• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Went 10-1 using my never let go of L1 trick as sly. If you thought Murray was overpowered before, try it when no one knows where you are.

Being invisible doesn't effect anything, so you can play perfectly normally by holding down L1 all match. Just do a neutral square or any other attack or just let go for a sec when you cant find yourself.

Time was going to play against you but you froze!

Darn, did I? I think I got kicked one match, but that's about it. Had to log off because I got work tomorrow :( Waited all day for this to go up, I wish SB would keep us updated on what's happening, but I think they hate us all for the leaks

I'm not usually great with Parappa but I love playing as him.

KICK PUNCH IT'S ALL IN THE MIND

TIME TA JAM!

Love, love, love the quotes. I really hope there are unlockable taunts lol

^

Oh yeah, played a match with a Sly who taped down L1, he hid, waited for us, and used his Murray Super, taking out 2-3 of us at least 2-3 times
You know, Im really beginning to choose the guys I K.O
I try to play it cool, try not to be too offensive early on, because then you get gunned down. I am beginning to track the scores in my heads and go after the top guy, it's really fun without actually seeing the scores for yourself.

So, do you guys think Sly is OP'd or something? I mean:

1) His invisibility
2) His ability to steal AP by using normal attacks
3) His ability to glide,
4) His Super 1 (and Super 2, Which I find more effective than Parappa's Super 2)
5) He seems to build AP much faster

What do you guys think in terms of adjusting him? Does he need tweaking?

I need to give Sly more of a try, using these advantages to see if he comes off more powerful than he needs to be

That said, I don't recall being able to play too well with Sly, not as well as I do with others, at least

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, do you guys think Sly is OP'd or something? I mean:

1) His invisibility
2) His ability to steal AP by using normal attacks
3) His ability to glide,
4) His Super 1 (and Super 2, Which I find more effective than Parappa's Super 2)
5) He seems to build AP much faster

What do you guys think in terms of adjusting him? Does he need tweaking?

I need to give Sly more of a try, using these advantages to see if he comes off more powerful than he needs to be

That said, I don't recall being able to play too well with Sly, not as well as I do with others, at least
I will always worry about his lack of block 1v1, but as he stands he is un freaking stoppable FFA and I would suspect he would be great 2v2.

I guess it depends on what mode takes priority in balancing.

Spinluck

Went 10-1 using my never let go of L1 trick as sly. If you thought Murray was overpowered before, try it when no one knows where you are.

Being invisible doesn't effect anything, so you can play perfectly normally by holding down L1 all match. Just do a neutral square or any other attack or just let go for a sec when you cant find yourself.

I think if you're invisible for too long with Sly, AP should eventually start to drain. When used right or cheaply, he is really OP. And Murray + Invisible Sly=Kill Mill.

EDIT:

Someone was actually trying to argue that with me that Sly was one of the worst characters due to not being able to block, so he needs an OP'd level 1. This was on the PS Forums. Lol.

SmithnCo

Sly is the only one that seems apparently OP to me now. His level 1, invisibility, and fast electricity attacks that build fast AP.

Sly is the only one that seems apparently OP to me now. His level 1, invisibility, and fast electricity attacks that build fast AP.

This is interesting. At the beginning of the beta I felt the same way. But for awhile now, I've treated/seen him treated as a punching bag as people are used to his level 1 super now. The best Sly I have seen recently managed to pull off his level 2 twice for 3 kills each.

Miutsu

Sorry. did you played as Radec?

lol, yes! that must have been me, I was a little annoyed at getting thrown in the air all the time by Sweet Tooth lvl 1 and the shoulder stomp, doesnt help that I don't play really well in Sandover Village with Radec :p

Edit: Oh, member at last, hadn't noticed

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
lol, yes! that must have been me, I was a little annoyed at getting thrown in the air all the time by Sweet Tooth lvl 1 and the shoulder stomp, doesnt help that I don't play really well in Sandover Village with Radec :p

I hate that stage. I think it is worse stage out of all, along with Hades.

Edited: Congz on that!

I just had an intense match where there were only two kills. Not two kill by me, but two kill period.

I'm pretty sure that was the match I was in. I got my second kill right at the very end but it didn't count because the clock hit 0 right as the kill hit. So, I just ended up with 1 kill and 1 death.

Spinluck

Just had a pretty good Kratos match :)

Even though Sly is OP, he's still very beatable.
It's just too easy to get kills with his Supers.

PSN: Mrp7792-X

I gotta hand it to this guy's combo haha
kratossig.gif

Loudninja

Do you guys use the d-pad or stick to move? I'm kinda surprised to find that I use the d-pad.
The stick.

About the controls
Q13) Can you customize the game’s controls?
A13) If you’re thinking something like what Street Fighter allows you to do, then not quite, but there is some variety.

Oh btw anyone tried to see if the beta supported the arcade stick?

Oh thats what you lol,got my ass kick.

I swear sweet tooth is the only who supers mostly kill only 1 person is so annoying.

Yeah, i got a bit lucky, i was in last place the match before that. Fat P. is the only character where i have at least a slight idea of what i'm doing, but it's great fun nonetheless. Looking forward to the complete game, regardless of certain recent controversies. :)

darkwing

I'm having so much fun with the game even with the limited characters right now

my complaint right now is it's sometimes hard to follow your character even with the big number indicator on top when the action gets chaotic lol

Top Bottom