• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Dat SSX and FP.

LOL. Great 2X Overtime game in the last match.

Playing that reminds me that I really hope that they add the announcer countdown/10 second warning to overtimes in the final version. I completely lose track of the clock when entering overtime since everything becomes really hectic. We need some type of warning that time is running low.

If two people end up tied you'll go into a 1 minute overtime. That'll continue until there's a winner. In overtime your AP builds really fast, so you have supers flying every few seconds.

Sounds fantastically hectic. Does that mean if you're coming last, a couple of kills behind joint first, you can win it in their overtime?

Sounds fantastically hectic. Does that mean if you're coming last, a couple of kills behind joint first, you can win it in their overtime?

Absolutely. I think that I was trailing going into the 2X Overtime that I mentioned above, but I got to my L2 super and managed to get 4 kills along with 1 kill with my L1.

bakedpony

Dammit people, if ur going to do supers and have a choice, go after the guy clearly in first place!

And Sly, STOP MOCKING ME!

Kratos had super 3, I was Sweet Tooth, the other two went invisible, and one taunted in the end lol

LOL! I don't know if it was in the same match, but that happened to me, there were 2 of us Sly then when God mode Kratos came on, we bought went invi.

Kratos didn't do know what to do! He literally stopped in the middle of the stage!

Yeah I did taunt at the end because it was so funny haha

Ran rp

LOL! I don't know if it was in the same match, but that happened to me, there were 2 of us Sly then when God mode Kratos came on, we bought went invi.

Kratos didn't do know what to do! He literally stopped in the middle of the stage!

Yeah I did taunt at the end because it was so funny haha

THAT WAS YOU!? I HATE YOU UGHJJH. Hhahhahah. Ruined my shit.

bakedpony

PSY・S;40495754 said:
THAT WAS YOU!? I HATE YOU UGHJJH. Hhahhahah. Ruined my shit.

Haha. Seriously Sly is OP. I think that was just the third or fourth match I played as him, my previous character was Sweet Tooth. As Sweet Tooth I had to quickly build up a level 3 if I wanted to have a chance at winning.

For Sly it's simply build a L1 then HAPPY TO HELP

Ploid 3.0

Oh wow, I didn't think of sly hiding like that from level 3 with control. OP!!

Becoming harder and harder to not pick sly.

k_Reign

Does the invisibility even matter for Kratos's crazy stupid impossible to dodge overpowered homing blast?

Nope, I play as Kratos usually, and invisiSly is hardly a problem. I do agree the homing on that side-square move is ridiculous, though. It's easy to dodge, but sometimes you just don't expect it to hit you at the angle you're at.

Gorillaz

Haha. Seriously Sly is OP. I think that was just the third or fourth match I played as him, my previous character was Sweet Tooth. As Sweet Tooth I had to quickly build up a level 3 if I wanted to have a chance at winning.

For Sly it's simply build a L1 then HAPPY TO HELP

It's funny how alot of the characters can do damage with just lvl 1. Im at the point Im not even waiting to charge up to lvl 2 since I can do work with lvl 1.

bakedpony

Does the invisibility even matter for Kratos's crazy stupid impossible to dodge overpowered homing blast?

I think what happened was Kratos got confused. He didn't know what to do. But yeah if he just went to attack mode we probably would've gotten killed.

Ran rp

Yeah Kratos lvl 3 can be dodged, just jump at the right time. I didn't know about hitting sly with them at that point yet but I did it the next time around and was like holy shit, it works.

KevinCow

Banned
Nope, I play as Kratos usually, and invisiSly is hardly a problem. I do agree the homing on that side-square move is ridiculous, though. It's easy to dodge, but sometimes you just don't expect it to hit you at the angle you're at.

We might be talking about something different. When he does his level 3, he can shoot these blasts that home in on opponents to kill them. But apparently most of the people who play him don't know this, because I've only seen one person do it. It was damn ridiculous though, because he was able to take out everyone twice.

It's funny how alot of the characters can do damage with just lvl 1. Im at the point Im not even waiting to charge up to lvl 2 since I can do work with lvl 1.

I'm also a L1 person. I generally don't trust FP's L2 super to get the kills that I want since it's really easy to dodge. Her L1 is much trickier to dodge so i'm happy even if I only manage to get 1 kill. I'm still able to gain AP back quickly to try to get another.

I've still haven't done her L3 super. I've seen someone else use it, but it doesn't really seem worth the effort to get it.

k_Reign

We might be talking about something different. When he does his level 3, he can shoot these blasts that home in on opponents to kill them. But apparently most of the people who play him don't know this, because I've only seen one person do it. It was damn ridiculous though, because he was able to take out everyone twice.

Oooh I'm sorry, I gotcha. That move is amazing. Almost no one does it online because I guess they don't know about it.

If it means anything, his other supers really pale in comparison. It's almost never worth using the other ones because they are incredibly opportunistic.

SmithnCo

And thank god for that, lol. His level 3 might be the best, except for maybe non-glitched Sly but I haven't seen that one enough times.

I love this game, even as sweet tooth I find myself having a blast strapping mines on people and just chucking them across the map. Lol.

Calling it a night. Ploid and I went up against 2 slys and were able to keep them out of number 1.

Gorillaz

I'm also a L1 person. I generally don't trust FP's L2 super to get the kills that I want since it's really easy to dodge. Her L1 is much trickier to dodge so i'm happy even if I only manage to get 1 kill. I'm still able to gain AP back quickly to try to get another.

I've still haven't done her L3 super. I've seen someone else use it, but it doesn't really seem worth the effort to get it.

FP is basically one of my 2 main favs in the beta...your not missing much with lvl 3...It has potential but the build up takes too long

jondabomb

I'm really starting to dislike the jak and daxter level. What is the point of having the water pit below, all it does it make me spend half the game swimming and not being able to do any moves.

I'm really starting to dislike the jak and daxter level. What is the point of having the water pit below, all it does it make me spend half the game swimming and not being able to do any moves.

Maybe that's the purpose, sort of a qusi ring out in that it keeps you from building meter and earning supers.

Top Bottom