• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Desmond

Got a PM from Clock. Hope I replied quick enough. He sent it 45 mins ago.

wooooo
Does it matter that I gave him my EU account details? Does it matter ? :O

Desmond

I'm not sure if he's following the list. Downloading now. Will go to bed and play tomorrow morning.

He just asked for my ID. Redeem the code on a US account. It wouldn't work on my irish one.

Loudninja

Please tell me or PM me if you got a code so I can removed you.
1.Takuya
2.cnizzle06
3. devilwillcry
Man-is-Obsolete
4. Daniel_Gonzz
5. Donos_de
6. Acquiescence
7. Caffer
8. Cyberia
9. Dusky
10. SoulUnison
11. Chuck Norris
12. murderofMonkey
13. FinKL
14,CerebralTiger
15.Pai Pai Master
16. Sid
17.GMN
18. nitrowolf2
19.Zen
20.WinFonda
21.mauaus
22.pharmboy044
23.Byronic Hero
24.Angelcurio
25.batmandarkknight
26. Cisce
27. Kyon
28. PartTimeWarrior
29. maxte
30.Catalix
31.YoungOne
32.Noi
33.Order
34.libregkd
35.Shadowlink
36.spindashing
37.elektrixx
38.KillGore
39.upJTboogie
40.sponge
41.-Cade
42.Out_Of_Ammo
43.Itchy//Tasty
44.Archon473
45.Firequake
46.Captain_Spanky
47.De-mon
48.xptoxyz
49.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
51.mohsinkhan
52.jaxpunk
53.Hyuga
54.Wuthering_Heights
55.Zeroth Point Break
56.Equus Bellator Apex
57.Revven
58.paskowitz
59.FrenchMovieTheme
60.Spy
61.Dynamic3
62.RetroGamer42
63.Friedreich
64.Metamuprhy
65.Penguin
66.Tratorn
67.HiddenWings
68.MaxwellGT2000
69.Sephiroth503
70.ShabbadooJr
71.Xater
72.Gear2nd_PK
73.JazzmanZ
74.Ichor

3.Takuya
4.cnizzle06
5. devilwillcry
6. Daniel_Gonzz
7. Donos_de
9. #1 defender
11. Acquiescence
12. Caffer
13. Cyberia
14. Dusky
15. SoulUnison
16. Chuck Norris
20. murderofMonkey
22. FinKL
23,CerebralTiger
24. Pai Pai Master
25. Sid
26.GMN
27. nitrowolf2
28.Zen
29.WinFonda
30.mauaus
31.pharmboy044
32.Cyborg009
33.Byronic Hero
34.Angelcurio
35.batmandarkknight
36. Cisce
37. Kyon
38. PartTimeWarrior
39. maxte
Catalix
40. YoungOne
31.Noi
42.Order
43.libregkd
44.Shadowlink
45.spindashing
36.elektrixx
47.KillGore
48.upJTboogie
49.sponge
50.-Cade
51.Out_Of_Ammo
52.Itchy//Tasty
53.Archon473
54.Firequake
55.Captain_Spanky
56.De-mon
57.xptoxyz
58.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
60.mohsinkhan
61.jaxpunk
62.Hyuga
Wuthering_Heights
Zeroth Point Break
63.Equus Bellator Apex
64.Revven
65.paskowitz
66.FrenchMovieTheme
67.Spy
68.Dynamic3
69.RetroGamer42
70.Friedreich
Metamuprhy
71.Penguin
72.Tratorn
73.HiddenWings
74.MaxwellGT2000
75.Sephiroth503
76.ShabbadooJr
77.Xater
78.Gear2nd_PK
79.JazzmanZ
80.Ichor

thanks for adding me broham!

Were you on a list? Because I never asked to be on a list...

But I haven't received a code from Click. :(

I feel your pain, I haven't received a code either. But I'm hoping that I will at least get a code at some point of the beta. I wouldn't be surprised if a large majority of the list ends up getting in. :)

Believe.

Ran rp

I feel your pain, I haven't received a code either. But I'm hoping that I will at least get a code at some point of the beta. I wouldn't be surprised if a large majority of the list ends up getting in. :)

Believe.

A lot of people on the list have already gotten in, it's just that so many more people are being added.

PSY・S;40453566 said:
A lot of people on the list have already gotten in, it's just that so many more people are being added.

Of course, when I added myself to the list I was in the late 60s and now I'm actually 36 so I'm not denying that the list is going down.

I have a feeling that watching 1v1 of this game is going to be a lot more fun than watching Melee for example, just because there are actual combos and not just wavedashing hijinks. That one Kratos combo gif makes me want to see what crazy stuff will be in the full game.

I have had some 1 on 1 time with enemies, and my god, it really is amazing. It's a lot of blocking, dodging, finding the open, tricking your opponent, getting in combos, it's fantastically fast, smooth, and slick.

I am telling u guys, 1v1 is what FGC calls "Hype"

2 v 2 is also going to be great, and FFA with modes like VIP (where u have to kill the VIP for extra points) is going to be awesome

I really do think the 1 on 1 has some good legs.

EDIT: If ever there are Gaffers in a game together, let's have a truce and focus on a 1v1, just to see how intense it can get

I asked earlier in the thread but it wasn't addressed because there was some other excitement going on. However, do you guys in the Beta think that if the invisibility of Sly was replaced with the same block and evade as other characters that would be enough to balance the character? Is that something folks would be okay with?

Boss Man

I have had some 1 on 1 time with enemies, and my god, it really is amazing. It's a lot of blocking, dodging, finding the open, tricking your opponent, getting in combos, it's fantastically fast, smooth, and slick.

I am telling u guys, 1v1 is what FGC calls "Hype"

2 v 2 is also going to be great, and FFA with modes like VIP (where u have to kill the VIP for extra points) is going to be awesome

I really do think the 1 on 1 has some good legs.

EDIT: If ever there are Gaffers in a game together, let's have a truce and focus on a 1v1, just to see how intense it can get
1v1 is indeed going to be very intense. Especially if you can change up the rules to limit it to level 3 (or maybe level 1?) supers only, or whatever else might make it more interesting.

As much fun as I'm having with the beta, I do see myself sticking mostly to 2v2 and 1v1 as far as pure fighting is concerned. Stuff like capture the flag is probably going to be sweet as well.

Clockw0rk sent me a code! I had to set up a US account because it wouldn't work on my UK one, but I'm downloading the beta right now. Removing myself from the list...

1.Takuya
2.cnizzle06
3. devilwillcry
Man-is-Obsolete
4. Daniel_Gonzz
5. Donos_de
7. Caffer
8. Cyberia
9. Dusky
10. SoulUnison
11. Chuck Norris
12. murderofMonkey
13. FinKL
14,CerebralTiger
15.Pai Pai Master
16. Sid
17.GMN
18. nitrowolf2
19.Zen
20.WinFonda
21.mauaus
22.pharmboy044
23.Byronic Hero
24.Angelcurio
25.batmandarkknight
26. Cisce
27. Kyon
28. PartTimeWarrior
29. maxte
30.Catalix
31.YoungOne
32.Noi
33.Order
34.libregkd
35.Shadowlink
36.spindashing
37.elektrixx
38.KillGore
39.upJTboogie
40.sponge
41.-Cade
42.Out_Of_Ammo
43.Itchy//Tasty
44.Archon473
45.Firequake
46.Captain_Spanky
47.De-mon
48.xptoxyz
49.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
51.mohsinkhan
52.jaxpunk
53.Hyuga
54.Wuthering_Heights
55.Zeroth Point Break
56.Equus Bellator Apex
57.Revven
58.paskowitz
59.FrenchMovieTheme
60.Spy
61.Dynamic3
62.RetroGamer42
63.Friedreich
64.Metamuprhy
65.Penguin
66.Tratorn
67.HiddenWings
68.MaxwellGT2000
69.Sephiroth503
70.ShabbadooJr
71.Xater
72.Gear2nd_PK
73.JazzmanZ
74.Ichor

1v1 is indeed going to be very intense. Especially if you can change up the rules to limit it to level 3 (or maybe level 1?) supers only, or whatever else might make it more interesting.

As much fun as I'm having with the beta, I do see myself sticking mostly to 2v2 and 1v1 as far as pure fighting is concerned. Stuff like capture the flag is probably going to be sweet as well.

I'm sure that "limiting which supers you can use" thing will be in. But I can already see me and my friend playing locally and making up rules on all sorts of things haha. And I secretly like when the beta glitches and we get to play in a Pseudo 1 v 1 game. The blocking and dodging and looking for openings is an intense blast.

I know you are lurking, while you're here drop a code in my box and tell me via PM Kat is in the game....I won't tell.

'splain?

Think he means the multiplier of collecting AP orbs

As for Sly, I dont mind his invisibility, but I really do think it should be temporary, for maybe 15 or so seconds before having a cooldown. Or, the simplest solution, adjust his super 1/meter gain.

Ask again, would this solve Sly's balance?

I asked earlier in the thread but it wasn't addressed because there was some other excitement going on. However, do you guys in the Beta think that if the invisibility of Sly was replaced with the same block and evade as other characters that would be enough to balance the character? Is that something folks would be okay with?

Edit: Ha, thanks TimeEffect lol

KevinCow

Banned
I don't find Sly particularly unbalanced... but maybe I just haven't played a very good one.

I think his lack of blocking will be a much bigger weakness in 1v1.

I think it would be better if either there was a timer for the invisibility, or it starts draining AP after a while like someone suggested earlier. I wouldn't want them to take it out fully because it is unique to the character.

I wouldn't mind that either-- losing AP. He also has the ability to steal AP with normal moves, so it'd be a good balance. Or maybe, if he gets hit while invisible, he suffers a consequence of having to have to go through a cool down. Lots of way to tweak Sly.

I said before Parappa was low tier, but I'm quite enjoying him now that I discovered his aerial moves. I still think his super 2 needs to be slightly longer, since Fat Princess has a better Super 2. Parappa's Super 3 doesn't feel worth getting to me, maybe it's just me, but it seems easier to chain his super 2's

And congrats, acquiescence, I hope u like it :)

Ask again, would this solve Sly's balance?

Edit: Ha, thanks TimeEffect lol

don't remove it but a timer something, in fact I'll take a better outline because on the background of some levels that asshole just straight up disappears and when nobody can see you why would you need to block?

I wouldn't mind that either-- losing AP. He also has the ability to steal AP with normal moves, so it'd be a good balance. Or maybe, if he gets hit while invisible, he suffers a consequence of having to have to go through a cool down. Lots of way to tweak Sly.

I said before Parappa was low tier, but I'm quite enjoying him now that I discovered his aerial moves. I still think his super 2 needs to be slightly longer, since Fat Princess has a better Super 2. Parappa's Super 3 doesn't feel worth getting to me, maybe it's just me, but it seems easier to chain his super 2's

And congrats, acquiescence, I hope u like it :)

Parappa is definitely lower tier but I still love the dude. And yeah the time it takes to get his level 3 makes it almost meaningless but I always rap along to it if I do it or if somebody else does it.
His lvl 2 definitely needs a few more seconds to make him more competitive, plus to make up for the fact his lvl 3 is capped.

Cool thanks for the impressions, sounds like Sly is a character that could...sneak...up on ya and just have to pay a little more attention. That sly thief.

I don't find Sly particularly unbalanced... but maybe I just haven't played a very good one.

I think his lack of blocking will be a much bigger weakness in 1v1.

Well if they come through with their word, and if the leaks are any hint, thank SuperGods for a myriad of customization options. I think they practically gave us the toolbox to really tweak balance, at least for offline/party play.

Ran rp

I think Fat Princess gains a level 2 super too quickly. Every game I've had against her she'd use that damn chicken like three times in a row and rack up a crazy amount of kills.

Im terrible at combos with him but my go to combo is mic pull > Neu Square. lmao thats it.

Ha, use his aerial moves, and direction + circle. Very good moves.

The ones I've been using were featured in superbot's combo video haha.
Parappa is my 2nd favorite behind Radec :D

Me too! Radec is great, I do like him a lot, and I notice a lot of enemies go after u immediatley now if u spam. Parappa is my little underdog (pun intended), though I just disscovered the awesomeness of Sweet Tooth

Congratulations on getting a code! I hope you enjoy the beta. :)

Thanks man. I only played a couple of matches as PaRappa so far, but I can already tell it's great fun.

Problem is - I think PaRappa's level 3 destroys the connection or glitches things up.

Boss Man

I think it's telling that everyone was calling Sweet Tooth underpowered in the beginning, and now some people are calling him overpowered.

Shit's deep.

I think it's telling that everyone was calling Sweet Tooth underpowered in the beginning, and now some people are calling him overpowered.

Shit's deep.

I think its clear that none of the 6 characters in beta is really underpowered. Everyone has something great going for them. Only balance issue that irks me is Slys fuckin lvl 1 that makes him lil above others. I dunno how he will fare in 1on1 since there invisibility is not nearly as good and blockin might be more used.

If I had to at gunpoint choose 1 underpowered character it wouldn't be Sweet Tooth. More likely Parappa and even he is very good. Parappas lvl 1 is way better than people are saying imo.

You haven't seen glitch until you watch someone do Sly's lvl 3.

I have, first match! Lol, it borked the camera. Thankfully it was near the end so it wasn't too much of a problem.

I know this is a beta, but geeeez I've played four matches now and I've only properly completed 1 of them.

Top Bottom