• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation 5 Pro to be first unveiled at Tokyo Game Show 2024 | Gran Turismo 7 and Final Fantasy VII Rebirth available to play

nial

The PlayStation booth will also be the first in the world to unveil the PlayStation 5 Pro to the public. The PS5 Pro is a console that delivers the most beautiful graphics in PlayStation history and offers an innovative gaming experience, and is scheduled to go on sale on Thursday, November 7th. On the public day of Tokyo Game Show 2024, two units will be on display for trial play, and participants will be able to try out either "FINAL FANTASY VII REBIRTH" or "Gran Turismo 7".

01588d753f8e526031e9d55dd5b7c772baed4b66.jpg

Last edited:
The whole idea behind PS5 Pro is to keep the same internal resolution and improve image quality through PSSR. They are not promising higher native resolutions.
Silly question - If you play DLSS 4K Performance (1080p native upscaled to 4K), can pixel counters detect the image was indeed rendering at 1080p?

1080p native looks like a blurry mess when played on a 4K screen. 4K Performance looks fantastic.

Last edited:

ShakenG

Want to see what else they did to GT7. i cant see RT reflections being the only upgrade and since i dont really see PSSR as an upgrade (yet) when it was already native 4k.. i feel like there has to be something more they haven't shown off.

omegasc

It's amazing how much more they can mint old games gt was released in 2022 almost 2.5 years old and now they are selling a new consoles by enabling raytracing in that game.
GT has been a live game since GT Sport.
I think you'll be amazed at where iRacing comes from.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
GT7 is amazing in whatever for. I will be happy to have a Pro version but the base PS5 version is already the best racer ever for me.

If they would port it to PC I would buy it day 1.

Cakeboxer

Exactly. Suddenly it has become the most important for some.
It's been since a long time. I remember people counting leaves on trees and comparing 20 x zoom images when Xbox One and PS4 were released and i bet it was also thing the gen before, but that gen i was just playing games instead of also reading internet forums. Wish i was that smart again :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It's been since a long time. I remember people counting leaves on trees and comparing 20 x zoom images when Xbox One and PS4 were released and i bet it was also thing the gen before, but that gen i was just playing games instead of also reading internet forums. Wish i was that smart again :messenger_grinning_squinting:
It stopped being nearly as important with DLSS, but now it's back baby. Back, better than ever!

Cakeboxer

It stopped being nearly as important with DLSS, but now it's back baby. Back, better than ever!
The series x vs ps5 vs pc comparison videos of all games never stopped. Pro gets mocked at the moment, because of the price tag. Wouldn't be a thing if they wanted 600 Euro. But who cares? Those who mock wouldn't buy a Pro anyways and those who want to buy it, won't change their mind because of some mockery. And who knows, maybe Sony can silence the mockers with a badass presentation of a popular game like Black Myth: Wukong.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The series x vs ps5 vs pc comparison videos of all games never stopped. Pro gets mocked at the moment, because of the price tag. Wouldn't be a thing if they wanted 600 Euro. But who cares? Those who mock wouldn't buy a Pro anyways and those who want to buy it, won't change their mind because of some mockery. And who knows, maybe Sony can silence the mockers with a badass presentation of a popular game like Black Myth: Wukong.
DF were the ones that said pixel counting is unnecessary due to all these reconstruct solutions, that it's the final image that's important. Price has nothing to do with it.

Cakeboxer

DF were the ones that said pixel counting is unnecessary due to all these reconstruct solutions, that it's the final image that's important. Price has nothing to do with it.
Forgive me, but i don't give a fuck about what DF does, thinks or says. People are still bitching about (dynamic) resolutions in 2024. High price tag = high expectations = demanding comparisons.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
So is that when the PS5 Pro will go on preorder at all retailers that sell video game consoles?
From the Blog post

UPDATE: On September 26, 2024, pre-orders will be available directly from PlayStation at direct.playstation.com and at participating retailers in territories where direct.playstation.com isn’t available. On October 10, 2024, pre-orders will be available at all other participating retailers.

omegasc

Yup and to point out as well, in that DF comparison they do a ton of zooming in. We won't be looking at the game that close in. So siting back on my 77" OLED, this is going to be glorious.
24:45
They do say that the 400% zooms are mostly for tablet and mobile phone users though. And that is fair. Even though I usually watch it on big screens, I sometimes have done that on my phone.
Also, in those tech reviews, I think they do need to be picky. They do say it's hard to notice while playing, but some will choose to ignore that.

Top Bottom