• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

zM6LClH.jpg

w14iJX2.jpg

NHv6K58.jpg

EsvNOxv.jpg

iIyeJW1.jpg

ZN1vWTY.jpg

eO7I0vT.jpg

lUGQZr6.jpg

More here:
22 Chinese Signs That Got Seriously Lost In Translation

UrbanRats

Is there a meme for when people post stories with incomplete sentences like this? If there is, please link me.

That's called "green texting" on 4chan.
I don't know if it's a meme, it should be used as a quote method.

Though if you search for "Green Text Stories" you should find some.

Nebula

Whats with the giant lock on the push bar of the shopping cart?

Not sure if that's a UK trolley but we have them over here to stop them getting nicked. You put a pound in the lock which unlocks it, then you have to put the trolley back, plug the chain into an already parked trolley and that frees the pound.

Stops the youth from dossing about with them I guess.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Not sure if that's a UK trolley but we have them over here to stop them getting nicked. You put a pound in the lock which unlocks it, then you have to put the trolley back, plug the chain into an already parked trolley and that frees the pound.

Never seen those in the US. Over here some stores have one or two locking wheels on the cart, and then an invisible fence like thing around the perimeter that locks the wheels if you try and take them.

Clever idea though, not only stops people from stealing them, but more importantly, probably makes sure people put the cart back in a stall rather than just anywhere in the Parking lot they please.

Pro

Translated in English: "Not sure if that's a UK shopping cart but we have them over here to stop them getting stolen. You put a dollar in the lock which unlocks it, then you have to put the shopping cart back, plug the chain into an already parked shopping cart and that frees the dollar.

Stops the youth from running around with them I guess. :)

Nebula

Translated in English: "Not sure if that's a UK shopping cart but we have them over here to stop them getting stolen. You put a dollar in the lock which unlocks it, then you have to put the shopping cart back, plug the chain into an already parked shopping cart and that frees the dollar.

Stops the youth from running around with them I guess. :)

Perfect.

Gui_PT

We have these in Portugal too. People still take these wherever they want and leave them in the middle of nowhere.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Never seen those in the US. Over here some stores have one or two locking wheels on the cart, and then an invisible fence like thing around the perimeter that locks the wheels if you try and take them.

Clever idea though, not only stops people from stealing them, but more importantly, probably makes sure people put the cart back in a stall rather than just anywhere in the Parking lot they please.

I saw the locking carts at a giant store called Auchan Hypermarket here in Houston. Looking it up on wikipedia, it was actually one of two US locations for a chain from France. That store was absolutely enormous - wiki says upwards of 250,000 sq. ft. Closed down in '03, though.

RedShift

We have some of those invisible fence things but everyone knows you can just lift them up a few feet and they don't activate. Then you're free to take it back to your halls or dump it in the canal or something.

G.O.O.

I saw the locking carts at a giant store called Auchan Hypermarket here in Houston. Looking it up on wikipedia, it was actually one of two US locations for a chain from France. That store was absolutely enormous - wiki says upwards of 250,000 sq. ft. Closed down in '03, though.
Yep, France has locks too and Auchan is pretty big here.

because you don't watch Seinfeld
Explain, now.

Please.

tumblr_mrk491tJeI1qzmowao1_1280.jpg

Hoo-doo

Banned
Explain, now.

Please.
[/IMG]

Seinfeld had a bunch of fictional movies in it that the main characters were talking about in various episodes. Like that they were all crazy excited to see DEATH BLOW in cinemas.

It's missing The Muted Heart though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom