• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Ran rp

Who are your mains? I'm interested to see if there are more popular ones over others.

Mine is Sweet Tooth and Sly.

Kratos and occasionally Radec. I like him but he feels pretty limited compared to Kratos. All I can really do is spam spam spam if I want to win.

Since I feel like I'm way too comfortable with Kratos right now I'm going to try to get better using all of the characters now.

There was a good amount of time when (an edited version of) this picture was my wallpaper haha
2012-07-27_12-37-17_8.jpg

Anybody do the same?/Have a PSAS Wallpaper??

PSY・S;40534047 said:
I guess you can block Radec's sticky in the air? Wonder why that never worked for me before.

People online haven't quite caught on to the whole "roll before it explodes and it won't hurt you" thing either.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Man, I just had a rough run tonight.

I don't know if I just wasn't on my game, but I think it was mostly lag and some weird glitches. That, and having every round I played have at least 2 Radecs didn't help.

I won my last one, but man, I was just getting worked.

But people were teleporting all over the place. The worst match I had was with two Radecs who loved to spam the sniper shot, and a Sly who loved to spam the lightning roll.

Not the best time I've had with PBR so far, that's for sure!

I'm dying for some 2v2 or 1v1 action, though. There was a moment in one of my matches tonight where I got to do some 1v1 with Sweet Tooth for the bulk of the round, and that was great, but man, having every match feature a Radec got old really quick.

I actually used a Level 2 today, because I didn't trust the lag to not whiff my Level 1.

Hey, it's only 3 more months til release, though! Lol. I wonder if they are going to have a beta patch when they update the PS Store on Tuesday (assuming the PBR beta is going to be available for PS+ members next week)? I imagine that SuperBot is getting some interesting data from the few days we've had the beta (and the fact that they didn't end it on Saturday like they were planning on makes me think they see the merit of keeping it up just that bit longer - which I LOVE! Lol).

It'd be awesome if they implement some stability fixes. Maybe nail down some of the teleporting that goes on because of the lag. It's supremely frustrating when you whiff a super because of lag. Whiffing because of player error or player counter is one thing, but lag is just lame.

Still, I had a good time tonight. I have no idea if I was battling any gaffers though. None of the names looked familiar.

Gorillaz

Sly's lvl 2 is dodgable but only on certain stages like dream scape and sandover village

Dream scape is probably the easiest place to dodge most lvl2 and lvl 3 supers

Spinluck

7 kills 0 death, I think I found a hard attack to get out of with Parappa. The forward + O, it stuns long enough to get the person again with another forward + O, just repeat it until someone else stops you.

Ahh, so you're one of the PaRappa's that spam forward O? -___-

It's annoying, but gets quite predictable, and I adapt to it quickly.

But still -___-..

KevinCow

Banned
Alright, I'm gonna say Sly's level 2 is completely fucking overpowered. I don't think I've ever seen it not get at least 2 kills, and it almost always gets 3.

DR2K

Banned
Anyone giving out any codes? I'd love to try it out.

How does the game play feel when compared to Melee and Brawl? Or is it closer to a traditional 2D fighters?

Alright, I'm gonna say Sly's level 2 is completely fucking overpowered. I don't think I've ever seen it not get at least 2 kills, and it almost always gets 3.

I've been in a few matches with you earlier and i agree. Also, what was up with that match in Dreamscape, seemed like Parappa's level 3 glitched and stopped the clock.

Edit: It seems to be laggy the last couple of days, i've experienced lots of teleporting in matches.

Ploid 3.0

Ahh, so you're one of the PaRappa's that spam forward O? -___-

It's annoying, but gets quite predictable, and I adapt to it quickly.

But still -___-..

I first started using it because it had good range, most of parappa's stuff is very short ranged. Against the likes of Kratos, FPrincess, Sweets, and Radec I kept getting hit first trying to do other things. I started to try mic grab but that thing has a long animation if I miss, and usually someone could just beat me to the hit. Then that's when I started to do the mic spin since I move forward with it when I'm knocked in the air on Sandover map. I noticed how I got more hits in with it.

I also used the air skateboard a lot to try to get in but comboing off of it is a bad idea because you'll almost always get hit out of it by others, or you will just be on the wrong side.

Most parappa players only use square attacks and maybe the side circle. Like none of his skateboard stuff or mike pull. I don't get it.

I mostly use his skateboard attacks. Square attacks only after mike pull. Otherwise I just tend to miss 80% of the attacks lol.

Most parappa players only use square attacks and maybe the side circle. Like none of his skateboard stuff or mike pull. I don't get it.

I mostly use his skateboard attacks. Square attacks only after mike pull. Otherwise I just tend to miss 80% of the attacks lol.

Oooh I love dem triangle moves haha. Down triangle is clutch

cyborg009

Banned
Anyone giving out any codes? I'd love to try it out.

How does the game play feel when compared to Melee and Brawl? Or is it closer to a traditional 2D fighters?

codes are given out at random

the game has the familiarity of a SSB game but at the same time is completely different.

k_Reign

That's pretty tame for a level 2. Fat Princess's level 2 has the potential to get at LEAST 3 kills. Sly's level 2 is totally fine, I think. Fat Princess, however... there was one match where she used a level 2 and then IMMEDIATELY used another level 2. And it lasts for like, 6-7 seconds.

I like the mic sound effect when using Parappa's O attack lol

I think one of my favorite sound effects in the game is Parappa's up+O attack, hahah. The boom box makes awesome sounds.

Drencrom

That's pretty tame for a level 2. Fat Princess's level 2 has the potential to get at LEAST 3 kills. Sly's level 2 is totally fine, I think. Fat Princess, however... there was one match where she used a level 2 and then IMMEDIATELY used another level 2. And it lasts for like, 6-7 seconds.

Yeah, her L2 super is OP. Lasts too long when you compare it with Parappa's L2 skateboard super.

Yeah, her L2 super is OP. Lasts too long when you compare it with Parappa's L2 skateboard super.

Some might say Parappa's is definitely easier to land though. At least I think it's harder to dodge. FP's level 2 on the other hand I think is pretty darn easy to get away from.

k_Reign

Some might say Parappa's is definitely easier to land though. At least I think it's harder to dodge. FP's level 2 on the other hand I think is pretty darn easy to get away from.

I mean, it is, but she builds meter so damn quickly. 2 level 2 supers back to back? That's too much chicken!

I'm also just biased because I hate her. Very much.

SmithnCo

Yeah. Completely craps all over Parappa's and ST's level 2s for instance. You could say the same for his 1 too.

This guy gets it. Give it some more time. FP LV 2 is very easy to dodge.

Exactly. I've been maining FP so far and while i've been getting easy kills with her L2 super at the beginning, people got wise and now i'm having a harder time landing kills, to the point that i now prefer to use L1 supers when people are bunched up, instead of waiting for an L2. Also, while it does last longer than Parappa's L2 super, there is sort of a short cooldown to how often you can make the chicken dash into an opponent, which makes it easier for other players to get away.

There's a player online "RedSkinsRock" who only uses Sly's side triangle. And when I say only, I mean the whole time...SO annoying. Just took him out though haha

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
There's a player online "RedSkinsRock" who only uses Sly's side triangle. And when I say only, I mean the whole time...SO annoying. Just took him out though haha

Yeah as fun and rewarding it is to do a complete combo on someone, you really might as well do a quick attack that does good AP gain and make you vulnerable as little as possible, because there is a time limit, and its FFA where other people can mess you up. Things like side triangle for sly and side circle for parappa is made for that.

Spinluck

This game is a smash clone designed by devs that don't hate good players.

Touche..

EDIT:
Zen said:
Curios, are you mainly referring to the trip mechanic in Brawl?

I think he's referring to that, and the removal of hitstun, wavedashing, and the revamping of aerial combat in the game(making it more noob friendly).

Brawl was still my personal favorite though, but whatever.

I agree with him though, this game will be more of a joy for advanced players. Methinks.

Top Bottom