• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pictlogica Final Fantasy |OT| Active Time Picross

Goli

lLgrt4N.jpg

Release Date: 10.21.2013
Platforms: iOS/Android
Developer: Jupiter
Price: Free with IAP.

What is Pictlogica?
Pictlogica is a mash up of Final Fantasy and Picross. It's a little hard to explain, so just watch this: http://youtu.be/kVOkFH-xTOk

Download here! (Android version)
iOS version.
For more information please visit the game's official website (Japanese only)*: http://www.jp.square-enix.com/p_ff/

Screenshots:

*Note: The game is only available for download via SE's Square Enix Market for Android at this point, however, the game's website says the game's release date is the one listed in this thread, and there's no mention of another, which is why I'm assuming the iOS version should drop in this week's App Store game refresh some hours from now/tomorrow.

Aeana

Man it has a lot of music from different FFs. Vana'diel march played on the quest select screen, first battle has Searching for Friends. :eek:

Goli

Does the game require a Square Enix Bridge login before starting?
No games that use that service have been localized, so I'm starting to wonder if this one will or not. At least it's free and making a Japanese iTunes account is easy, but still.

Aeana

Does the game require a Square Enix Bridge login before starting?
No games that use that service have been localized, so I'm starting to wonder if this one will or not. At least it's free and making a Japanese iTunes account is easy, but still.
You can log in with your Google account.

GaussTek

So, how exactly you download this. Do you need to create an account or something? (Sorry if I sound a bit noob lol)

Aeana

So, how exactly you download this. Do you need to create an account or something?
Nope. You visit the SE Market and click on the game and you can download it there. When you install it and it gets all set up, it'll ask you to log in via a site, so you say yes and then you can use a Google account to log in no problem.

GaussTek

Nope. You visit the SE Market and click on the game and you can download it there. When you install it and it gets all set up, it'll ask you to log in via a site, so you say yes and then you can use a Google account to log in no problem.

Ahh great, thanks a lot. Now downloading and will try it later tonight :)

pizza dog

Banned
Hot holy shit this sounds like the jams. I just went on a Picrodyssey with the Picross e series on 3DS eShop. Can't stop won't stop.

Too bad my dog broke my iPad a couple weeks ago and Apple's refreshing them all in November... :(

Game is pretty groovy.
You're solving these 5x5 puzzles rapid fire to manage an ATB battle above the picross field.
Still going through the tutorials, but this is pretty legit thus far.

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So I can confirm that this does work for the S4. I can also confirm that I know next to no Japanese.

I would also like to add, there is a LOT of loading, more so than an average mobile game.

Just got past the tutorial, seems pretty manageable even without Japanese knowledge. I like it, it'll be interesting to see how it increases difficulty.

I will need to download this once it hits iOS.

Even though I feel bad playing iOS games knowing I might have an iPad after Christmas.

Aeana

Whoa uh, you unlock Jobs as you progress? Or is it characters? I just got Black Mage.

You unlock characters with the plates you come across. That's part of the game's IAP system. You can mine for new plates every 4 hours for free, or spend gems (which you can buy for real money) to do it whenever you want.

Ashodin

You unlock characters with the plates you come across. That's part of the game's IAP system. You can mine for new plates every 4 hours for free, or spend gems (which you can buy for real money) to do it whenever you want.

Huh, interesting! I wonder how many series it covers.

Edit: I'm also unsure about the Power/Wisdom/Prayer/Defense thing, but I assume it's just different attack styles (or attacking based on the relevant stats)

RobotHaus

Unconfirmed Member
So is it fairly obvious if you are about to spend real money? I usually just blindly navigate through menus until I get to gameplay, but there are plenty of times I'm afraid I might be spending money.

Ashodin

Heh it's like Pazudora. You can take friends into battle with you.

Boss battle! And it's Garland! (FFIV battle music though?)

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Yeah, this seems pretty alright.

...I get addicted to puzzle games reeeeaaaally easily, though. I should probably quit soon.

Ashodin

It's pretty good, I seem to be getting the hang of the Break system and using spells (which are charged through getting right answers)

Goli

So SE didn't release this on iOS today... I'm actually a bit shocked. I guess this is how Android users usually feel re: game releases.

Dunan

I just downloaded this and it's quite fun!

(Dat 16-bit era music everywhere!)

Got through a bunch of battles, didn't pay enough attention to the moogle's "kupo"-punctuated ramblings, and eventually lost a battle because I forgot to tell my party to focus on one enemy rather than each taking on one foe and eventually being beaten by them.

You can also -- once a day -- try a big-sized puzzle with no enemies or FF-related graphics around. The game will time you (it took me 7 minutes) and you'll get some gil for your troubles.

The game will prompt you to send friend requests to people who joined you n battle, but I haven't yet found a way to send unsolicited friend requests; Cecil McW00t, f you figure it out, send one to ドゥナン ("Dunan" in katakana) and I'll fight at your side.

Now I'm out of stamina points, so I'll put the game away until I have some downtime at work this evening. I'm liking this graphical style and haven't been pestered to spend money yet, so this should be fun!

Top Bottom