• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Wanace

Hmm, I own the Kickstarter hero edition on Steam and it says so on the store page, but when I search my games list it's not there and it doesn't appear on my profile when I open it. Consequently the Kickstarter achievement hasn't unlocked either. What's going on?

Make it out of the starter dungeon.

Anno

low level chanter guide:
survive until you got three charges - summon phantom - enjoy the show

Yeah, Phantom is my fucking dude. But even without that I think the class is really useful. And it's easily the closest I've gotten to my old EQ1 bard - even has a form of twisting! So good.

Not sure if this was answered yet but I get the 60$ version on Steam, where do I find the Making of documentary?

Documentary isn't quite done yet. They wanted to include launch-day footage.

[Asmodean]

You got a link where I can find all other console commands?

I've been trying to look at the Unity Documentation, but you can see a few of the more common ones here. The only one I found useful was the FoW one, because I bloody hate Fog of War.

It's quite annoying that I've to enable cheats to disable it, and you've to redo every time you load your game. WTB a GUI option pls >.> Apparently being able to admire the view is cheating, yet running at 2x speed 24/7 isn't, gg logic. Even an option to widen the radius of it, outside my screenspace view. Because I don't want to uncover the map either ;p

PS - anyone else notice that exclusive fullscreen is also not working?. It's stuck using borderless FS, when the option tooltip specifies it's supposed to be exclusive.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Playing on hard and so far not regretting any of my character choices. All stats below 10 and 16, I wanted to play it safe instead of risking reducing like dex a bunch to buff int.

Volodja

low level chanter guide:
survive until you got three charges - summon phantom - enjoy the show
Yes, that motherfucker packs a punch.
I'm sad that I decided to take Skeletons too, I thought they could be active at the same time.
If I had known they didn't I would've taken another Invocation.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Yes, that motherfucker packs a punch.
I'm sad that I decided to take Skeletons too, I thought they could be active at the same time.
If I had known they didn't I would've taken another Invocation.

Haha for real, phantom is OP as hell so far. I just hit 2 and got the grub explosion too, lots of fun.

PBalfredo

Has anyone encountered any pitfalls yet that made you want to restart and reroll your character that would be useful to know about before loading up the game?

batfax

Can you increase your points over the game? I'm thinking I spread myself thin since I keep being a point off of most dialog options.

DrSlek

Oysh. I have another 24 hours before I can play. The game unlocked while I was asleep, and my work day has only just begun...and I have a D&D session after work.

Had a quick go at character creation before work though. It's Pretty intuitive and I lose the level of customization. Especially how character motivations and backgrounds can affect starting stats.

garath

Ugh. They really need to fix the edge scrolling for dual monitors :(

Anyone found a workaround for it? It's kind of obnoxious to take my hands off the WASD keys to use the arrows to pan the camera around. :/

pahamrick

Anyone found a workaround for it? It's kind of obnoxious to take my hands off the WASD keys to use the arrows to pan the camera around. :/

Is the option to lock the mouse to the game borders still bugged?

ExReey

I love it :)

WIxiEgE.jpg

Gah, stuck on the decision to go GOG or Steam. Decisions, decisions! Anyone know if the physical disc will be DRM-free? If so I may just go Steam with my digital copy.

Almighty

Gah, stuck on the decision to go GOG or Steam. Decisions, decisions! Anyone know if the physical disc will be DRM-free? If so I may just go Steam with my digital copy.

It is unless they changed it very recently and that is why I went with Steam for my digital copy.

This game is utterly brilliant...and the review scores aren't just a nostalgia thing.

Those hand-drawn scenes are by far my favourite aspect so far, especially with the accompanying sound effects. So simple, yet so evocative. Strangely superior to cutscenes in my opinion, especially as a big DnD fan.

I bought into the beta, and I was genuinely disappointed with the combat. It seems completely remedied here. I don't think I was entirely accustomed to ACTUAL betas, instead of the glorified marketing bullshit they are today.

Kimaka

Physical backer copies will be DRM free. The regular retail editions are Steam activated.

pahamrick

AFAIK, only the Kickstarter Physical Discs will be DRM free, any other physical release will be Steam.

I finally had to turn difficulty down to normal after 5 hours. I got stuck and just wasn't good enough to get out with only a party of 3. No regrets, I'll try hard again some other time.

mine seems to work fine. I checked the lock mouse to active window in graphics setting.

Velurian

Well, I have not been this happy about a game since Fallout 1.
Really really happy after a few first hours. Glad I was part of the kickstarter.

I'm sorry for doing this guys, but there are a lot of pages here and other PoE threads and such and I figured someone might be able to help quickly.

What's a good stat layout for a shotgun rogue main character? Mostly high might and int and call it a day?

Dunbar

I got the Kickstarter achievement basically as soon as the game started, for whoever is asking. As soon as it puts you into camp after the initial dialogue.

I'm surprised by how pretty this looks. I mean I knew it would look decent, but compared to Wasteland 2 or the Shadowrun games, this has legitimate graphical appeal. So smooth, though. Gonna try downsampling in a bit.

I got the Kickstarter achievement basically as soon as the game started, for whoever is asking. As soon as it puts you into camp after the initial dialogue.
Yep. Unlocked immediately after char. creation.

Miletius

Finally decided on a character. A Godlike Nature Touched Scientist Cipher from the Living Lands. Dedicated to the study of alchemy and to find out more about her heritage.

This game rocks.

Salsa

wonder if i'll eventually get in trouble with my rogue by dumping on just stealth and mechanics

also this elf is a dick but he's a wizard so

Top Bottom