• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What's the 4th Kratos color?
Saw the normal, blue stripe, red on black and...?

The fourth is exactly like the normal, but a little extra shiny white. Luckily i was the blue strip one so I didn't have to worry about which white and red strip to worry about.

Spinluck

Sweet Tooth's level 3 is completely useless on Sandover Village.

And I'm also in Sly's overpowered club, I've been preaching it the entire beta lol.

I think Fat P's AP gain needs to be nerfed, and her level 2 last waaaaayy too long. Making it too forgiving if you miss a lot, I can dodge it at times, but with the minor lag
it can be impossible on smaller stages. I'm not even sure where the invincibility frames are in the air dodge and roll, seems inconsistent to me.

Kratos, Fat Princess, and PaRappa seem to be the easiest to combo with.

I think Fat P's AP gain needs to be nerfed

Her AP gain seems slow compared to other characters. Especially if you're trying to build to her L3.

and her level 2 last waaaaayy too long.

It's hard to hit with. Especially when characters are constantly jumping around the stage. You've really got to use it when everyone is right in front of you so that you can get a quick charge. If everyone is spread out then you're probably going to have a hard to time even getting one kill.

Loudninja

And I'm also in Sly's overpowered club, I've been preaching it the entire beta lol.

I think Fat P's AP gain needs to be nerfed, and her level 2 last waaaaayy too long. Making it too forgiving if you miss a lot, I can dodge it at times, but with the minor lag
it can be impossible on smaller stages. I'm not even sure where the invincibility frames are in the air dodge and roll, seems inconsistent to me.

Its easy to dodge though so to me she is fine.

Kratos level 3 super last too long and has insane range.

solidus51

Banned

idk about the fp nerf on super 2 it doesnt last that long and you can run away from it easily.
her level 1 needs a buff same with sweet tooths, i also hate the way certain attacks give you alot of ap everybody should gain ap the same way and not just do one attack the whole first of the atch to get ap. that takes away the combo aspect of the game

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
How is the beta, you guys?
I wish I could get my hands on a code. :\

Regardless, I'm curious about Kratos. How is he?

He plays great. Exactly like he plays in his games. Combos work exactly like his game too, like square > square > up square throws them up into the air, and you automatically jump up after them just like in his game, so you can finish the combo with your air combo of choice.

I remember playing UC2 multi beta without the need of a list. If they tout PS+ as something that gives you access to betas, then why the fuck is there a list period?

Meh, I'm too tired to fight the defense force, whatever. :/

Loudninja

I remember playing UC2 multi beta without the need of a list. If they tout PS+ as something that gives you access to betas, then why the fuck is there a list period?

Come on man!

Sometimes they want to ease people in a beta not just flood it. UC2 beta had alot of issues.

solidus51

Banned
Oh no its not unbalanced at all, some things just need tweaking.

I still kick lot of ass and its fun as hell.

im saying character wise as in ap gaining. Im leaning towards fp being my main till i see how the other characters are in the game. we should just make a psn chat for this game

I still really don't understand Sly's L1 super. It just seems to come out so fast that it's nearly impossible to react to. And then it has really good reach. I'm not even sure why people that use him even waste time trying to build meter to his L2 or L3.

Gorillaz

Most if not all Supers are useless on Sandover Village. The only ones that could work well are lvl 1's that attack someone horizontally.

Fucking christ. I just played a match with three Slys. Now I get why you guys hate him so much.

HAPPY TO HELP!
Cake please

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think of Radec's level 1?

Long range, it's extremely situational. Sometimes it's amazing other times its crap. That's why mostly people just use it like any other level one, by getting close and firing it point blank into a group of people. In that case it's basically like Kratos, parappa, and fat princesses supers.

One thing I am surprised to see is that Sweet Tooth doesn't have the Laughing Clown attack as one of his Supers. That would have made a better level two or even level one. It would have the same length and velocity and timing of Radec's Level 1. Imagine.

Ran rp

Its easy to dodge though so to me she is fine.

Kratos level 3 super last too long and has insane range.

It takes forever to reach lvl 3 if you're not constantly combo-ing the shit out of everyone for half the match, so I think it's fair. Kratos is fine as he is right now.

Don't nerf my Kratos, SuperBot!!
LLShC.gif

Is SOLIDSNAKEX from around here? He packs a wicked fat princess :p

Wondering if anyone has seen me on the HK beta, temporary PSN ID is D-S-X-R-O-X (god knows what I was thinking when i made that 2 years ago). Mostly using Radec...

Desmond

Won my first match. Sweettooth's level 1 got me 3kills in the last 5 seconds.

Also, I love Parappa and Fat Princess. SO MUCH CHARM

jondabomb

Never having played any Parappa games I have to ask, is the voice they use in PSAS used in his games it is pretty comedic/ridiculous.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops

How is that the defense force? It's just factually incorrect to state that previous betas did not use any lists.
This shit is on GAF. It's on this server, available via search. Nobody is making shit up.

That PS+ should include access to these betas is a separate issue but don't claim that there haven't been lists before on GAF. It's, as the previous poster said, quite common.

Boss Man

Nice! I love Kratos and the way they handled him- I even feel like he plays really well and is a strong character...but I just can never place very well with him. I'm not sure what it is.

I think it's maybe that his level 1 and level 2 are maybe too...consistent? I mean, compared to someone like Radec or Sly, for whom it's not unlikely at all to get multiple kills with level 1 or even clear the screen with level 2.

I dont like is supers that is my only problem.

His first one has too much range is second one is pretty devastating and is 3rd one all he does is take a picture and you are dead.

His Super 1 needs to be neutered to the point that it can only take out 1 enemy, 2 if you're real lucky, like Parappa's.

Ran rp

Nice! I love Kratos and the way they handled him- I even feel like he plays really well and is a strong character...but I just can never place very well with him. I'm not sure what it is.

I think it's maybe that his level 1 and level 2 are maybe too...consistent? I mean, compared to someone like Radec or Sly, for whom it's not unlikely at all to get multiple kills with level 1 or even clear the screen with level 2.

Kratos' lvl 1 is constantly interrupted when I use it but I almost always clear the screen with a lvl 2. I got 9 kills in that game by killing everyone with a lvl 2 three times in a row. It's all about timing.

Ran rp

Okay WTF. I just died three times in a row as soon as I spawned because there was a always a Sweet Tooth standing there ready to use his lvl 1. What happened to spawn protection? I couldn't even take a step away it happened so quickly. SuperBot needs to fix this because that was rediculous.

Top Bottom