially fuck everything up (e.g. kits being allocated to wrong teams etc.)?

2. How do you choose which kits you want to be lower or higher res ones?

Rather than deleting all images, just delete your edit file from the PS4 and start again. Much simpler and quicker. Just remember to install the official squad update before doing any editing.

Can't answer your second question, sorry.

Hope no one minds me sharing my UCL series on Superstar :D

Our first PES 2017 series is underway with 5 times European champions Barcelona hosting 5000/1 Premier League winners Leicester City on Match day 1 of the Champions league on Superstar difficulty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dbUlU7DvKg

Then Barcelona hit the road on Match Day 2 as they take on Zagreb on Croatian soil. Can the Catalan Giants secure their first win of the competition?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jl1rSKZnBiM

Any feedback is appreciated.

Double D

So I did the whole OF thing a few days ago. Everything worked great. I saw last night that there's a new squad update. Can I apply these updates from now on will they screw with my existing OF?

mauaus

So I did the whole OF thing a few days ago. Everything worked great. I saw last night that there's a new squad update. Can I apply these updates from now on will they screw with my existing OF?

Im im not mistaken you would have to redo only the created teams/leagues. In my case it was BL only

Double D

Ok, so I would just use the same existing OF file I have then? Just do the squad update, then go back in and redo the Bundesliga, etc? Just wondering if I would have to go get like an updated OF file that corresponds with the squad update.

In reading what you guys are saying about the online it´s very disappointing. Im strictly an online player so to see that online with PES is underwhelming I might have to pass :( I really wanted to give it a shot this year too

Same. I'm in the same boat, and if things are improved with the 2v2 patch, I'm a definite pass, sadly.

RAIDEN1

Is there a comprehensive guide available to get all the premier league. Serie A, and La Liga teams sorted out for this game on PS4?

And the Bundesliga!

mauaus

Ok, so I would just use the same existing OF file I have then? Just do the squad update, then go back in and redo the Bundesliga, etc? Just wondering if I would have to go get like an updated OF file that corresponds with the squad update.

Dont delete anything, just apply the update then redo BL (I used Pesuniverse)

longdi

Banned
Bump this thread.

Tried the demo on PS4 and wow it is great!

Immediately noticed the improvements from last year. The weight distribution of the players and the ball are clearly better. Players no longer 'ice-skate' around the pitch and they dont contact one another like polygons. The ball physics feels real enough with no sudden 'gravity pull'. Plays flows very smoothly, from back to front and the battle in the box, like the old days!

Though the game is being upscaled to 1080p.

The return of the king? Seems like it!

I have yet to play the Fifa17 demo, but last year demo came with the same faults, scripted passing, floaty controls, constraint pitch size.

Sucks that PC PES17 is the retard version.

axb2013

Sucks that PC PES17 is the retard version.

It's bad. I've never expected them to go all out on PC but it's 2016, expecting the equivalent of console IQ is reasonable. I've preferred PES to FIFA for a long time but this year I'm going with FIFA.

longdi

Banned
Tbh, i dont know the details of PC PES17, but i guess the engine is last year. If its only the graphics, i dont mind frankly. Anyone care to tell us how retarded is PC PES17?

Btw i saw Fifa17 games on YT, yesh, game looks terrible! Last Fifa i owned was 2015 and i got sicked of how stagnant EA has become. The PS3/360 era Fifas were massively improved.

Fifa17 players seems to move around even more weightlessly and you cant string a passing play with how everything is still so constraint.

How strange things turn around these days...Fifa17 seems to go back to old Fifa where you arcadey pinball your way through games, while PES17 seems to get back into the passing game...

About the limited number of kits available, probably the way the game is encouraging you to proceed is to use one hires slot for the first kit of each team you edit, and 2-3 lowres ones for the second-third-goalkeeper. In this way one should be able to fully edit around 350 teams, which should be more than enough to cover any unlicensed team present in the game, european and not european alike, nationals included.

Lashley

Tbh, i dont know the details of PC PES17, but i guess the engine is last year. If its only the graphics, i dont mind frankly. Anyone care to tell us how retarded is PC PES17?

Btw i saw Fifa17 games on YT, yesh, game looks terrible! Last Fifa i owned was 2015 and i got sicked of how stagnant EA has become. The PS3/360 era Fifas were massively improved.

Fifa17 players seems to move around even more weightlessly and you cant string a passing play with how everything is still so constraint.

How strange things turn around these days...Fifa17 seems to go back to old Fifa where you arcadey pinball your way through games, while PES17 seems to get back into the passing game...

the graphics are slightly nerfed. Which is easily improved upon with sweetfx.

Mojoraisin

Offline this game is just amazing. Plays so close to the real thing and a LOT of fun. Online has been very laggy but only tried two games. Hope patch can help.

RulkezX

I think its combination FUT addiction and FIFA players find PES hard, FIFA seems to make things easier when i play it feels like the game is doing half the work for you.

Or......people mostly play sports games online and PES is awful in that regard.

LAM09

Or......people mostly play sports games online and PES is awful in that regard.

Why does this keep getting branded around?

Have you played 15 or 16?

There are always hiccups for the first few weeks in that regard, but gets better (from an EU perspective) down the line.

SRV

The refs are pathetic and it's really affecting my enjoyment. Two times I've been scissor kicked and brought down by a defender in the box and nothing, yet I've barely touched the AI and conceded multiple fouls.

Such a good game otherwise, I really hope it can be sorted in an update.

longdi

Banned
the graphics are slightly nerfed. Which is easily improved upon with sweetfx.

Tried the steam demo. Loading and navigating menus are way faster than PS4.

But nope nope nope.
It is stuck at 1080p, even with a 980Ti and 5960X, it is stuttering like crazy.
The pace of the game seems faster and the weight distribution seems all gone.
Nope. FU Konami.

Lashley

But nope nope nope.
Nope. FU Konami.
Gameplays a copy and paste from PS4, which makes the lack of graphical options even stranger
Any updated PC option files available?

PESGalaxy

But nope nope nope.
Nope. FU Konami.

I'm running it on a 980TI with no hiccups at all, check your background processes.

RulkezX

Why does this keep getting branded around?

Have you played 15 or 16?

There are always hiccups for the first few weeks in that regard, but gets better (from an EU perspective) down the line.

It gets slightly better , but nowhere near acceptable when your main competitor has a more robust online suite that works from day 1

Or a combination of all three

PES isn't hard. I know fans of underdog games like to tell themselves they like these the smaller games because they are too hard or whatever for the masses, but PES isn't hard , certainly no harder than any other sports game.

LAM09

It gets slightly better , but nowhere near acceptable when your main competitor has a more robust online suite that works from day 1

They allow people to try the game out weeks before release to make sure all is well on day
one. However, FIFA have had issues in past at release.

Konami should be offering people the chance to beta test online, but they're stuck in the past.

jrmanimal

Is there a way to put crosses on manual or advanced or is it tied to pass? It's pretty OP and I'm constantly scoring from crosses...only once I saw the opposition really working to avoid my crosses, which was my last game...so I hope they keep doing that.

Other problem I have with the game is the advantage. My player was tackled passing the ball to the striker, the refeeree gave advantage but my player was offside...so he gave yellow card to the guy who made the foul but gave no foul, only the offside. I had other few problems with it.

Those are my major complains for now. Brazilian narration is really thin too...I started playing without narration after nine or ten matches.

Is the German narration still by Wolf FuB and Hansi Kupper?
It was for me the reason to cross the border and buy a German version of PES instead of the Dutch version, which only had English commentary during the PS3 days (PS2 PES always had multiple commentary languages in the Dutch version).

I love that German commentary!

heringer

PES isn't hard. I know fans of underdog games like to tell themselves they like these the smaller games because they are too hard or whatever for the masses, but PES isn't hard , certainly no harder than any other sports game.

It's definitely harder to master, given the wealth of tactical options that FIFA simply lacks.

RulkezX

It's definitely harder to master, given the wealth of tactical options that FIFA simply lacks.

Sure the tactical options dwarf those on offer in FIFA, I still believe that PES fans suffer from Souls Syndrome. The game at is base is football , it's really not difficult at all.

Honestly "FIFA fans don't like PES because it's too hard" is an embarrassing excuse. They don't like it because it's a AAA sport presented in a C tier fashion and with dated online.

Ivan

I just can't believe they can't make finding the opponent online faster as a whole.

Not the searching itself, but you simply need to wait for way too long for all the menu trsnsisltions, network testing bullshit etc.

It's just unbearable.

Top Bottom