• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pics that make you laugh |OT5| Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubius

A Firefly in the Past confirmed.
AgT0iju.jpg

Rubius

someone forgot to edit out his name on the green poster in the background

oh look here's his twitter https://twitter.com/DanielNguyen206

Wait. This thing actually exist? People running for president of a campus actually exist?
As a Canadian who never went to college or university or lived in a dorm, I thought it was all a fairy tale from the far land of the USA. Even while watching Community I though "Ha, they are exaggerating"
Woah.

Clydefrog

Wait. This thing actually exist? People running for president of a campus actually exist?
As a Canadian who never went to college or university or lived in a dorm, I thought it was all a fairy tale from the far land of the USA. Even while watching Community I though "Ha, they are exaggerating"
Woah.

well it's not like they're running the actual university as President. they're the student's President. it's more of a "Miss America" type thing than anything...

i ran for Treasurer in 5th grade and lost :( ended up joining the "student council" instead and quit after a year.

Rubius

well it's not like they're running the actual university as President. they're the student's President. it's more of a "Miss America" type thing than anything...

i ran for Treasurer in 5th grade and lost :( ended up joining the "student council" instead and quit after a year.

I know but still. Having a whole twitter. Getting a black date for a black student dance, stealing shirts to say that you participated in a race. Really? People take Presidency seriously? Does it help that much on a resume?

tumblr_l9kj9dd7HX1qbkc1no1_500.gif

Cat Party

tumblr_maerzapKw91rge1gco1_500.gif

SaskBoy

When I was in 5th grade, I ran for student council. My platform consisted of my strong work ethic and desire to represent my fellow students. My opponent promised "bring your pet to school day" and pop fountains instead of water fountains. I got one vote, from myself.

Fuck politics.

whitehawk

Banned
Woah.
I'm canadian. You never went to highschool either? Also I briefly went to UofT and they had people campaigning.

edit: just checked out that onehuskys campaign video. Thats some insane production quality for a university campaign party.

http://youtu.be/mlOtMrxM0Pc

Clydefrog

I'm canadian. You never went to highschool either? Also I briefly went to UofT and they had people campaigning.

edit: just checked out that onehuskys campaign video. Thats some insane production quality for a university campaign party.

http://youtu.be/mlOtMrxM0Pc

my response to this video: "GO TO A SMALLER SCHOOL!"

however, since it's on youtube, "amirox is a ___"

edit: oh man they're voting may 13, 14, 15. i'm kinda interested to see if Nguyen wins. wen win

double edit: want to see the worst video ever made for a university? look no further. i went to this school: http://youtu.be/WWhyqRlOmo0 i have to share it because it's not the school i remember going to. what are they doing to my school?

Between you're appreciate of pre-reduction ScarJo and Nigiri I'd like to say that I find your thoughts and ideas interesting and would like to subscribe to your newsletter.
I should make a newsletter to voice these issues.

Enemy Territory is the best game ever (I also love how that's the least offensive Electric Retard comic)
That's from Electric Retard?

The ones I saw were a lot less funny and much... grosser

Nander

I study at a fairly high-status business school and here it's a pretty big deal to be elected the president of the student association. It means that you are pretty much guaranteed a very high-paying position with an attractive employer as soon as you graduate. Thus, the election is a pretty big deal around here, going on for about three months and the candidates' campaigns are very serious, with voter recruitment events and such.

RedShift

I study at a fairly high-status business school and here it's a pretty big deal to be elected the president of the student association. It means that you are pretty much guaranteed a very high-paying position with an attractive employer as soon as you graduate. Thus, the election is a pretty big deal around here, going on for about three months and the candidates' campaigns are very serious, with voter recruitment events and such.

I refuse to vote in Student Union elections here.

As much as they go on about enacting various policies the only difference it will make is who gets to write 'I was <blank> in the student union' on their CV. It's complete bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom