• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity |OT| You must gather your party before venturing forth.

Landford

Banned
After a 4 hour long session, i close the game to find i dropped a foil
Palucina
card.
Shes a companion, i take?

Almighty

Yeah, it seems to be messed up. Ugh. At least it plays without issue.

Yup, this is the same issue. It's like the game isn't tied to my profile but it's in my library.

I ran into the same problem restarting Steam seems to fix it for some, restarting my computer fixed it for me.

Dsyndrome

Has anyone gotten any achievements besides the backer beta one? I don't even have that since I got the game off of Steam, but no one else I know has unlocked any.

Almighty

Has anyone gotten any achievements besides the backer beta one? I don't even have that since I got the game off of Steam, but no one else I know has unlocked any.

I got the achievement for hiring an adventurer. That one seems to be the next easiest one to get besides the backer one as you can do it at the inn in the first town and can even save hire one and then reload if you so choose.

meehan666

Neo Member
Sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread but what percent of the sale price does GOG take as opposed to steam? If it takes a smaller percent from Obsidian I'll get it from there.

I played about four hours. I am currently exploring a temple below
Gilded Vale
. I am impressed with the art and interface so far. Very classy stuff. I do hope I find a
fourth
party member soon because the tactics are boring with this bunch.

jtb

Banned
also, (very mild spoiler) the existence of
a stronghold
screams NWN2 OC to me.

I do not like NWN2 OC.

/whine

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
That's really been the only thing I haven't liked so far. I'm running as a Death Godlike and not a single person has made a comment about it.
i got a comment about it from someone in the first town
... it was the guy at the entrance to the ruined temple.. i believe he thought i was Death coming to take him away. It said Godlike in the description

Okay.. so after 6 hours straight i needed to get up and stretch because my feet were going numb. In case you are reading this any all the other testimonials havent persuaded you.. this game is the real fucking deal.

Playing a Death Godlike Barbarian and am doing surprisingly well so far. Things be dying quickly.

Ozium

Sorry if this was addressed earlier in the thread but what percent of the sale price does GOG take as opposed to steam? If it takes a smaller percent from Obsidian I'll get it from there.

Steam and GOG both take 30% as far as I'm aware.. Get the Steam version, it will drop trading cards you can sell on the steam market, and Obsidian would make money from those market transactions too

plus steam achievments, cloud saving (I'm assuming PoE uses Steam Cloud) and automatic updates

Burt

is resolve just charisma in disguise? now I'm worried I didn't put enough into it...

Which stats give you more dialogue options?

Resolve does seem to be the most common, but there are opportunities for everything, and dialogue junctions often have 2-3 different stat based answers, so even if you're lacking resolve, there are still stat-based alternatives.

JC Sera

is resolve just charisma in disguise? now I'm worried I didn't put enough into it...

Which stats give you more dialogue options?
No its not, it mainly just gives you dialogue options of "I'm not taking/buying your bullshit here"
What traditionally were charisma options are free sorta, they will just rack you up deceptive or diplomatic reputation.

jtb

Banned
every stat gives dialogue options.

Resolve does seem to be the most common, but there are opportunities for everything, and dialogue junctions often have 2-3 different stat based answers, so even if you're lacking resolve, there are still stat-based alternatives.

No its not, it mainly just gives you dialogue options of "I'm not taking/buying your bullshit here"
What traditionally were charisma options are free sorta, they will just rack you up deceptive or diplomatic reputation.

Good to know. was mainly just curious because the others correspond, on face, with the usual STR/CON/INT/WIS/etc. stats... except resolve which isn't really a synonym for charisma.

pahamrick

i got a comment about it from someone in the first town
... it was the guy at the entrance to the ruined temple.. i believe he thought i was Death coming to take him away. It said Godlike in the description

Okay.. so after 6 hours straight i needed to get up and stretch because my feet were going numb. In case you are reading this any all the other testimonials havent persuaded you.. this game is the real fucking deal.

Playing a Death Godlike Barbarian and am doing surprisingly well so far. Things be dying quickly.

Ooh. Okay, I have all that descriptor stuff turned off so it doesn't say what triggers the conversation and such. I must have missed that.

Death Godlike Paladin here, can confirm: Things die quick like.

Burt

Oh goodness, I'm (area east of Esternwoods)
assaulting Raedrac's Keep
and there are like, more than 2 options. I just took a leap of faith with one without even scouting the area, we'll see how it goes. I might have just jumped into the metaphorical bear pit.

Edit:
Disguises!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Curious if we'll have a "Show us your Character/Portrait" thread for this game. =)

Also, regarding names; if you use a first and last name when creating your character, will the game use the whole name? First name? I figure it'll be the whole name but does anyone know for sure?

Almighty

Well I am starting to get my butt kicked earlier then I expected. I think I will have to fallback and reevaluate my strategy and either hire an adventurer to help or see if I can rack up some xp somewhere else and come back. Or both I guess that is also an option.

pahamrick

Well I am starting to get my butt kicked earlier then I expected. I think I will have to fallback and reevaluate my strategy and either hire an adventurer to help or see if I can rack up some xp somewhere else and come back. Or both I guess that is also an option.

Hiring an adventurer is pretty nice, you're able to dictate everything just like creating additional main characters.

Emitan

Curious if we'll have a "Show us your Character/Portrait" thread for this game. =)

Also, regarding names; if you use a first and last name when creating your character, will the game use the whole name? First name? I figure it'll be the whole name but does anyone know for sure?

Uses the whole name

cp2tib4m.png

Corpekata

Banned
They always get maimed first. If they take further damage after getting maimed, they die. So basically, you need to rest so you can clear the maimed status. Shouldn't be an issue for most unless you screw up your camping supplies in some deep dungeon.

Dmax3901

Yo I am getting my shit rocked in Caed Nua

Me too, trying not to rage but this shit is hard! I'm not a fan of the way the enemies' health is displayed. I see one only has like one red dot left so I concentrate all my dudes on it, then it refuses to take any damage for a while and in the meantime my party gets wrecked.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Oh godamnit, I think I hit a gamebreaking bug in the Mac version on my 2010 Macbook. Early on when you see the scene of the statue guy being...punished or whatever, when the dramatic music and the screams and stuff start all I see is the NPC standing there, his coat billowing in the wind, and then the game is stuck on that shot and is stalled out, nothing happening until I quit.

Where do I report this?

Almighty

Oh godamnit, I think I hit a gamebreaking bug in the Mac version on my 2010 Macbook. Early on when you see the scene of the statue guy being...punished or whatever, when the dramatic music and the screams and stuff start all I see is the NPC standing there, his coat billowing in the wind, and then the game is stuck on that shot and is stalled out, nothing happening until I quit.

Where do I report this?

I am assuming here http://forums.obsidian.net/forum/104-pillars-of-eternity-technical-support-spoiler-warning/

Ludovico

Where do I report this?

That sucks, bro.
Check your autosave, you should have a file from where you excited the cave into that area. Hope it was just a one time fluke.

Alastor3

can someone tell me with the bells
I have the parchement and it say ring the bigger bell first, but I tried all the possibility and nothing happen

Ludovico

Nope, re-created it four times now. Lame as shit

Is it when the animation for
the giant mechanical urn thing
start to ramp up? Maybe you could shoot your save file to someone and see if they can get past it? I've got to hit the sack because of work tomorrow, but if you want to try salvaging it tomorrow afternoon I could help out then, though replaying an hour or so might be a lot less painful :)

Top Bottom