• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

PSY・S;40496828 said:
I'll try everyone but I think I'll stay with Kratos for now.

My man.

But may I say something?
I mean, seriously... fuck Fatty Lvl 3. It kill me twice, and I couldn't do anything, unlike everyone elses Lvl 3 which I can dodge and stuff. But this? Fuck.

People are just going to have to learn to dodge level 1 and 2 supers, or at least prevent the clustering of enemies. I agree that slys level one needs tweaking, and it sounds like radec's is broken if what you guys say is true. It's supposed to be missles that go where the crosshairs are or lock on a target. It shouldn't kill everything along the way, I think it was meant to explode once it is hit regardless if that was before the crosshair.

I think the idea was that you were to stay back and home in on a selected target, but it's just easier to double R2 so that it flies straight, which usually goes through clusters of enemies. And since u can aim it, u can fire it from any angle, much easier than his super 2 which requires a straight hoirzontal line of sight.

Of course, why bother aiming since u may get hit? It's easier to double tap r2 into a group of enemies.

My man.

But may I say something?
I mean, seriously... fuck Fatty Lvl 3. It kill me twice, and I couldn't do anything, unlike everyone elses Lvl 3 which I can dodge and stuff. But this? Fuck.

I still dont understand Fatty's super 3. What happens?

I think the idea was that you were to stay back and home in on a selected target, but it's just easier to double R2 so that it flies straight, which usually goes through clusters of enemies. And since u can aim it, u can fire it from any angle, much easier than his super 2 which requires a straight hoirzontal line of sight.

Of course, why bother aiming since u may get hit? It's easier to double tap r2 into a group of enemies.

That's my point I wonder if that double R2 effect was planned? I severely doubt it, if you do that that thing should just blow up immediately. The distance you aim the crosshairs should have an effect on the distance the missles travel.

Fat Peach's level 3 has her workers filling the screen with attacks leaving very little places to hide.

It kills you. That's what happens. And it usually kill you twice.

But, I agree with Man-is-Obsolete, it takes quite a while to build.

That's my point I wonder if that double R2 effect was planned? I severely doubt it, if you do that that thing should just blow up immediately. The distance you aim the crosshairs should have an effect on the distance the missles travel.

Fat Peach's level 3 has her workers filling the screen with attacks leaving very little places to hide.

Her attack is AI controlled, yeah?

I agree Radec's Super 1 should blow up immediately when it makes contact. If there is a cluster, then it should do a minimum AoE damage at best. I'll continue playing as him and more mindfully use his Super 1 to do the 3 KO. I'm sure that its too good and needs to be adjusted.

Parappa's 1 is easy to miss but can net u a kill. Ive managed to get lucky once and get 3 kills. That's how Super 1's should be.

His and Sly's need to be adjusted. I think Parappa's Super 2 is fine because it net u three kills but is also easy to dodge. If his super 2 was any better then his super 3 becomes more worthless, and it's worthless as is since his super 2 can get three kills. More of a move you use for style points rather than a need to win. His super 3 is a guarantee but I'd rather take the small risk of missing his super 2, get 2 kills, which is almost guaranteed, and then make up for it with a super 1 or another super 2.

I'm just worried that super 3's aren't worth it if they at best net u 2-3 kills (or 4-5) when getting 3 kills is pretty common with super 2's, and super 1's. Just keep using Super 2's in that case and you'll be better off than a one-off Super 3.... at least for timed mode. I wonder how differently this mechanic will work for other modes

I guess the best solution is to make super 3's longer for guys like Radec, and maybe Sly while adjust their super 1's. IMO, super 3's should be hard to get, but should reward u with an easier chance of getting 4+ kills while Super 1's should give u 1 kill if u land it, and if ur lucky, 2+ kills. Super 2's should, if ur good enough, get u 3 kills (Fat P's can net u 4-5, how is her super 3 in comparison?)

If the customization is so deep that u can micromanage AP and super abilities then I wont have an issue, but a standard should be considered for ranked MP.

jondabomb

Since the beta is a relatively old version of the game, is there anyone who has played the newer version and the beta that could make out any differences in balancing among the original six characters

Again imagine landing a super 1 and 2 in 1 vs 1 or even 2 vs 2. The degree of difficulty would go way up. And therefore a level 3 may be more worthwhile in those modes.

Free for all is chaotic and in that chaos level 1 and 2's are much easier to land.

jondabomb

Again imagine landing a super 1 and 2 in 1 vs 1 or even 2 vs 2. The degree of difficulty would go way up. And therefore a level 3 may be more worthwhile in those modes.

Free for all is chaotic and that chaos level 1 and 2's are much easier to land.

I think 1 on 1 will involve a ton of strategy when using supers. Will you want to wait and build your bar all the way up to level 3 for a guaranteed 1 or 2 kills, or use lower level supers where you can possibly get more but tgetting a kill is harder

Ran rp

I think 1 on 1 will involve a ton of strategy when using supers. Will you want to wait and build your bar all the way up to level 3 for a guaranteed 1 or 2 kills, or use lower level supers where you can possibly get more but tgetting a kill is harder

Yeah in 1on1's you're going to want to use combos that stun and trap your opponent before you use a super like Kratos' jump + forward triangle + super 1 combo. That reminds me, I think that there are some air moves aren't in the OP. Kratos charges forward with a spear and shield when pressing forward + triangle on the ground but when he's in the air he performs a flurry of jabs instead.

People are just going to have to learn to dodge level 1 and 2 supers, or at least prevent the clustering of enemies. I agree that slys level one needs tweaking, and it sounds like radec's is broken if what you guys say is true. It's supposed to be missles that go where the crosshairs are or lock on a target. It shouldn't kill everything along the way, I think it was meant to explode once it is hit regardless if that was before the crosshair.

It has splash damage so when it hits an opponent and the rest are clustered there, it kills everyone in the radial vicinity.

It kills you. That's what happens. And it usually kill you twice.

But, I agree with Man-is-Obsolete, it takes quite a while to build.

Uh I've dodged a fat P lvl 3 before? It's not too hard, just roll and keep and eye on how fast the workers move and the fireballs. I guess since im used to dodging pits smash attack (it is pit with those fat angels flying everywhere right?) that this is like easy mode.

It has splash damage so when it hits an opponent and the rest are clustered there, it kills everyone in the radial vicinity.

Right but I think when people just double tap R2 it goes straight and through people. I have seen it take out a rather broken up group before, and came super quick like his level 2.

Which I don't think is the intended effect.

Uh I've dodged a fat P lvl 3 before? It's not too hard, just roll and keep and eye on how fast the workers move and the fireballs. I guess since im used to dodging pits smash attack (it is pit with those fat angels flying everywhere right?) that this is like easy mode.

I'll try that. If not... I swear I'm gonna cry like a little girl.

This is how I see it. In a 4 player FFA, it's total chaos so getting multiple kills with supers will be way easier but in a 1v1 with two skilled players? It's going to be INTENSE. I'm gonna be on for awhile tonight, finally have some time to play the beta so add me, look out for me ;) I mostly play Radec.

Yeah I suppose so. Will try it out further if someone gives me a chance lol.

Lol, I will do the same. I think that is what Time Effect was trying to say though and I have personally seen it happen as well. When Radec aims the crosshair the missles come out slower but slightly faster than Sweet Tooth's rocket, but can home in if he locks on a character. However when double tapping R2 it comes out in a straight line and happens super fast and believe it even goes through people that are in a line like his level 2.

Free for all is chaotic and in that chaos level 1 and 2's are much easier to land.

Super 1's and 2's are more forced (in a good way) in 1 v 1. No point saving for a super 3there, super 3's are made for multiple enemies it seems. They are harder to hit, especially because the mode has an incredible amount of anticipation and focus.

Super 1's and 2's in FFA seem to just net the kills easier, I dont know if that's a flaw or not when Super 3's are already tailored towards 4 player games.

It's hard to balance all this, but I hope there is a depth of customization to tailor any problems.

k_Reign

I freaking hate Fat Princess! Why the hell does she build meter so quickly! That chicken super lasts too long. I have a feeling that a lot of the level 2s are way too strong. Except for Sweet Tooth's.

I freaking hate Fat Princess! Why the hell does she build meter so quickly! That chicken super lasts too long. I have a feeling that a lot of the level 2s are way too strong. Except for Sweet Tooth's.

As someone that plays as FP I always wonder why it seems like she takes so long to build meter in comparison to Sly or Parappa. :p

SSReborn

Hey all three of us were there! That was intense hahah

Yep, I so wish it wasn't random I wanted a rematch :(

So glad I won that one! I'm not the best Kratos clearly haha. 4x Overtime meant a hit = half a meter haha it was great

lol funny thing is that was the first time I ever pulled off a level 3 in the game at all and I clearly didn't know what I was doing with his haha

Sly electricing all over the place and building AP like mad is always fun

Sly has such an amazing knockback grab instead of knocking the character away and scattering the AP he jumps off the person and keeps all the AP for himself I love it!

Catalix

And on the sixth day the LORD David Bowie created man and woman in His image. And he saw that it was good. On the seventh day the LORD created videogames so that He might take the bloody day off for once.
No more BETA codes left, as it seems ;(

I hate times like these.

Living vicariously through everyone else's awesomely detailed impressions?

I know that feel bro ;_;

Top Bottom