• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
2.5 hours of work left guys.

I don't think I'm going to make it GAF. I need help.

Please help meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

ys45

About 2 hours before I get back home and playing this and you guys are not helping with your comments .
I'm soooo glad to see so much positives comments on this game its ...... aaaarrghh I wanna play now !

Also I wonder how I'm gonna manage my time between Bloodborne and this

Eusis

Next time though, I still want weird fantasy or science fiction.
Well, I guess that's what we'll get when Torment hits. Either of those or both, both I guess with the lines blurring between the two.

May well not have the time for quite awhile to seriously play it, but I definitely like looking through the PDFs and stuff! And anyone know what's up with the strategy guide and getting an access code for the digital version with the physical one?

bathsalts

Beat the shit out of yourself in the washroom and then ask to be excused from work claiming to be a mugging victim, its worth it I assure you.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD

We're all gonna make it bruh.

(1 more hour for me woohoo!)

Kinthalis

Banned
It is funny to think now that I kickstarted the Project Eternity and then I ended up working on it. Life is completely unpredictable. Anyway, I can confess now that I worked on Pillars of Eternity as Localisation Test Lead. So if you are playing Pillars of Eternity in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish and Russian language, you can hate me ;)

Congrats to you and the Team at Obsidian, it looks like critics and fans alike really like this game. I'm sure I will too, once I get to play it! Damn work!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Anyone able here to stream this game using Steam In-House Streaming? I get a cut off image no matter what settings I try. It's also in 4:3.

taa0098

Neo Member
Whoever rolled a Cipher, how are you finding it so far?

I'm really liking it so far. I tend to gravitate towards spellsword-esque classes/builds, and this seems perfect for that. I got draining soul whip when I leveled so I can cast spells more often, pretty effective.

I only have the Kickstarter Hero Edition, but on Steam, it shows I also have access to the Making of documentary. Is this intended? If so, great. Because I care about the "making of" stuff. The folder currently only shows a text file saying "The documentary is still in production. When the documentary is finished and released this is where it will appear."

UEyRmBZ.png

Corpekata

Banned
When I used Hobbling Strike on my rogue, which is supposed to be 2 per encounter, for some reason it is using both uses. Is it because of dual wielding, or is it a bug?

Congrats to you and the Team at Obsidian, it looks like critics and fans alike really like this game. I'm sure I will too, once I get to play it! Damn work!

Thanks, but Obsidian and translators should take all the praise. I was only the contractor who were trying to help them make the best possible localization :)

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
When I used Hobbling Strike on my rogue, which is supposed to be 2 per encounter, for some reason it is using both uses. Is it because of dual wielding, or is it a bug?

Bug, dual wielding shouldn't drain both, it should be applied to both strikes but not use up both uses.

Acidote

It is funny to think now that I kickstarted the Project Eternity and then I ended up working on it. Life is completely unpredictable. Anyway, I can confess now that I worked on Pillars of Eternity as Localisation Test Lead. So if you are playing Pillars of Eternity in French, Italian, German, Spanish, Polish and Russian language, you can hate me ;)

Then you must know this: where can I send suggestions for translation fixes? Spanish in this case.

pahamrick

I spent an hour flip-flopping on if I wanted to make a Monk or a Cipher. Said screw it, and ended up rolling a Death Godlike Bleakwalker Paladin.

He's a blast so far.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Stat question for folks:

Are summons/pets affected by the summoning character's stats in a logical way? Like, does higher might on a chanter increase the damage that his summon invocations do?

Next time though, I still want weird fantasy or science fiction.
Reading the lore book, I kinda wish Avellone had been allowed to run wild with this one. The balance seems to be about 80% traditional fantasy with 20% weird Victorian soulscience stuff creeping in at the edges. It could have been flipped.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
90 minutes into the game and I haven't made it past character creation.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I'm poo...rly hiding the fact that I'm on the john. What the hell are the rest of y'all doing here ? Go play the best game that has ever been made, ya bishes.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
I'm poo...rly hiding the fact that I'm on the john. What the hell are the rest of y'all doing here ? Go play the best game that has ever been made, ya bishes.

I would if I could. Need to pretend I'm working for another hour.

DirtRiver

Am I supposed to die so often? Am at the place where we get Curante (?) (the redheaded priest) but am dying to groups of wolves and boars. I am a Chanter, level 2. Maybe I'm supposed to wait a bit in the town and gain experience?

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
Reading the lore book, I kinda wish Avellone had been allowed to run wild with this one. The balance seems to be about 80% traditional fantasy with 20% weird Victorian soulscience stuff creeping in at the edges. It could have been flipped.

I blame history buff Sawyer. >_>

This game is the real deal, I couldn't be happier. Almost nothing fucking happened at the start but I can feel it already, those little book-like "cutscenes" and the dialogs... hmmhmm, and I barely even started the game. It's going to be a pretty cool ride.

I so hope this game does well, this genre should never have been asleep for these many years.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I so hope this game does well, this genre should never have been asleep for these many years.

It was simply resting, gathering its strength so it could unleash its fury upon us like a vengeful god.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member

They can always go Mask of the Betrayer on us and change the ratios in an expansion/sequel. And they have a second original IP Kickstarter coming soon, too, where they could scratch a different itch entirely.

Do you guys think I can get away with a 18 res, 19 int, 18 per, low everything else Chanter?

Finished the tutorial and did ok, had to camp once to recover, but everything else was alright. Playing on hard.

kami_sama

Anyone has a soung of pages turning playing all the time? Every 5 minutes or so I have to reset to play without that annoying sound. The bug it's driving me insane.

Top Bottom