• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
You'll have to download it. You can see what extras you have under the DLC tab under the game's properties. Check which ones you want to install.

Yeah they're all ticked already, just nothing there in the steam folder. Very strange. Maybe the switch hasn't been hit for them yet ? Not too worried or anything as I'm playing Bloodborne first, was just curious :)

terrisus

Yeah, it's just not coming fast enough. I'd rather buy through GoG because I'd rather they get my money than Valve TBH

Yeah, I know, haven't heard much about it since the reveal. But then, I haven't been following it too closely. I like keeping my games managed myself without a client.

And, I've never given Valve a penny >.>

Serrato

What are the companions classes without spoiling their names if possible? Although I don't want to min/max already, it would make it redundant If I make a class that there is already 2 guys off. (and with permadeath... is there a way to make new companions?)

duckroll

This is so fucking good. It's basically exactly what was promised - an Infinity Engine style game remade with the experience and knowledge of modern development and catering to current hardware and interface needs. Everything about it just feels so... honest for lack of a better word. Good old fashioned fantasy with a high level of polish in all the areas where fans would care about. Just looked at item descriptions, going through the options, the journal, etc, everything just is so cohesive and just feels right.

It's funny because for over a decade I've been in love with Matsuno's games because they gave the same sort of feeling, and there aren't many creators who has had as much freedom has he had while also being inspired by this sort of fantasy gaming from the past. Now, we have the real thing again. A brand new game, brand new setting, brand new story. Feels surreal.

garath

I originally preloaded this to my mechanical hard drive but now I'm second guessing. Does this benefit from a SSD? Should I move the game?

Artanisix

I'm not that far in but it's already exceeded all expectations. Absolutely amazing.

"I originally preloaded this to my mechanical hard drive but now I'm second guessing. Does this benefit from a SSD? Should I move the game?"

Yes. There are a lot of loading screens and minimizing it through an SSD does wonders.

ICKE

Banned
This is so fucking good. It's basically exactly what was promised - an Infinity Engine style game remade with the experience and knowledge of modern development and catering to current hardware and interface needs. Everything about it just feels so... honest for lack of a better word. Good old fashioned fantasy with a high level of polish in all the areas where fans would care about. Just looked at item descriptions, going through the options, the journal, etc, everything just is so cohesive and just feels right.

It's funny because for over a decade I've been in love with Matsuno's games because they gave the same sort of feeling, and there aren't many creators who has had as much freedom has he had while also being inspired by this sort of fantasy gaming from the past. Now, we have the real thing again. A brand new game, brand new setting, brand new story. Feels surreal.

Literally in tears here. I've been waiting this game for over ten years and now it's here. Still in the beginning of course but completely addicted, hooked and so on. How on earth am I going to get any sleep and do any work tomorrow lol.

Kimaka

Yeah they're all ticked already, just nothing there in the steam folder. Very strange. Maybe the switch hasn't been hit for them yet ? Not too worried or anything as I'm playing Bloodborne first, was just curious :)

That is odd. They should be available now. I just finished downloading mine. Maybe you can try checking your downloads to see if they are in queue or restart Steam.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
You guys are making this wait unbearable. I'm really happy this game turned out to be the real deal after so long.

aravuus

I'm between this and Bloodborne. Decisions, decisions.

Split your time. 2 hours of Bloodborne, 2 hours of PoE.

Of course, I've already played BB for around 12 hours, so for the next 9 hours, I'm gonna play PoE.

Even though it's 9pm and I have a very important class 8am tomorrow. Lol.

I mean fuck, I'm even loving the battles! I've never enjoyed a RTwP battle system before! This game is fucking amazing, BB is fucking amazing, goddamn this week is insane

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
You guys are making this wait unbearable. I'm really happy this game turned out to be the real deal after so long.

The game should be terrible until I get home to play it when it magically becomes GOAT.

ICKE

Banned
The little interactive story cutscenes are one of the best design decisions i've seen, so immersive.

It is INSANELY immersive.

Imagine Baldurs Gate between different chapters. You have text and then suddenly a pause with ability checks, choices and consequences.

BOOM!

Before I start playing, knowing basically nothing about the game, I'm going to make a hailmary call about a twist in the story, either half way through or at the end:

Don't click me just in case I'm right!

The main character is either a piece of the god that was killed by the Godhammer bomb, or we are his reincarnation.

This is my guess.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
I decided to go with BB first and it's fucking killing me.

EDIT: I presume you meant which you're going to play first. You should obviously buy the shit out of both, if you haven't already.

I did the same thing. Playing a souls game upon release is the best time to play it.

Anno

Nice, got an email that my physical nonsense from the KS was shipped. Didn't even realize I was getting a mousepad.

Volodja

Mmh, I'm considering what Expert options to enable (or rather disable considering that that's what it does).

I didn't start with it because I went in pretty damn blind and already playing Hard I wasn't sure what the impact would have been but now I'm thinking that Stash being accessible anywhere makes inventory space basically pointless, so I may take that out.
Could also disable advanced tips in the quest log and maybe the dialogue options that tell you what the options you can't use and what is enabling what option, not sure about the second one, however.

I don't think I'll enable the harder death option, however. May have to get a little bit further into the game to see how manageable it is for me.

taa0098

Neo Member
The writing in this game is blowing me away so far. I wanted to like D:OS, but I think the goofy atmosphere, music, and writing kinda put me off of it, which is weird cause I usually love goofy. This is just on a whole other level though...incredible.

I'm also having to split my time between this and bloodborne. I feel the pain.

So, first thing I noticed when having the first conversation with the trader... I gotta turn of the personality/reputation thingy, it makes me feel conflicted between what I want to say and what it actually does. Turning it off!

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.

Next time though, I still want weird fantasy or science fiction.

I'm an older gamer now (37), but this is how I imagined rpgs were going to evolve since BG2. It's been almost two decades since, but this everything I've wanted. I'm utterly in love with this game.

This...this is something very special. I'm so happy I backed this game so that I played a very small part in making something this good come to fruition.

It is funny to think now that I kickstarted the Project Eternity and then I ended up working on it. Life is completely unpredictable. Anyway, I can confess now that I worked on Pillars of Eternity as Localisation Test Lead. So if you are playing Pillars of Eternity in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish and Russian language, you can hate me ;)

Lucifon

Goddamn, cage cursor keeps glitching out and letting me out the screen onto my second monitor. I have to toggle it on and off again. Anyone else having this?

Goddamn, cage cursor keeps glitching out and letting me out the screen onto my second monitor. I have to toggle it on and off again. Anyone else having this?

Yeah, it even happens if I change it to fullscreen mode, and have to tab out and back in for it to stay in bounds. Pretty annoying :<

Top Bottom