• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Drencrom

> They really should add some delay to Sly's lvl 1 super, it's too OP atm and Sweet Tooth's shotgun attacks build AP fast as hell, have great knockback, and no delay either. Radec's sniper attack is pretty easy to abuse (spam) also.

> Player color coded super auras, respawn light and death explosions goes without saying.

> They should also display the player username and player number in the introduction of the match because if there's another player with the same character as me I always have to scan in the beginning of the match where and who I am.

> I do think they should tweak the dynamic camera, it zooms out a bit too much when stage hazards are shown like when Hades does his slam and when the golf bolls starts falling in Sandover Village.

Love the beta otherwise, it's so much fun.

Loudninja

Yeah, it's supported. That's what I tried at the started. Didn't like the feel of it at all. It's definitely a pad fighter.

And i'm a D-pad player.
Ah I see thanks.

They really should add some delay to Sly's lvl 1 super, it's too OP atm and Sweet Tooth's shotgun attacks build AP fast as hell, have great knockback, and no delay either. Radec's sniper attack is pretty easy to abuse (spam) also.

Player color coded super auras, respawn light and death explosions goes without saying.

They should also display the player username and player number in the introduction of the match because if there's another player with the same character as me I always have to scan in the beginning of the match where and who I am.
Sweet tooth is fine,his shotgun has garbage range.

He does not need to be tone down in any area!

Ran rp

Just took out Parappa's during his lvl 2 super with Kratos' lvl 1 supper. Felt so good.

Also, the game feels much smoother right, like I'm playing locally and not over the net.

i think around 15 - 25 mb i believe

dear god. my 3g charges 5 cents/MB... omg, ive been using it over the limit for like 2 weeks... ive viewed a couple facebook pics... then disabled images,,, scrolled gaf and some other sites...crap, crap, crap I thought I was 5 cents/GB...IM BONED! anyways, im glad u made the vid, hope some stubborn folks can be open minded about it

how many mb is a text-based website on average??

Metal B

Didn't know which thread to post it in since there's like 3 All-Star threads going on at the same time. But we have a comparison video for those people who still think it plays like Smash Bros.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTshzT2FP9E&feature=plcp

This comparison shows me again one major weak point of PlayStation All-Star: The Sound-Design.
In Smash the attacks, the environment and music all sound much stronger. Attacks feel to have much more impact in Brawl, then in All-Star. The best example in the video are Special Attacks from Samus, Lucario and Link, which feel incredible strong like watching an episode of Dragon Ball Z, in contrast to the special attacks in All-Star, which just sound weak.

Mik_Pad

Banned
This comparison shows me again one major weak point of PlayStation All-Star: The Sound-Design.
In Smash the attacks, the environment and music all sound much stronger. Attacks feel to have much more impact in Brawl, then in All-Star. The best example in the video are Special Attacks from Samus, Lucario and Link, which feel incredible strong like watching an episode of Dragon Ball Z, in contrast to the special attacks in All-Star, which just sound weak.
You are comparing a finished product vs one that has yer to be released.

Ran rp

I'm in a game right now where Parappa's level 3 super didn't skip to his cutscene and didn't kill us so now all of us are stuck except for Parappa and the timer keeps counting down "10... 10... 10...". Hahahahahaha.

jondabomb

Enhacing sound effects and other bells and whistles stuff like that are probably done during the last part of the game's development

I just recieved my beta code! Yay

My PSN ID is emeraldphoenix7, and I think I'll be rockin' Parappa most of the time. I look forward to meeting all of you on the field of battle!

Loudninja

3.Takuya
4.cnizzle06
5. devilwillcry
6. Daniel_Gonzz
7. Donos_de
8. darkwing
9. #1 defender
11. Acquiescence
12. Caffer
13. Cyberia
14. Dusky
15. SoulUnison
16. Chuck Norris
20. murderofMonkey
22. FinKL
23,CerebralTiger
24. Pai Pai Master
25. Sid
26.GMN
27. nitrowolf2
28.Zen
29.WinFonda
30.mauaus
31.pharmboy044
32.Cyborg009
33.Byronic Hero
34.Angelcurio
35.batmandarkknight
36. Cisce
37. Kyon
38. PartTimeWarrior
39. maxte
Catalix
40. YoungOne
31.Noi
42.Order
43.libregkd
44.Shadowlink
45.spindashing
36.elektrixx
47.KillGore
48.upJTboogie
49.sponge
50.-Cade
51.Out_Of_Ammo
52.Itchy//Tasty
53.Archon473
54.Firequake
55.Captain_Spanky
56.De-mon
57.xptoxyz
58.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
60.mohsinkhan
61.jaxpunk
62.Hyuga
Wuthering_Heights
Zeroth Point Break
63.Equus Bellator Apex
64.Revven
65.paskowitz
66.FrenchMovieTheme
67.Spy
68.Dynamic3
69.RetroGamer42
70.Friedreich
Metamuprhy
71.Penguin
72.Tratorn
73.HiddenWings
74.MaxwellGT2000
75.Sephiroth503
76.ShabbadooJr
77.Xater
78.Gear2nd_PK
79.JazzmanZ
80.Ichor

KevinCow

Banned
Oh hells yes. I just figured out a great use for Sweet Tooth's level 2.

If there's a group of guys beating each other up, drop in on them with a ground pound to launch them, then immediately do your super. Since it starts at a 45 degree angle, it'll automatically head right towards them. Then you can adjust the aim slightly as necessary.

Not as great as other level 2s, but not as useless as I initially thought.

darkwing

PSY・S;40446129 said:
I'm in a game right now where Parappa's level 3 super didn't skip to his cutscene and didn't kill us so now all of us are stuck except for Parappa and the timer keeps counting down "10... 10... 10...". Hahahahahaha.

it's a common bug, i don't do his level 3 because of that lol

Oh hells yes. I just figured out a great use for Sweet Tooth's level 2.

If there's a group of guys beating each other up, drop in on them with a ground pound to launch them, then immediately do your super. Since it starts at a 45 degree angle, it'll automatically head right towards them. Then you can adjust the aim slightly as necessary.

Not as great as other level 2s, but not as useless as I initially thought.

I'll have to try that
on you
!
O_O

Ran rp

I'm always juggling people with Kratos. So good. And KevinCow is a beast with Sweet Tooth.

Edit. I'm SuP3RiViAIN btw for anyone who's in my games.

k_Reign

I thought it was mentioned that the beta would end around 3 am sunday moring EST.

Also It's interesting note: it seems the characters are starting to match there emotions for winning or losing now.

It's still been messed up for me today. I don't think they've fixed anything.

Gorillaz

Also my biggest problem with he game is how the lack of reverse/blocking supers. They can be dodged but barely yet there is no real way to reserve one in it's tracks unless it you use yours at the sametime as somebody else.

Idk that is the one mechanic that is seriously missing in this.

3.Takuya
4.cnizzle06
5. devilwillcry
6. Daniel_Gonzz
7. Donos_de
8. darkwing
9. #1 defender
10. Desmond
11. Acquiescence
12. Caffer
13. Cyberia
14. Dusky
15. SoulUnison
16. Chuck Norris
20. murderofMonkey
22. FinKL
23,CerebralTiger
24. Pai Pai Master
25. Sid
26.GMN
27. nitrowolf2
28.Zen
29.WinFonda
30.mauaus
31.pharmboy044
32.Cyborg009
33.Byronic Hero
34.Angelcurio
35.batmandarkknight
36. Cisce
37. Kyon
38. PartTimeWarrior
39. maxte
Catalix
40. YoungOne
31.Noi
42.Order
43.libregkd
44.Shadowlink
45.spindashing
36.elektrixx
47.KillGore
48.upJTboogie
49.sponge
50.-Cade
51.Out_Of_Ammo
52.Itchy//Tasty
53.Archon473
54.Firequake
55.Captain_Spanky
56.De-mon
57.xptoxyz
58.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
60.mohsinkhan
61.jaxpunk
62.Hyuga
Wuthering_Heights
Zeroth Point Break
63.Equus Bellator Apex
64.Revven
65.paskowitz
66.FrenchMovieTheme
67.Spy
68.Dynamic3
69.RetroGamer42
70.Friedreich
71.Penguin
72.Tratorn
73.HiddenWings
74.MaxwellGT2000
75.Sephiroth503
76.ShabbadooJr
77.Xater
78.Gear2nd_PK
79.JazzmanZ
80.Ichor

where did I go? -.-

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=40372863&postcount=700

jondabomb

Just got it and i feel overwhelmed by how many attacks there are. I feel like I have to play multiple times with a character just to get to know his attacks so I can be effective with them

SmithnCo

Just got it and i feel overwhelmed by how many attacks there are. I feel like I have to play multiple times with a character just to get to know his attacks so I can be effective with them

The good part is you don't have to memorize stick motions and buttons like in SF and a lot of other fighters.

Ran rp

This game really is great. I'm experiencing a ton of network errors and glitches (which are expected in a beta) but the gameplay is so tight and some matches become so intense that I never want to quit playing. Great work, SuperBot.

jondabomb

The good part is you don't have to memorize stick motions and buttons like in SF and a lot of other fighters.

It's definitely easier than games like street fighter or mortal kombat, but its way deeper than smash bros. I just wish I had a practice mode right now to test out the moves

Loudninja

It's definitely easier than games like street fighter or mortal kombat, but its way deeper than smash bros. I just wish I had a practice mode right now to test out the moves
Each button use for combat has 2 attacks each.

Standing still gives you different attacks than moving.

SmithnCo

I have a feeling that watching 1v1 of this game is going to be a lot more fun than watching Melee for example, just because there are actual combos and not just wavedashing hijinks. That one Kratos combo gif makes me want to see what crazy stuff will be in the full game.

Top Bottom