• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pinball FX 2 |OT|

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
bannerdefault.jpg

What is Pinball FX 2?
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/p/pinballfx2/

Pinball FX is back, and it’s better than ever! Pinball FX 2 offers improved graphics and a host of new features for novices and experts alike: a new state-of-the-art physics model that surpasses anything available so far, Operators Menu with custom settings and advanced play info, automatic in-game challenges against your friends, and split-screen local multiplayer mode—a first in video pinball history! Pinball FX 2 also offers full backward compatibility for Pinball FX owners—download Pinball FX 2 free and play all your Pinball FX tables within Pinball FX 2!

Full backward compatibility for Pinball FX owners: Simply download Pinball FX 2 free and import all your Pinball FX tables within Pinball FX 2! New users can browse all available tables for Pinball FX 2 and try them out for free before buying.
Multiplayer: Special features include new Superscore and Wizard score systems, online competitions, worldwide leaderboards, periodic tournaments, online race and local hotseat multiplayer modes, and live video chat via the Xbox LIVE Vision camera.
Split-screen: The split-screen local multiplayer mode is a first in video pinball history.
Own your pinball game: The Operators Menu features custom settings and advanced play info.
Updated Pinball FX content: Original Pinball FX tables have received graphics and physics updates, and brand new sets of achievements!

Release Date and Price:
http://www.destructoid.com/pinball-fx-2-s-pricing-explained-185231.phtml

The third title in Microsoft's Game Feast line-up is none other than Pinball FX 2. We already know it's being released on Wednesday, October 13, but there's been some confusion here and there as to what the asking price will be. Yes, the game itself is a free download.

Zen Studios wants you to think of it as a platform. As such, you'll be able to demo all of the tables and then pay to unlock them, if you so desire. Speed Machine, Extreme Agents, and Buccaneer from Pinball FX (with updated graphics/physics) are $10, or can be imported for free if you own the tables already.

Similarly, the add-on tables Nightmare Mansion, Rocky & Bullwinkle, Street Fighter II Tribute Table, and Earth Defense from Pinball FX are $3 each for new players. As for one-hundred percent new tables, Pinball FX 2 has four bundled together for $10: Pasha, Rome, BioLab, and Secrets of the Deep.

Screenshots:
pinball-fx-2-20100922071656528.jpg

pinball-fx-2-20100922071659966.jpg

pinball-fx-2-20100922071703216.jpg

pinball-fx-2-20100922071706372.jpg

pinball-fx-2-20100922071709435.jpg

pinball-fx-2-shots-20100827095859365.jpg

pinball-fx-2-shots-20100827095907787.jpg

pinball-fx-2-shots-20100827095924911.jpg

pinball-fx-2-shots-20100827095907787.jpg

Video:

Teaser Launch Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04ZNgi2lLlY&feature=fvst

Low Angle Camera Gameplay Movie
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puz...ll-fx-2--low-angle-camera-gameplay-movie?hd=1

Pasha Level Gameplay Movie
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puz...4812/pinball-fx-2--pasha-level-gameplay-movie

Minigames Gameplay Movie
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puz...-gameplay-moviefx-2--minigames-gameplay-movie

Previews:

Joystiq
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/08/31/pinball-fx-2-preview-the-pinball-youve-known-all-your-life/

Gamespot
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/puzzle/pinballfx2/news.html?sid=6274798&mode=previews

Achievements:
http://www.xblaratings.com/blog/3107-pinball-fx-2-achievements-a-biolab-table

Zen Studios has been receiving many questions regarding Achievements in Pinball FX 2, and how they were able to get 39 of them in an Xbox LIVE Arcade game alongside a GamerScore of 650. The key thing to understand is that Pinball FX 2 is a platform which will be updated for a long time to come with new content. Being a platform provides access to more Achievements and a higher GamerScore.

A few more notes about Achievements in Pinball FX 2:

Pinball FX tables will get a new set of Achievements, which gives you another reason to play them!
There are sets of achievements requiring you to beat the high scores of your friends. Now take into consideration how the Wizard Score works (the combination of your friends Superscores) and you realize that you will have to beat those friends you have joined up with for a high Wizard Score!
As new tables are added, more Achievements and GamerScore will be available.

Today they also announced Biolab, another original table that will be included in the Pinball FX 2 Core Collection.

Something has gone horribly wrong in the Mad Scientists lab. Rescue genetically mutated creatures and solve mysterious puzzles as you play your way through BioLab on Pinball FX 2. BioLab joins Rome & Pasha as part of the Pinball FX 2 Core Collection. Look for more table reveals in the coming weeks!

Reviews: Pending

I'd definitely get this but the first Pinball FX for XBLA had poor ball physics. The PSN version is amazing though, which is weird since it's from the same developers.

Hope this version is like the PSN one. Is there any word that it is?

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I'd definitely get this but the first Pinball FX for XBLA had poor ball physics. The PSN version is amazing though, which is weird since it's from the same developers.

Not sure exactly, at least in regards to the new tables.

Gowans

Someone who did consultation on this said this is as much of a step beyond Zen Pinball as that was from Pinball FX in the announcement thread.

Can't wait, I will have all the tables ready for the nice clean leaderboards.

Just in the mood for some Pinball, might have a friends list clear out for some leaderboard fights.

Looking forward to how this Platform approach works out.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:

I was pretty heavily involved with this game's development, so feel free to ask questions and I'll answer as best I can. Also, if enough people buy tables, Zen still start letting me out of my cage for bathroom breaks.

In terms of ball physics, yes, PFX2 has the same improvements made from PFX1->Zen Pinball, plus a few more if I remember correctly.

You'll be able to play the PFX1 tables (via import) using the PFX2 physics engine.

Gowans007 said:
Someone who did consultation on this said this is as much of a step beyond Zen Pinball as that was from Pinball FX in the announcement thread.
That's good to hear. I hope they include a lot of themed tables from popular games.

Plasma

Banned
I picked up the rest of the DLC tables last week so I'll download this and probably the new tables with it.

I played it at PAX and the physic is a lot better than the first one. I am glad that you can turn off the ball trail. I find it rather distracting.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
Definitely looking forward to it. Looks like the lower playfield art is as bad as ever, though. LOL at weird Prince of Persia ripoff guy.

Open Source said:
I was pretty heavily involved with this game's development, so feel free to ask questions and I'll answer as best I can. Also, if enough people buy tables, Zen still start letting me out of my cage for bathroom breaks.

In terms of ball physics, yes, PFX2 has the same improvements made from PFX1->Zen Pinball, plus a few more if I remember correctly.

You'll be able to play the PFX1 tables (via import) using the PFX2 physics engine.
Cool! That's good to hear.

I'll definitely pick this up soon. :)

I had a tough time getting into the first Pinball FX or Zen Pinball due to the unrealistic ball physics. In those gameplay videos for FX 2 the ball does seem to move more realistically than before. Hopefully this ends up being good.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Open Source said:

I have a question. Will the Zen Pinball tables eventually be released for Pinball FX 2? I just want everything on one platform.

I'll grab PFX2, import the tables I already have, and save up to get the PFX2 tables.

twinturbo2 said:
I have a question. Will the Zen Pinball tables eventually be released for Pinball FX 2? I just want everything on one platform.

Very unlikely. I believe there are some kind of content exclusivity arrangements with Microsoft and Sony.

Open Source said:
Very unlikely. I believe there are some kind of content exclusivity arrangements with Microsoft and Sony.
I don't if you answered this already, but can we transfer the existing tables to this like the Street Fighter one for example? And will there be Microsoft themed tables like maybe a Alan Wake table, Halo one, Gears, etc.?

I know that's wishing for a lot, but I love pinball games with themes like that.

TheFLYINGManga_Ka said:
I don't if you answered this already, but can we transfer the existing tables to this like the Street Fighter one for example? And will there be Microsoft themed tables like maybe a Alan Wake table, Halo one, Gears, etc.?

I know that's wishing for a lot, but I love pinball games with themes like that.

Any Pinball FX 1 tables (core or DLC) can be imported into FX 2 for free. They'll have new Achievements and fresh Leaderboards.

There is a big announcement coming up regarding licensing, but I can't spill the beans just yet.

Open Source said:
Any Pinball FX 1 tables (core or DLC) can be imported into FX 2 for free. They'll have new Achievements and fresh Leaderboards.

There is a big announcement coming up regarding licensing, but I can't spill the beans just yet.
Sweet! :D

Thanks.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Open Source said:
:-(

Well, I hope the new PFX2 tables are good.

Any chances of pulling some strings to get some licensed Bally tables in there, or is it going to be all-original like it always has been?

Jucksalbe

Banned
twinturbo2 said:

They said in their forums, that every "core table" (meaning the ones that are released with the game) will always be exclusive to that specific platform while every DLC table might be ported.

keenest

Pity about the delay as I was really looking forward to downloading PX2 today. I've got most of the extra tables for PX1 and Zen Pinball. I loved the recent Mars table. The little robot helper was really well done.

zorbsie

The delay is a real bummer. Was looking forward to pick this up today. Hopefully they can bring over the DLC tables form Zen Pinball. Mars and Ninja Gaiden were awesome.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Jucksalbe said:
They said in their forums, that every "core table" (meaning the ones that are released with the game) will always be exclusive to that specific platform while every DLC table might be ported.
Okay, downloading Zen Pinball is on the docket.

I got the original on 360 and hated the physics, it just did not feel natural..

If this feels at all like Pinball Dreams/Fantasies on my Amiga I may cave in and give it a re-try..

I couldn't remember whether XBLA games come out on Tuesday or Wednesday so I checked today. No Pinball yet, but Dream Chronicles came out and some point, and it sucks.

I really hope the new physics make the game playable. Apparently I bought FX 1 when I was drunk recently, so it would be nice to use those tables in FX 2 if it is good.

dejay

Banned
Parallax Scroll said:
I couldn't remember whether XBLA games come out on Tuesday or Wednesday so I checked today. No Pinball yet, but Dream Chronicles came out and some point, and it sucks.

I really hope the new physics make the game playable. Apparently I bought FX 1 when I was drunk recently, so it would be nice to use those tables in FX 2 if it is good.

Wednesdays. Due out on the 27th (which is today for me - should be out in time for me to get home, crack open a beer and have a blast).

I'm looking forward to playing the tables I already have with better physics and graphics. Releasing it for free is a great idea - I hope it works for them. I spent a fair bit of time with some of the tables from the first game but felt it was missing that certain something. If I dig the new feel I'll definitely support Zen by buying more tables.

For some reason I never got Zen Pinball on the PS3 - I don't think I'll bother now that this is coming out.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
I've been sitting on a download code of this for a week... Guess I should probably get it if it's good. =P

Top Bottom