• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

SmithnCo

PSY・S;40476750 said:
Okay WTF. I just died three times in a row as soon as I spawned because there was a always a Sweet Tooth standing there ready to use his lvl 1. What happened to spawn protection? I couldn't even take a step away it happened so quickly. SuperBot needs to fix this because that was rediculous.

Wait, his super breaks your invincibility time? Weird.

Gorillaz

Supers in general need a way ro be reversed. That is my problem. There needs to be something other then just dodging or running away.

jondabomb

I don't know, but most of the time it never connects. It's about as limp as a 'super' can get. I always just skip it and accumulate AP for the level 2.

I feel like a lot of the level 1 supers are hard to connect, with Parappa's being the worst. Most of the time I play with kratos i get hit while I'm doing his level 1 super.

Unfortunately I'm very impatient and almost always use level 1 supers as soon as I get them

Ran rp

Supers in general need a way ro be reversed. That is my problem. There needs to be something other then just dodging or running away.

I'd only accept reversals if it meant that you have to sacrifice some of your ap in order to perform one. Missing with a super or having it canceled is frustrating enough.

A_Rival

You get a free Parappa lvl.1 off of any of his crumples.. I save up for lvl.2 strictly for the possibility of a triple kill.

Ran rp

You know that you can kill someone with a super while they are using one, right?
I'm not sure if it always counts though. I used Kratos' lvl 2 super on Sly's lvl 2 and we both died but my kill wasn't added to my score.

Also I hate that Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 still kills you even if you attack him and knock him back.

k_Reign

I wonder what the priority on that is cuz if its the case of whoever lets there super off second wins what would be the incentive to try to do my Super first.

As far as I can tell, it's just a matter of who hits whom with the super. Every time I've tried it against a level 2, we both have died hahah.

Mik_Pad

Banned
PSY・S;40478832 said:
I'm not sure if it always counts though. I used Kratos' lvl 2 super on Sly's lvl 2 and we both died but my kill wasn't added to my score.

Also I hate that Sweet Tooth's lvl 1 still kills you even if you attack him and knock him back.
Sweet tooths level 1 can be stop if you hit him at the right time similar to kratos level 1.

PSY・S;40478832 said:

Sweet Tooths Lv1 is a two step super.

1. Bomb is strapped to character.
2. ST kicks them away, launching them.

His super can actually be interrupted right after step one. I've had it happen quite a few times to me before. But the Bomb is still strapped to the other character and will still kill him. But if your still right next to him it will actually kill you as well.

Ran rp

Sweet Tooths Lv1 is a two step super.

1. Bomb is strapped to character.
2. ST kicks them away, launching them.

His super can actually be interrupted right after step one. I've had it happen quite a few times to me before. But the Bomb is still strapped to the other character and will still kill him. But if your still right next to him it will actually kill you as well.

So that's what it is. I never understood the attack because it happens so quickly.

Ran rp

I'm not sure, but from my playing it feels like all supers break the invincibility time.

You can still kill people with supers while they still have the spawn glow/spiral around them but you shouldn't be able to kill them them the instant they spawn. That happened to me twice in a row (I was killed by Sweet Tooth, Spawne-- Killed by another Sweet Tooth, Spawne-- Killed by the first Sweet Tooth again.)

Edit: I wonder if the reason the Sweet Tooths were able to kill me is because the super is a two-parter. They grab me first and by the time bomb goes off I'm vulnerable to the attack.

I am sucking as parappa.

The trick is to get them with your mash square or down square in mid air moves. Both build a decent amount of meter and keep the enemy trapped for a while.

Turtling with your boombox is another good strategy, but only if the opponents are occupied with other matters.

On another note, I just faced a total fraud Radec who did nothing but spam sticky grenades the entire match. I sure showed him >:>

Ran rp

24228640.jpg

Hahah. It had to be done.

Ran rp

I'm off for right now, had to end on a good note (5-1 with Parappa). Will be back on later though.

Impressions of Parappa and Fat Peach...Fat Peach is a juggling queen and makes going to Parappa feel limited.

Is there even a reason to play as Parappa over FP other than his auto-kill lvl 3 super and his boombox?

Ran rp

I only enter third or fourth place when the timer reaches 0 before I can use my supers that I've been building up. The beta should be a minute longer.

Ploid 3.0

Momentum, and hype! If you start slow you feel like you have to climb a mountain, if you're killing and staying alive you are hype and continue to be awesome.

Top Bottom