• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Blizzard

Banned
Can I respec my attributes or abilities at some point? Not quite sure what I want to pick as a Chanter quite yet, it seems might is kind of useful for everyone for example, but the game doesn't recommend it for a Chanter. I think I will take one of the summoning Invocations for now.
I too am interested in whether you can respec. I would assume the answer is no, and I'll be punished for trying fun-sounding abilities that are poor choices.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Stat question for folks:

Are summons/pets affected by the summoning character's stats in a logical way? Like, does higher might on a chanter increase the damage that his summon invocations do?

Reposting, any insights? I'm heading home in 20 minutes and I would like to know this when I make my dude.

Played a little bit (very little), but I'm already liking it!
I have a question regarding combat, does the position count? Like attacking an enemy from behind is useful or it's the same that attacking him face to face?

Playing hard, made it to the first Inn so far. I went Moon Godlike Chanter 8/8/6/18/20/19. After one level have 4 in Lore and Mechanics and the healing tide passive. It is SO GOOD so far. So happy with my choices.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Performance is surprisingly solid on my 2010 Macbook. Graphics all look fine. The framerate takes a hit, but its consistent, and its a fucking RPG, the framerate isn't going to kill the experience for me

Salsa

re-started as a better balanced male rogue cause I wanted a beard

dumping everything on stealth. realizing im playing this pretty much like Divinity OS. lol

Joey Ravn

Banned
I'm still toying with the first hour of the game and the character creator. I have two minor issues, though.

1. The game is not appearing at all on my Steam profile. I can't access the Achievements page and it doesn't show up in my recent activity. Anyone else in the same spot?

2. Using a dual monitor setup, the cursor doesn't get locked to the game's window. I understand that this was a problem present in the beta. Any word by the devs on it getting fixed any time soon? It's minor, but pretty annoying.

Other than that, it's a perfect game, or as close as it gets.

Does anybody have the link to the imgur gallery with all those custom portraits?

Also LTTP but lol at TrueMenance not getting banned but deleted. Goddamn.

aravuus

Here's a question I'm sure will anger some of the purists or whatever, so I'm gonna spoiler tag it lol

Is there a way to get unlimited rests/camping things
? I want to try playing the game on hard the way that the difficulty comes from the hard encounters, not from trying to manage a balance between resting and.. Not resting.

I suppose I could do it with a console command, but I don't know how to open the console

abunai

this game
this gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaameeeeeeeeeeeeee

Dunbar

Hilarious reading all the people who have restarted already (some multiple times!). I'll be pretty pissed if I get 3-5 hours into the game and realize I've screwed things bad enough that I need to begin again.

besada

Banned
2. Using a dual monitor setup, the cursor doesn't get locked to the game's window. I understand that this was a problem present in the beta. Any word by the devs on it getting fixed any time soon? It's minor, but pretty annoying.

There's a setting in Graphics, I think for "Cage Cursor." Does that not fix it?

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
okay so lowkey the writing is a bit.....like.....lord of the rings fanfiction so far

and
that was the most obvious ambush in the universe at the beginning of the game, were the caravan people in on it and that's why they didn't point out how obvious it was?

Salsa

Hilarious reading all the people who have restarted already (some multiple times!). I'll be pretty pissed if I get 3-5 hours into the game and realize I've screwed things bad enough that I need to begin again.

it's hard to screw up too bad in this game as far as I understand it

we're restarting cause we're dumb and full of instant regret

Stevey

Is every line of dialogue meant to be voiced?
Because in some conversations, a line or 2 will be voiced and some isn't.

Rosur

Got my kickstarter key :) forgot I had this game backed until the recent previews were show last weekish.

Glad its getting high reviews. As not got bloodborne probably put my time this weekend spread across this and borderlands 2 (from handsome collection)

Spookie

Anyone playing a barbarian?? If so how you like em? Haven't seen them mentioned yet.

My GF has one in her party as an off tank. He's called Peter Dinklage and he hits like a fucking truck. I think he mops up more kills from the cleave than crushing skulls.
She put a crossbow in his second weapon slot too. :D

Is that horrible circle on top of all instances of "st" a bug or feature of Pillars' font? It's driving me crazy. I want to get rid of it somehow.

Mattdaddy

Gold Member
My GF has one in her party as an off tank. He's called Peter Dinklage and he hits like a fucking truck. I think he mops up more kills from the cleave than crushing skulls.
She put a crossbow in his second weapon slot too. :D

Hahaha that's awesome. Good to hear, I'm stuck at work but can't wait to roll one.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
maybe i am being unfair because i don't read a lot of fantasy but like...not everything in the world has to be described by a simile or metaphor. sometimes you can just say 'an arrow sticks out of his back'.

Raphael

This game is tits. i wouldnt let myself get too hyped but its really like the BG guys did make a new ie game. I'm fucking in love.

Spookie

Hahaha that's awesome. Good to hear, I'm stuck at work but can't wait to roll one.

I'd suggest buffing his int for a gimmick build. Though they are great, I've not seen any problems with accuracy like you'd see in D&D games when playing the backers beta.

Reposting, any insights? I'm heading home in 20 minutes and I would like to know this when I make my dude.

Couldn't swear by it but pretty sure the answer is no.

Played a little bit (very little), but I'm already liking it!
I have a question regarding combat, does the position count? Like attacking an enemy from behind is useful or it's the same that attacking him face to face?

Enemies engaged in melee by two people attacking from different directions getting a flanking penalty, gives a penalty to deflection. You should be able to see the Flanked debuff icon on the creature tooltip.

Does anybody have the link to the imgur gallery with all those custom portraits?

http://imgur.com/a/eOhqV

Panda Rin

Totally new to crpgs. How does it compare to Divinity's lore, sidequesting, story, and characters? Adored the combat in Divinity OS but dreaded pretty much everything else.

Top Bottom