• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

Citizen K

I really enjoyed 16 but as with all football games the more i played the more little annoyances i notice.

Anyway i used to get so annoyed by the little shove my player would get and then I'd be 'locked' out of control ie he'd be in a 'stumble' animation and i can't do anything while the AI just runs off with the ball. Never happens to the AI either. Does this still happen?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I really enjoyed 16 but as with all football games the more i played the more little annoyances i notice.

Anyway i used to get so annoyed by the little shove my player would get and then I'd be 'locked' out of control ie he'd be in a 'stumble' animation and i can't do anything while the AI just runs off with the ball. Never happens to the AI either. Does this still happen?

Sure they removed that

Altairre

The game is so good. I've been playing pretty much nothing but this since it came out. Been a while since I was that into a PES game.

PaulLFC

I haven't seen it at all this year.

catilio

It does. Not all the time, but it happens.

It sucks...but is not very annoying. At least on my playthrough

So what is recommended to get the whole package for this game?

Kits?
Badges?
Team Names?

What else? Where is the best place to get this total package.

BSherrod

Does PES still do the like player specific animations like how they run and shoot and stuff? I remember buying PES in 2013 back on 360 and really liking that.

GHG

Gold Member
Champions league agents are up.

Limited to one free spin for the better agent (gold and black balls only) and unlimited for the lower tier one (mostly silver balls).

Looks like they've made it much more difficult to get black ball players this time round.

PaulLFC

Finally updated my game last night to as close to fully licensed as I can realistically get it. I ended up using the WeHK OF from PESGaming as it seems to have the most licensed teams - imported PL, Championship, La Liga, Liga 123, Liga NOS, Bundesliga, Serie B and national teams along with a few 'Other European' teams (Celtic, Ludogorets, Rostov, Copenhagen, couple of others I forget and correct names for the European Classics).

I eventually ran out of kit space so had to drop quite a few teams down to low res kits by deleting the high res images - by the end I could only really fit PL, Championship along with Juventus, Bayern and Real as high res kits. Really hope Konami remove that limit next year, or at the very least increase it by a large amount.

May wait a couple of days as Cristiano has said more Europa/CL unlicensed teams will be completed by the weekend in the DFL OF.

Champions league agents are up.

Limited to one free spin for the better agent (gold and black balls only) and unlimited for the lower tier one (mostly silver balls).

Looks like they've made it much more difficult to get black ball players this time round.
Is it still 10,000GP per spin this year? I assume the lower probability of best players is to push the auction house, but considering a single agent is going for 100,000GP+, it isn't worth it.

UrbanRats

How come when i try to play 2 players coop with an edited team, one of my accounts says it's not eligible to use edited material? But my main account can without problem.
What kind of account do i need to use edited teams?

GHG

Gold Member
Finally updated my game last night to as close to fully licensed as I can realistically get it. I ended up using the WeHK OF from PESGaming as it seems to have the most licensed teams - imported PL, Championship, La Liga, Liga 123, Liga NOS, Bundesliga, Serie B and national teams along with a few 'Other European' teams (Celtic, Ludogorets, Rostov, Copenhagen, couple of others I forget and correct names for the European Classics).

I eventually ran out of kit space so had to drop quite a few teams down to low res kits by deleting the high res images - by the end I could only really fit PL, Championship along with Juventus, Bayern and Real as high res kits. Really hope Konami remove that limit next year, or at the very least increase it by a large amount.

May wait a couple of days as Cristiano has said more Europa/CL unlicensed teams will be completed by the weekend in the DFL OF.

Is it still 10,000GP per spin this year? I assume the lower probability of best players is to push the auction house, but considering a single agent is going for 100,000GP+, it isn't worth it.

Yep still 10k/250 coins a spin.

The auction house is a bit of a joke to be honest. I don't understand how some people have so much gp already.

Okada

How come when i try to play 2 players coop with an edited team, one of my accounts says it's not eligible to use edited material? But my main account can without problem.
What kind of account do i need to use edited teams?

Does your second account have a PSN account attached to it? Attaching one to my second account was the only way I was able to make it work.

PaulLFC

Yep still 10k/250 coins a spin.

The auction house is a bit of a joke to be honest. I don't understand how some people have so much gp already.
Cheers - basically zero reason for me to use the auction house then, unless I end up getting 2 of 3 scouts needed for a specific player and the prices stabilise a bit with the lower cost of special agents.

Shari

Does anyone play this on PC? Do you recommend it? Aside from tech shame is there anything missing compared to current gen consoles?

I need a game for this weekend until FH3 and Fifa hit and I'm considering this even tho Konami is shit with Pc players.

Lashley

Does anyone play this on PC? Do you recommend it? Aside from tech shame is there anything missing compared to current gen consoles?

I need a game for this weekend until FH3 and Fifa hit and I'm considering this even tho Konami is shit with Pc players.

Yes and yes.

Graphics are inferior, gameplay's the same.

With SweetFX I have the game looking lovely atm.

UrbanRats

Does your second account have a PSN account attached to it? Attaching one to my second account was the only way I was able to make it work.

Oh i see, thanks i'll try that.
For a moment i was worried it had to do with having PS+ (even though i'm trying to play offline).

mauaus

I need a better CF, bought Martial on my ML (Superstar) using Valencia CF and he cant even score on a 1 v 1... all my other players have bagged at least 1 goal (Fwds, Wingers and MF)

Bumhead

Banned
Is there a good Rangers floating about in any of these OF's?

Tempted to start my Master League as Rangers. I have a bit of a history of having Rangers and Celtic with the rest of the English leagues dating back to the old school PES games, and tempted to stick both in The Championship. It's my last real throwback link to old school Master League since they added proper second divisions.

Kazooie

Banned
Opened 8 UEFA CL Star agents and also bought Luis Enrique with myClub points.

Got Cladio Bravo in my one black ball which is amazing since I'm a City fan and I didn't think I'd ever get him unless I stacked agents. Got Alvaro Morata and Harry Kane and the other 5 were silver players.

I haven't seen it at all this year.

I've had that. Its seems the ref doesn't penalise the CPU for those annoying clips on the heel that make you stumble and loss control of the ball.

I'm finding this pretty tough going in my Master League. My Leeds are so unfit that I keep conceding late goals, and I'm struggling to score when I'm on top. Still haven't found the right tactics for the players I have, kinda like Jose at United.

What is the best place to go for files to complete my game on the PS4?

I want it to have as many names, teams, badges, kits and everything else correct as possible. Also, do you have to manually keep updating the files with the thumbdrive as they are released to keep everything up to date?

ChanMan

Is there a good Rangers floating about in any of these OF's?

Tempted to start my Master League as Rangers. I have a bit of a history of having Rangers and Celtic with the rest of the English leagues dating back to the old school PES games, and tempted to stick both in The Championship. It's my last real throwback link to old school Master League since they added proper second divisions.

Check this thread mate:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100715

GHG

Gold Member
I need a better CF, bought Martial on my ML (Superstar) using Valencia CF and he cant even score on a 1 v 1... all my other players have bagged at least 1 goal (Fwds, Wingers and MF)

I've got Martial in the ML and he's banging in the goals for me as the left sided striker cutting in on his right foot. You need to use the controlled shot and time it correctly rather than going for power.

If you want alternatives that won't cost too much look at Welbeck and Gabriel.

jrmanimal

2 games with Sunderland
4 games with Corinthians
5 games with Stoke

NOT. A. SINGLE. WIN. (Superstar)

Now I'm commited with the league playing with Stoke and the schedule is brutal for the start of the season: Chelsea, Everton, Leicester, Manchester City. I lost to Chelsea(1-3), Leicester(0-2) and City(0-1) and had an awesome 0-0 against Everton...one of the best 0-0 I ever had in a video game, so much fun. Then I played against West Brom and opened 2-0, but then Rondon scored five minutes after my second goal and then I managed to score an own goal :(

Stoke team is super fun with Arnautovic, Shaqiri, Bojan and Bony up front, but I'm having a lot of problems creating clear chances and I'm trying to avoid going for the cross every single attack. Glen Johnson and Welsh Pirlo Joe Allen are super good too.

I really want to win a damn game!

catilio

I really liked how you need to adjust your tactics for EVERY game. You cannot just use the same formation and the same way to attack/defend.

This means that your team spirit will go up and down, depending on how well your players can adjust themselves to the scheme.

Currently playing ML on Chile league, with the current Champion, Universidad Católica. Ended up first half of the season in 13th place, wining one or two games, loosing most of them. It's annoying and stressful to loose a player due to injury, when said player add up to the team spirit 5 or 10 points.

It's weird how loosing so much can be so much fun

ty_hot

I played a Europa Liga just to get the trophy, started with Borussia Dortmund. 11 points in the first 5 games, then ai lost against CSKA. Won two times against Milan.. Then I faces Leicester. Got 60%+ possession and only 2 or 3 shots conceded per match (and I shot 10 15+)

I dont follow the Premier League too much, but if I recall they won it playing defensively and quick and precise in the counters. Oh boy, those were two terrifying games.

First half, 3x0 Leicester. 2x Vardy. I still had 60% possession, but couldn't create any chance (tried 3 shots from far, missed by far as well lol). Second half I changed the formation, played better, almost scored a lot of times. Finally scored one at 88 and almost another one right after... In the counter Vardy again. 4x1. Fuck.

Second game, scored before the 20 mark, was playing fine... Suddenly, Vardy again, and then another one in the second half (Vardy assist).

I was destroyed, can't remember a single time the COM did this to me, it just never happened. The funny thing is: I want to play more because I was "outsmarted", I didnt prepare the team well and I lost, just like real life. In other PES I would probably few like the game cheated on me. In this? No, its all my fault.

I love this game.

Lashley

I played a Europa Liga just to get the trophy, started with Borussia Dortmund. 11 points in the first 5 games, then ai lost against CSKA. Won two times against Milan.. Then I faces Leicester. Got 60%+ possession and only 2 or 3 shots conceded per match (and I shot 10 15+)

I dont follow the Premier League too much, but if I recall they won it playing defensively and quick and precise in the counters. Oh boy, those were two terrifying games.

First half, 3x0 Leicester. 2x Vardy. I still had 60% possession, but couldn't create any chance (tried 3 shots from far, missed by far as well lol). Second half I changed the formation, played better, almost scored a lot of times. Finally scored one at 88 and almost another one right after... In the counter Vardy again. 4x1. Fuck.

Second game, scored before the 20 mark, was playing fine... Suddenly, Vardy again, and then another one in the second half (Vardy assist).

I was destroyed, can't remember a single time the COM did this to me, it just never happened. The funny thing is: I want to play more because I was "outsmarted", I didnt prepare the team well and I lost, just like real life. In other PES I would probably few like the game cheated on me. In this? No, its all my fault.

I love this game.
Yep. I love losing because I know it was the AI being smart.

Yet in FIFA in the trial, I've only ever lost when I was cheated with the ball going in non realistic trajectorys right to the AI, etc and it just isn't fun

Bumhead

Banned
As somebody who usually buys both and has supported both since the mid-90's, I tend to stay away from direct comparisons or shit stirring between PES (or ISS back then) and FIFA.

But this years FIFA.. eeeesh. Just can't get on board with it.

Gave the demo 5 or 6 matches yesterday. Went back to PES. Finally started my Master League and in match day 1, away to Derby with Wednesday, scored an equaliser in the 86th minute from a Steven Fletcher chest down and volley at the edge of the box. That one moment was way more exciting than anything I experienced in the FIFA demo.

Gameplay wise I don't even think it's close this year to be honest.

Played two games against Everton as Man City last night.

They comprehensively smashed me. Stayed compact and just cleared over my high press up to Lukaku and blitzed me wide on the counter.

I got pissed off because I'm a bad loser but was pretty impressed too. Love this game.

Nyx

As somebody who usually buys both and has supported both since the mid-90's, I tend to stay away from direct comparisons or shit stirring between PES (or ISS back then) and FIFA.

But this years FIFA.. eeeesh. Just can't get on board with it.

Gave the demo 5 or 6 matches yesterday. Went back to PES. Finally started my Master League and in match day 1, away to Derby with Wednesday, scored an equaliser in the 86th minute from a Steven Fletcher chest down and volley at the edge of the box. That one moment was way more exciting than anything I experienced in the FIFA demo.

Gameplay wise I don't even think it's close this year to be honest.

The AI in the FIFA demo is absolutely terrible. I get people buy it for FUT, online and perhaps The Journey this year, but purely gameplay and AI wise it's not even a contest.

SRV

I get that almost all the time, AI just run into me, no foul, loss of possession.
This is the thing that drives me crazy, like the slightest touch can sometimes get me carded, but the AI rugby tackle me and I get nothing! Such a great game other wise.

Snowballo

Full manual here.

I think this game is much more better than PES 2016.
But not as "free" as PES 2015.

Anyone thinks the same?

The AI in the FIFA demo is absolutely terrible. I get people buy it for FUT, online and perhaps The Journey this year, but purely gameplay and AI wise it's not even a contest.

I just don't see the attraction in the huge variety of modes if when you get on the football pitch the gameplay is so lacklustre.

Lux R7

Do we a have a gaf pes group? however Lux_86 on steam, feel free to add me.

ps: this game is great and the AI makes sense.

Siegmeyer

I'm only about five games it but I'm loving this so far, a definite improvement on last year.

A couple of minor niggles though, why did they feel the need to change the trajectory marker for free kicks and corners? Really hard to tell how much spin you're applying now and as a result, being accurate is much harder.

Also, why did they feel the need to change the colours of the players' condition in the game plan screen Since back in the day it's been red for top condition, then orange, green, blue, then white for lowest. Now that order is reversed. As I said, a very minor complaint but it's still messing with my brain every time I see it.

RocknRola

Can any of kind folk that already updated the game with custom files tell me how accurate they actually are? In specific (if possible) the Liga Nos along the Premier and LaLiga. Much obliged!

Can someone explain to me how myClub works?

I'm intrigued by it but I have no idea what it really is and how it operates. I've not really played FUT either so saying it's like that probably won't help.

For example, if you sign a player through the weird scout/agent system it has, do you get to permanently keep that player?

Or does the game keep you on a constant treadmill of player turnover as you lose and gain players?

bigol

Which filter do you use for connection quality with matchmaking?

Level1,2,3,4,5 or none? I play mostly with filter to level4, level 5 sometimes there are matches that stutter terribly.

Online in general is really laggy for me.

ty_hot

Can someone explain to me how myClub works?

I'm intrigued by it but I have no idea what it really is and how it operates. I've not really played FUT either so saying it's like that probably won't help.

For example, if you sign a player through the weird scout/agent system it has, do you get to permanently keep that player?

Or does the game keep you on a constant treadmill of player turnover as you lose and gain players?

Via scout, you get them permanently, but you have to pay to renew their contracts (every 10 games).

Via loan, you get them for a period of time, no renewal possible.

The other key aspect is to have a high team spirit (players must play in their original position, keep the same players playing together, players and coach should 'agree in playing styles' and more importantly have a coach that is good enough for the players you have). I had a great team but a shit coach, team spirit was in 5 (yes), hired a better one, went to 55, played few matches and adjusted some players and now I am on 85.

Top Bottom