• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

ChanMan

How is the pesgaming OF? I'm thinking of deleting the PESWorld one as some stuff is missing and they only have like the 4 main leagues.

I think pesgaming as some of the best option files out there honestly. The one I posted pretty much has everything you need all the way to the Bundesliga being added.

Hedrush

I think pesgaming as some of the best option files out there honestly. The one I posted pretty much has everything you need all the way to the Bundesliga being added.

Yeah I was having a look at their list, it's very impressive and it's got national teams. I think I'll give it a go as the PESWorld OF doesn't even come close to what PESgaming have. Thanks for posting.

Good to know. I may have to go this route since I want to start my ML, but I'm getting impatient waiting for the PES World OF with the Bundelisga to release.

In the pesgaming OF, do they use hi res kits or are they at 1024x1024?

ChanMan

Good to know. I may have to go this route since I want to start my ML, but I'm getting impatient waiting for the PES World OF with the Bundelisga to release.

In the pesgaming OF, do they use hi res kits or are they at 1024x1024?

It seems like a mixture of Hi and Lo res kits. Bundesliga kits are all hi-res I believe but I would hold off on downloading the bundesliga files as there will be an update for it tomorrow. http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100497

I love how you can mix and match option files this year.

The lack of fouls, again, is really frustrating. The CPU has a habit of smashing into you, the controller vibrates to show you've been clattered but nothing is given by the ref.

The foul situation is better than last year, but not much.

Just because you go down doesn't automatically means it should be a foul. I have no complaints about the refs in this game. I've gotten plenty of free kicks and some penalty kicks. Even got a PK when the CPU goalie fouled my player. Don't think I've ever seen that in a PES before.

Jack cw

Just because you go down doesn't automatically means it should be a foul. I have no complaints about the refs in this game. I've gotten plenty of free kicks and some penalty kicks. Even got a PK when the CPU goalie fouled my player. Don't think I've ever seen that in a PES before.
True. If you dribble and try to change directions in movement, the AI most likely stop you with a foul. It is pretty good balanced.

jrmanimal

Got my game yesterday and after over an hour and a couple of crashes I finally managed to install the PESWorld OF.

I started a league with Sunderland and lost to Crystal Palace and tied with Hull City :( First game was boring but the second one was very good...I had a chance at 87' with Anichebe with a header that the GK made a incredible save, I was celebrating already! It was a fun moment. But I'm not liking the Sunderland team that much(and Khazri and Ndong have generic faces too :()...so I think I'll start a new one, thinking about playing Ligue 1 with Lyon or Marseille or La Liga with Sevilla or Villarreal. I think I'll wait for the second phase of the PESWorld to start a ML with a 2nd division team.

Sucks that brazilian squads are not updated and accurate :( I'm updating Corinthians, though...I need to create a few players. Also the stats are not good...at all. I wonder if some brazilian site will make a Brasileirão OF.

Gameplay wise I'm still enjoying the game, I need to learn those damn dribbles...my good old square + cross is not the same for a while now :p

And I hope they add more faces soon, it really adds to the immersion. I was thinking about playing with Nice for the weird BIG THREE Dante - Belhanda - Balotelli, but Dante has a generic face, I imagine they'll add his face soon as he was in the game in 15 and maybe last year.

Hedrush

It seems like a mixture of Hi and Lo res kits. Bundesliga kits are all hi-res I believe but I would hold off on downloading the bundesliga files as there will be an update for it tomorrow. http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=100497

I love how you can mix and match option files this year.

The PESgaming OF didn't play well with my PESWorld OF. First I deleted all the images from the PESWorld OF but I couldn't find a way to actually delete team data, team name, stadium etc so I went ahead anyway with installing the PESgaming OF but all the clubs ended up with the wrong crest lol so I had to uninstall and reinstall the game. Not a big deal as the install takes seconds but I obviously had to import all the PESgaming OF again. It has now just occurred to me that the team data was a save file and I could probably just have deleted that lol

Refs are better this year, but still not good enough imo. I've received numerous tackles from behind, two-footed lunges and scissor tackles that'd result in a straight red in real life, yet I've only seen one player dismissed during my 50-odd games, and that was down to him getting two yellows. Still work to be done.

ty_hot

Got my game yesterday and after over an hour and a couple of crashes I finally managed to install the PESWorld OF.

I started a league with Sunderland and lost to Crystal Palace and tied with Hull City :( First game was boring but the second one was very good...I had a chance at 87' with Anichebe with a header that the GK made a incredible save, I was celebrating already! It was a fun moment. But I'm not liking the Sunderland team that much(and Khazri and Ndong have generic faces too :()...so I think I'll start a new one, thinking about playing Ligue 1 with Lyon or Marseille or La Liga with Sevilla or Villarreal. I think I'll wait for the second phase of the PESWorld to start a ML with a 2nd division team.

Sucks that brazilian squads are not updated and accurate :( I'm updating Corinthians, though...I need to create a few players. Also the stats are not good...at all. I wonder if some brazilian site will make a Brasileirão OF.

Gameplay wise I'm still enjoying the game, I need to learn those damn dribbles...my good old square + cross is not the same for a while now :p

And I hope they add more faces soon, it really adds to the immersion. I was thinking about playing with Nice for the weird BIG THREE Dante - Belhanda - Balotelli, but Dante has a generic face, I imagine they'll add his face soon as he was in the game in 15 and maybe last year.

Whats wrong with Corinthians? I was impressed Camacho was in the team. Didn't pay much attention to the rest though

I'm waiting for an OF with the rest of the south American teams, then I can conquer the Libertadores with Corinthians, then I can finally start a ML.

drGonz0o

Neo Member
Just played my first online match and won. But couldn't choose my custom camera settings, only default cameras. It sucks!

jrmanimal

Whats wrong with Corinthians? I was impressed Camacho was in the team. Didn't pay much attention to the rest though

I'm waiting for an OF with the rest of the south American teams, then I can conquer the Libertadores with Corinthians, then I can finally start a ML.
I was impressed with Camacho too! But he has long hair.

It's missing a few players:
Vílson, Léo Príncipe(there's a fake 18y RB, I transformed to him), Pedro Henrique(there's a fake version of him), Lucca(he was on the demo but not now, only a fake), Rildo and Isaac. M. Gabriel is on Al-Nassr and Marciel on Cruzeiro, but this one is really recent, so no problem.

Elias and André still on the team.

Also missing but I won't complain: Bruno Paulo, Isaac, Jean, Léo Santos, Gustavo.

I think they'll update the league in october, I hope they add more players.

Will you buy Romarinho back? :p

jrmanimal

Hey sir...err, I know you're working but could move juuuust a little bit to your left?
lsA7IJa.jpg

Bought Falcao Garcia on my Master League, but I'm having lots of problems creating goal chances.

Refs are better this year, but still not good enough imo. I've received numerous tackles from behind, two-footed lunges and scissor tackles that'd result in a straight red in real life, yet I've only seen one player dismissed during my 50-odd games, and that was down to him getting two yellows. Still work to be done.

At least you got a free kick right? In previous games you wouldn't even get that.

Personally, I haven't noticed anything like that. The CPU gets plenty of yellow cards and even a straight red once. I've only played around 20-25 games so far though.

I'm starting to get the soccer bug, and thinking of picking this up. D/L'ed this and the FIFA demo and came away preferring the way this played. I know there is an issue with licenses, but are the national teams pretty authentic? And is there ever any edits for LigaMX teams or does this not even have a Mexican League variant at all?

fbutron

I'm starting to get the soccer bug, and thinking of picking this up. D/L'ed this and the FIFA demo and came away preferring the way this played. I know there is an issue with licenses, but are the national teams pretty authentic? And is there ever any edits for LigaMX teams or does this not even have a Mexican League variant at all?
Pes Universe is working on the Mexican league, has to be created from scratch like the bundesliga

The competition logo is already in the option file 1.0

Logsi

Spent an hour yesterday sorting my option file with the pesuniverse one. So much simpler than last year. Love it!

Played a couple exhibitions to get back into the game and then headed straight into myClub. Always seems to grip me. Love building the teams and the luck of the ball roulette.

First roulette I did I snagged Cristiano Ronaldo which I was hyped about. My girlfriend asked if he was the best player in the game to which I replied probably Messi is the best in this game due to the affiliation with Barca. Low and behold next roulette I do I got Lionel Messi. Mad Hype!

Loving this game. There is little nuances that just weren't in PES2016.

Only gripe so far is how bad the replays are again...why so much blur!?

hallohering

Neo Member
Hello everyone,

year after year i hear the same rumours that using Option Files (the kits) does have a bad impact on the way PES plays.

Can anyone confirm this?

KwynqMc.png

Greetings :)

NJD316

Neo Member
Due to the tip off of it being £26 in Tesco I picked this up last night. Really like PES 2016 so looking forward to diving in.

Logsi

Due to the tip off of it being £26 in Tesco I picked this up last night. Really like PES 2016 so looking forward to diving in.

You won't be disappointed. I was playing some PES2016 again before this was released to see if I really needed it. Took the plunge at £26 and it's awesome!

At least you got a free kick right? In previous games you wouldn't even get that.

Personally, I haven't noticed anything like that. The CPU gets plenty of yellow cards and even a straight red once. I've only played around 20-25 games so far though.

Yeah, you get freekicks, but for a game that has such great AI, it's a bit of a shame we'll rarely see how it adapts to being in a 10-man scenario.

Logsi

Hello everyone,

year after year i hear the same rumours that using Option Files (the kits) does have a bad impact on the way PES plays.

Can anyone confirm this?

Can't say I notice any difference but then I've always played with Option Files. Going from the Demo to an option filed full game plays the same to me.

Refs are still a little bit too forgiving, particularly where handing out cards is concerned.

But I think they are bit too unforgiving when it comes to sliding challenges at times. Or at least I think that until I see the replay :p

Jack cw

Hello everyone,

Can anyone confirm this?

KwynqMc.png

I am eagerly awaiting DFs analysis this time. If it does affect framerate I blame EA for it.

Do you think is there any chance that Konami will just remove the image slots limit and allow us to import as many kits as we need? It doesn't seem to exist any reason for such a limit to exist in the first place, since the number of teams is limited so there's your magic number, why did they have to put such an arbitrary limitation to the otherwise extremely well done edit mode? I'd like to add serie B and national teams kits, but I won't be able to 'cause of limited slots :(

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Hello everyone,

Can anyone confirm this?

KwynqMc.png

Doesn't affect PC performance. Locked at 60fps.

Least it can do after the shit KONAMI pulled.

LAM09

Do you think is there any chance that Konami will just remove the image slots limit and allow us to import as many kits as we need? It doesn't seem to exist any reason for such a limit to exist in the first place, since the number of teams is limited so there's your magic number, why did they have to put such an arbitrary limitation to the otherwise extremely well done edit mode? I'd like to add serie B and national teams kits, but I won't be able to 'cause of limited slots :(

Nope. Best to use 1024 resolution for lesser teams to fit more in.

So, I am going to attempt to add files to the game. It seems complicated. I watched a YouTube video with music mic and limited instructions and I took nothing away from it. Any advice or links?

jrmanimal

lol by now I genuinely love the PES 6/WE PES 07 soundtrack. The main menu theme is just perfection!

Good old times with Inter...I loved that PES 6 team. Ibra and Adriano up front, a pure class midfield with Vieira, Stankovic, Figo and Solari. And a wall in defense with Maicon, Samuel, Cordoba, Zanetti and Julio César/Toldo. And my favorite player, RECOBA coming from the bench with his 70 stamina.

I could talk about those teams for days. I played this game so much, I have memories from at lot of them.

julrik

The first Special Agents in MyClub are available tomorrow. I have over 110k GP and 1000 MyClub coins, so will hopefully get some good players.

pes-2017.jpg

ty_hot

I was impressed with Camacho too! But he has long hair.

It's missing a few players:
Vílson, Léo Príncipe(there's a fake 18y RB, I transformed to him), Pedro Henrique(there's a fake version of him), Lucca(he was on the demo but not now, only a fake), Rildo and Isaac. M. Gabriel is on Al-Nassr and Marciel on Cruzeiro, but this one is really recent, so no problem.

Elias and André still on the team.

Also missing but I won't complain: Bruno Paulo, Isaac, Jean, Léo Santos, Gustavo.

I think they'll update the league in october, I hope they add more players.

Will you buy Romarinho back? :p

They sold the entire team so many times this year that now I dont even know the starting 11 lol its said that Elias is not in the team anymore, he is the best player in PES :(

I will bring Romarinho back for sure in ML :D

Top Bottom