• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

k_Reign

What the fuck? Is Radec's level 1 homing? I swear I was nowhere near the fucking thing, and it curved out of its way to hit me.

Yeah, if you target over someone it homes, otherwise it is just a straight shot.

Nice match, I was just one point short of us having an overtime, hahah. Couldn't build a level 3 fast enough.

Since you can never be sure with these thread titles, how is the online play in terms of lag? I'm aware of the connection issues, but oblivious to the actual quality of online performance

Played a Fat Princess that got 4 (or was it 5?) KOs with her Super 2. But generally, it's easy to dodge.

At first I thought Parappa was a waste because he wasn't worth it, but I'm really, really digging him all over again. Got a 3 in 1 with his Super 1, though generally, his Super 2 is where it is at. He has a pretty good offense, surprisingly, if you are able to do well taking a few pot shots. His super 2 is woefully shorter than Fat P's, if you miss, you can almost kiss a 3 K-O goodbye. But, when you got your foes lined up or when they are all in one direction, he is guaranteed 3 kills, and unlike Fat P's, you just have to touch them.

Radec's moveset in CQC is actually pretty good too, but you really have to approach him differently. This is why this game is so incredible:

With Radec, block! Pop up that shield when the enemy inevitably closes the gap on you. From there, grapple them to devastate their AP, or use the invisible grenade. I really like his aerial gun blast and if you want a combo of sorts, keep hitting square and then blast with triangle (triple fire gun). You have to anticipate with Radec in close quarters and be able to dodge and wait for that opening. Amazing to play as

What do u guys think of evade being moved to something like L2? I ask this because having to first block to then roll seems to slow down the need to evade immediately. I dont know if this is done on purpose or not, but I wonder how the game would play if we could evade instantaneously. Hopefully, they add that in for at least one character, the way they made Sly so different

I like it the way it is. Leaves other buttons free for whatever else. Plus it adds another button to the confusion.

Since you can never be sure with these thread titles, how is the online play in terms of lag? I'm aware of the connection issues, but oblivious to the actual quality of online performance

When everything works right, virtually no lag. Feels like they are playing locally. Better than the trash that is brawl online.

KevinCow

Banned
Yeah, if you target over someone it homes, otherwise it is just a straight shot.

Nice match, I was just one point short of us having an overtime, hahah. Couldn't build a level 3 fast enough.

Yeah, good match. I thought your name sounded familiar, but I couldn't remember if you were a GAFer or just someone I've seen a bunch in the beta.

It's actually really good. Not perfect. Sometimes dudes will teleport around, or you'll get hit by an attack that you swear you dodged. But 90% of the time, it works perfectly fine. No slowdown or input lag or any of that.

Gorillaz

Agree to disagree, I think it is more fun that every characters plays like they are overpowered and has cheap moves and such.

You have piqued my interest though, what exploits exactly are you worried about?

Sorry if that came off like im an asshole im not lol. But I just don't want it to turn terrible because we got caught up in how good it is because I do like it alot, it's pretty fun.

Exploit wise other then the obvious sly cooper moveset, I feel sweet tooth could possibly be a problem in the long run. Just his moves not his supers for now.

Idk

Is SOLIDSNAKEX from around here? He packs a wicked fat princess :p

Were you in that 3X overtime match that I had? The characters build meter really fast when it goes into overtime. The supers were flying constantly in 3X overtime. One of the craziest matches that i've been in. Especially since the person playing as Parappa used their L3 Super right at the end of the match.

With that said, the more I play the more I see fewer people saving up for their L3 super. You've really got to figure out how to time those L1 and L2 supers (especially the L1) to rack up the most kills. It just takes far too much time to get to your L3 for it to be viable option to help you win.

Ploid 3.0

Yeah I think L3 is best for when you can't find that opening and you continue to build meter. I don't even usually want to waste a level 1 on a single kill. I try to time it so I can get another full meter right after I use the super at least.

Sorry if that came off like im an asshole im not lol. But I just don't want it to turn terrible because we got caught up in how good it is because I do like it alot, it's pretty fun.

Exploit wise other then the obvious sly cooper moveset, I feel sweet tooth could possibly be a problem in the long run. Just his moves not his supers for now.

Idk

Not at all man, I enjoy a well argued debate.

With that said, the more I play the more I see fewer people saving up for their L3 super. You've really got to figure out how to time those L1 and L2 supers (especially the L1) to rack up the most kills. It just takes far too much time to get to your L3 for it to be viable option to help you win.

Depends on the character. I am playing as sweet tooth right now and almost always go for his level 3. Kratos I see getting a level 3 a lot as well.

Depends on the character. I am playing as sweet tooth right now and almost always go for his level 3. Kratos I see getting a level 3 a lot as well.

I don't see too many Sweet Tooth's, but most of the Kratos players that I see seem to bank on that L1 sword attack because of its reach and speed. It makes it dangerous to stay on the ground for too long when L1 supers are flying around. That's especially true with Sly and his crazy fast L1.

Wonder what the trophy list is for this game

Obsolete: Ha, I was in that game in Metro, right? Use square man :)

I think circle is the shoulder rockets and jump to the stomp, only used his S3 once

SmithnCo

Online trophies? Yeah or No? What do u expect/want them to be? I can see lots of offline trophies for this

For a game like this there should be online trophies, that's pretty much most of the game. Maybe one for winning a tournament, to give extra incentive to people.

For a game like this there should be online trophies, that's pretty much most of the game. Maybe one for winning a tournament, to give extra incentive to people.

Nothing that promotes trophy hunting though, because that ruins the fun for MP.

I'm thinking something like land a super 3 with each character or something at worst.

Boss Man

As a Sweets player... I know that feel.
I was playing Radec earlier and had a Sweet Tooth get me, and only me, like four times in a single match with that damn super. I'm pretty sure he got every single one of his kills on me. I must have had something on my face or something. Pissed me off so bad.

It feels like sometimes people will arbitrarily pick you as their target for every single kill, just to have someone to focus on or something lol.

Ploid 3.0

1v1 matches are going to be so good. You'll be able to do the long combos without fear of being owned by a level 1 or getting interrupted.

Ploid 3.0

Roddollente / Sly Cooper

Finally I caused this guy to come in last place. He's a sly player and I knew he would be up to his level one spamming tricks. I only targeted him for kills bwahaha. I came in second but it feels so good.

Gorillaz

PSY・S;40493498 said:
Yeah, thought he was a gaffer. Maybe he's on the beta forums.

Im guessing it's mainly gaffers and people on the official board. It would be badassed to have a board vs board tourney.

And yea that KZ player is crazy, I think I only topped him once and all the other times I end up in 2nd or distance 3rd.

JABEE

Roddollente / Sly Cooper

Finally I caused this guy to come in last place. He's a sly player and I knew he would be up to his level one spamming tricks. I only targeted him for kills bwahaha. I came in second but it feels so good.
Put up a 10 spot just now. I was at 4. He was killing 2 per super.

OK, I think Radec's Super 1 is just as good as his Super 2 and needs to be toned down: currently, the super 1 goes through all enemies and can get a 3 KO. I do that a lot. What do you guys think? I want to use a Super 2 to get confident with landing a 3 kill, but right now Im very confident using Radec's Super 1 to do that

Gorillaz

OK, I think Radec's Super 1 is just as good as his Super 2 and needs to be toned down: currently, the super 1 goes through all enemies and can get a 3 KO. I do that a lot. What do you guys think? I want to use a Super 2 to get confident with landing a 3 kill, but right now Im very confident using Radec's Super 1 to do that

I barely get anything with his first super, I always just say F it and go for lvl 2. Idk im just terrible with it.

Top Bottom