• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Loudninja

Let me add or removed you guys myself you don't have to do it.
Please tell me or PM me if you got a code so I can removed you.
1.Takuya
2.cnizzle06
3. devilwillcry
4. Daniel_Gonzz
5. Donos_de
7. Caffer
8. Cyberia
9. Dusky
10. SoulUnison
11. Chuck Norris
12. murderofMonkey
13. FinKL
14,CerebralTiger
15.Pai Pai Master
16. Sid
17.GMN

19.Zen
20.WinFonda
21.mauaus
22.pharmboy044
23.Byronic Hero
24.Angelcurio
25.batmandarkknight
26. Cisce
27. Kyon
28. PartTimeWarrior
29. maxte
30.Catalix
31.YoungOne
32.Noi
33.Order
34.libregkd
35.Shadowlink
36.spindashing
37.elektrixx
38.KillGore
39.upJTboogie
40.sponge
41.-Cade
42.Out_Of_Ammo
43.Itchy//Tasty
44.Archon473
45.Firequake
46.Captain_Spanky
47.De-mon
48.xptoxyz
49.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
51.mohsinkhan
52.jaxpunk
53.Hyuga
54.Wuthering_Heights
55.Zeroth Point Break
56.Equus Bellator Apex
57.Revven
58.paskowitz
59.FrenchMovieTheme
60.Spy
61.Dynamic3
62.RetroGamer42
63.Friedreich
64.Metamuprhy
65.Penguin
66.Tratorn
67.HiddenWings
68.MaxwellGT2000
69.Sephiroth503
70.ShabbadooJr
71.Xater
72.Gear2nd_PK
73.JazzmanZ
74.Ichor
75.brucewaynegretzky
76.netguy503
77.Charmicarmicat
78.Spy

So the 2nd, 3rd and 4th matches were totally borked, but I just won both the 5th and 6th matches with PaRappa! I'm already in love with this game.

My dummy account name is TheEnvyCorps by the way, if anyone wants to keep an eye out for me.

netguy503

Let me removed them you guys don't have to do it yourself.
1.Takuya
2.cnizzle06
3. devilwillcry
Man-is-Obsolete
4. Daniel_Gonzz
5. Donos_de
7. Caffer
8. Cyberia
9. Dusky
10. SoulUnison
11. Chuck Norris
12. murderofMonkey
13. FinKL
14,CerebralTiger
15.Pai Pai Master
16. Sid
17.GMN
18. nitrowolf2
19.Zen
20.WinFonda
21.mauaus
22.pharmboy044
23.Byronic Hero
24.Angelcurio
25.batmandarkknight
26. Cisce
27. Kyon
28. PartTimeWarrior
29. maxte
30.Catalix
31.YoungOne
32.Noi
33.Order
34.libregkd
35.Shadowlink
36.spindashing
37.elektrixx
38.KillGore
39.upJTboogie
40.sponge
41.-Cade
42.Out_Of_Ammo
43.Itchy//Tasty
44.Archon473
45.Firequake
46.Captain_Spanky
47.De-mon
48.xptoxyz
49.KalBalboa
59.Lexxon
51.mohsinkhan
52.jaxpunk
53.Hyuga
54.Wuthering_Heights
55.Zeroth Point Break
56.Equus Bellator Apex
57.Revven
58.paskowitz
59.FrenchMovieTheme
60.Spy
61.Dynamic3
62.RetroGamer42
63.Friedreich
64.Metamuprhy
65.Penguin
66.Tratorn
67.HiddenWings
68.MaxwellGT2000
69.Sephiroth503
70.ShabbadooJr
71.Xater
72.Gear2nd_PK
73.JazzmanZ
74.Ichor
75.brucewaynegretzky
76. Netguy503

I added myself. I would like a Beta code too. You know we could all make dummy account and do this list two at a time, right?

I asked earlier in the thread but it wasn't addressed because there was some other excitement going on. However, do you guys in the Beta think that if the invisibility of Sly was replaced with the same block and evade as other characters that would be enough to balance the character? Is that something folks would be okay with?

Only thing Sly needs changing at the time is his ridicilous lvl 1 super. Other things I cannot really adress before seeing how he works in 1vs1.

Basically how normal melee supers in beta seem to work:

Parappa: 0,5 sec delay. Not much range but it covers some air in front of him.
Kratos: 1+ sec delay. Has decent range but hits pretty low.
Fat Princess: 1+ sec delay. Decent range but hits pretty low.
Sly: 0,5 sec delay. Decent range, hits higher than Kratos or FP.

It feels that if you are paying attention and are not set up for it you can dodge Kratos or Fat P cause you can see them coming. Parappa is very fast and hard to dodge but it has no range.

Sly on the other hand has VERY fast super that has the range of Kratos and FP but hitsh higher than them so jumping is not as valid against it.

SmithnCo

Anyone have this happen? I was playing FP and she was carrying around one of the bombs that you drop with down circle. It didn't explode or anything and I couldn't throw it.

KevinCow

Banned
Its the only topic where this could be done.

If not in the beta topic than where?

Its not realistic at all to expect it not to be posted when its been done so many times in other betas.

You could edit one post to keep it updated and link to it instead of posting the giant list constantly. Something like this:

~~ BETA CODE WAITING LIST ~~
Please PM me if you get a code so I can remove you.

But Corporate Cheerleader rightfully pointed out that posting a gigantic list several times on every page is kinda disruptive.

Jesus, Sweet Tooth and Radec are so friggin' good. Radec's forward triangle and forward square are particularly awesome.

I just had a great game with Sweet Tooth (13 kills 4 deaths in overtime). My only compitition was a Radec who kept sniping and grenading people from across the map for easy AP.

So the 2nd, 3rd and 4th matches were totally borked, but I just won both the 5th and 6th matches with PaRappa! I'm already in love with this game.

My dummy account name is TheEnvyCorps by the way, if anyone wants to keep an eye out for me.
You can use your EU account to play. I just used my america store to get it and I play with my EU one.

SmithnCo

You get kills with Sly's Level 2 is way way to easily more than any other characters in the beta.

Doesn't last that long thankfully, though it is a lot better than most other level 2s. Parappa's is too short. FP's might have more kill potential but is harder to use I think.

Lol, I can't wait for this game. Just reading the impressions and how every feels every character is strong in this initial 6 just makes me that much more excited to see the rest of the cast.

Loudninja

To think we still have over 14 characters with different playstyles we have have yet to test.

They need to slow him down, hes like a freaking bullet in the air! he can literally go from one side of the stage to the other like 4 times before his level 2 ends.
Yeah his speed needs to be slowed down.

KevinCow

Banned
What.

I just played a match where Radec used his level 3 and killed Fat Princess. But Fat Princess didn't disappear, even after she respawned again. So for the rest of the match, there was an extra Fat Princess just standing there.

Just played KevinCow lol

Who were you?

Now look at my boy Sweet tooth.

Is lv1 has garbage range and rarely gets more than 1 kills.

His level 2 leaves him wide open,but man I make him work!

I can dodge it much easier,Sly bombard you with bombs while flying.

I actually find his Level 1 pretty good, he can ricochet his enemies for double-triple KOs lol.

But it's a but glitchy and they need to give a better indicator IMO, maybe make his hand glow or something

I've seen some nice super countering with other supers, pretty cool stuff.

Now look at my boy Sweet tooth.

Is lv1 has garbage range and rarely gets more than 1 kills.

His level 2 leaves him wide open,but man I make him work!

I can dodge it much easier,Sly bombard you with bombs while flying.

I have succesfully air dodged his bombs. Just remember to run towards him and not away from him. When he is close jump and try to time it just right. Usually Sly wont come after you anymore but continues to go towards the others that usually run away from him.

Basically Fat Princess lvl 2 is much more mindgames than Sly who just spams the bombs and you can see when they would hit you.

HiiiLife

What.

I just played a match where Radec used his level 3 and killed Fat Princess. But Fat Princess didn't disappear, even after she respawned again. So for the rest of the match, there was an extra Fat Princess just standing there.

Who were you?

Fat princess.

Loudninja

I actually find his Level 1 pretty good, he can ricochet his enemies for double-triple KOs lol.

But it's a but glitchy and they need to give a better indicator IMO, maybe make his hand glow or something

I've seen some nice super countering with other supers, pretty cool stuff.
Yeah I like his level one but man you have to be very close I missed that one so many times lol.

Gorillaz

Kind of hype to see how it is on launch and all the modes they will add. Like how will King of the Hill work? lol

EDIT: woops meant CTF

Oh man CTF is going to be so much fun.

Has that ever been dong in this type of game?

I don't think it's ever been done (at least not in SSBB or any fighting games that I've played) but I really can't wait to play four player offline CTF, it's going to be absolute chaos and so hilarious.

Gorillaz

I hope it is easy to party up and switch between modes. Maybe have a randomizer that picks a mode at random too.

Can't see it being that bad since it's only dealing with AT MOST 4 players. Tho host migrations are my biggest concerns. Fighting games are notorious for having rage quitters online.

Top Bottom