• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

MoeB

I'm jealous of the US/EU gaffers who were lucky enough to get in.

image.php

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Imagine any super on Dojo :p It's Final Destination-tier

True. But its those long lasting supers that are really going to be crazy. you could get like six kills with chicken and like 9 with god mode.

Who's alphaman 22? I notice potatoman posts heretoo. Nice glitchy match there lol. I was winning!

Was it the one with the level threes all glitched out? That was crazy, and poor Radac was stuck in place.

Desmond

True. But its those long lasting supers that are really going to be crazy. you could get like six kills with chicken and like 9 with god mode.

Was it the one with the level threes all glitched out? That was crazy, and poor Radac was stuck in place.
Yep, I was the other parappa.

Dammit people, if ur going to do supers and have a choice, go after the guy clearly in first place!

And Sly, STOP MOCKING ME!

Kratos had super 3, I was Sweet Tooth, the other two went invisible, and one taunted in the end lol

Ran rp

Dammit people, if ur going to do supers and have a choice, go after the guy clearly in first place!

And Sly, STOP MOCKING ME!

Kratos had super 3, I was Sweet Tooth, the other two went invisible, and one taunted in the end lol

Did I just play you? The damn Slys went invisible on me >:/

I GOT COMBOS & SET UPS with my WIFE FP

Lol, she is starting to become the darling of a lot of people now.

Also what's your combo?

Mine is side square, up square, jump, up triangle.

Also I like to lead in from the air with a side circle and come down into a side triangle, or the above combo.

solidus51

Banned
Lol, she is starting to become the darling of a lot of people now.

Also what's your combo?

Mine is side square, up square, jump, up triangle.

Also I like to lead in from the air with a side circle and come down into a side triangle, or the above combo.
I like to do side O on ground the side square when it pops up I juggle with side square then end with side triangle.
I really like to do short jump neutral air twice then neutral triangle on the ground then over O to down triangle

I like to do side O on ground the side square when it pops up I juggle with side square then end with side triangle.
I really like to do short jump neutral air twice then neutral triangle on the ground then over O to down triangle

Good stuff. I love that combos in this game aren't baked into the game like say Mortal Kombat. Allows people to get really creative with their combos, and makes it to where even the same character can play very differently depending on the person.

I am going to use only Parappa for tonight. Will try to work through all the characters and offer up my Noobie Brawler opinion on each.

PSY・S;40486983 said:
Did I just play you? The damn Slys went invisible on me >:/

I did play u a couple times.

Fat P went ham and got 4 kills with Supe 2, and then about 3 more again with another super 2. I like that some people begin to target the 1st place player now, to drop their scores

solidus51

Banned
Good stuff. I love that combos in this game aren't baked into the game like say Mortal Kombat. Allows people to get really creative with their combos, and makes it to where even the same character can play very differently depending on the person.

I am going to use only Parappa for tonight. Will try to work through all the characters and offer up my Noobie Brawler opinion on each.

Yea that's why I can't wait for 1v1s so I can test combos,setups, and techs

Boss Man

GAF should actually be pretty good at this game when it comes out, seeing as how we've got these beta codes.

I just hope some of our feedback makes it in.

HiiiLife

Lol, had this happen last night. Dude at first didn't know what was going on then *lightbulb* moves the camera to the top of the screen leaving everyone off screen lol.

I don't blame him. I probably would've done the same. Lol. I just can't wait for the final product. Damn connection issues need to get sorted hopefully

Post stats. I'd really like to see a list of feats done per game.

For example,

"Most KO's"
"Purple Heart"
"Longest Combo"
"Most Defense"
"Most Offense"
"Most air time"
"Most AP Collected"
"Most failed Supers"
"Best Grappler"

398203-wwf-attitude-playstation-screenshot-statisticss.png

^ WWF Attitude, every game broke down the match in stats like this, it was real fun

It'd be awesome to see something that deep, and it'd be awesome to be trash talking throughout it all

Gorillaz

Fatty P's super lvl 2 needs less time. It last a little too long imo

Also radec's movesets don't feel really useful unless from a distance.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! How Dare you!

It's actually fairly easy to get away from though, I have evaded it quite a bit.

I think all supers should stay the same or some should be strengthened. For instance Sweet Tooths level 2 could be a lot better and Parappa's Level 2 could last a bit longer. They should buff up to balance, not nerf, outside of Sly's Level 1. That needs a slight nerf in the form of a longer pause at the beginning signaling it's coming and shortening the distance.

Buff up, don't nerf!

SmithnCo

Yeah, I think Fatty P's is fairly easy to dodge, so you have to use mind games with it and catch people as they jump and stuff.

I do think Parappa's level 2 could be a little longer though.

Gorillaz

NOOOOOOOO!!!! How Dare you!

It's actually fairly easy to get away from though, I have evaded it quite a bit.

I think all supers should stay the same or some should be strengthened. For instance Sweet Tooths level 2 could be a lot better and Parappa's Level 2 could last a bit longer. They should buff up to balance, not nerf, outside of Sly's Level 1. That needs a slight nerf in the form of a longer pause at the beginning signaling it's coming and shortening the distance.

Buff up, don't nerf!

Honestly nothing really needs to be buffed but a little of everything esp. Sly needs a nerf. It will be rough when everyone plays the beta/demo in a few weeks.

Honestly nothing really needs to be buffed but a little of everything esp. Sly needs a nerf. It will be rough when everyone plays the beta/demo in a few weeks.

You and I are looking at the problem from two different ways.

You want to make it harder to get kills for everyone in a sense, yet that is the only way to win in this game.

I want every character to feel OP and easy to get kills IF timed right.

Those are two different ways to go about balance, but one is a lot more fun for this type of game, IMO.

Gorillaz

You and I are looking at the problem from two different ways.

You want to make it harder to get kills for everyone in a sense, yet that is the only way to win in this game.

I want every character to feel OP and easy to get kills IF timed right.

Those are two different ways to go about balance, but one is a lot more fun for this type of game, IMO.

You are right that we are looking at it differently.

How long have we had this beta? it's barely been a week. Most of us are still in the "honeymoon" phase of the game were people think everything is sunshine and perfect.

Im stating that when everyone gets online in the next 2-3 weeks through ps plus... they will exploit the hell out of most of the things we think are "balanced".You will see what I mean when everyone is online...not just us gaffers and people through a HK account.

Let the beta and gameplay altogether sink in....you will come around. For what it is now it's pretty good but still needs balancing.

You are right that we are looking at it differently.

How long have we had this beta? it's barely been a week. Most of us are still in the "honeymoon" phase of the game were people think everything is sunshine and perfect.

Im stating that when everyone gets online in the next 2-3 weeks through ps plus... they will exploit the hell out of most of the things we think are "balanced".You will see what I mean when everyone is online...not just us gaffers and people through a HK account.

Let the beta and gameplay altogether sink in....you will come around. For what it is now it's pretty good but still needs balancing.

Agree to disagree, I think it is more fun that every characters plays like they are overpowered and has cheap moves and such.

You have piqued my interest though, what exploits exactly are you worried about?

Also radec's movesets don't feel really useful unless from a distance.

Played a Fat Princess that got 4 (or was it 5?) KOs with her Super 2. But generally, it's easy to dodge.

At first I thought Parappa was a waste because he wasn't worth it, but I'm really, really digging him all over again. Got a 3 in 1 with his Super 1, though generally, his Super 2 is where it is at. He has a pretty good offense, surprisingly, if you are able to do well taking a few pot shots. His super 2 is woefully shorter than Fat P's, if you miss, you can almost kiss a 3 K-O goodbye. But, when you got your foes lined up or when they are all in one direction, he is guaranteed 3 kills, and unlike Fat P's, you just have to touch them.

Radec's moveset in CQC is actually pretty good too, but you really have to approach him differently. This is why this game is so incredible:

With Radec, block! Pop up that shield when the enemy inevitably closes the gap on you. From there, grapple them to devastate their AP, or use the invisible grenade. I really like his aerial gun blast and if you want a combo of sorts, keep hitting square and then blast with triangle (triple fire gun). You have to anticipate with Radec in close quarters and be able to dodge and wait for that opening. Amazing to play as

What do u guys think of evade being moved to something like L2? I ask this because having to first block to then roll seems to slow down the need to evade immediately. I dont know if this is done on purpose or not, but I wonder how the game would play if we could evade instantaneously. Hopefully, they add that in for at least one character, the way they made Sly so different

KevinCow

Banned
What the fuck? Is Radec's level 1 homing? I swear I was nowhere near the fucking thing, and it curved out of its way to hit me.

Top Bottom