• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Boss Man

Sly's level 1 is so overpowered.

I know everyone knows, but still.

Being invisible should slowly drain AP or something too.

Spinluck

Sly's level 1 is so overpowered.

I know everyone knows, but still.

Being invisible should slowly drain AP or something too.

Yup, I suggested this, I don't know how he'll play in 1on1, but he definitely is broken in free 4 all. I have lost to Sly the most out of any character, and that's due to the killing power he has. His Level 1 needs a speed and distance nerf, it can pretty much cover a bridge on Dreamscape(LBP Stage). My favorite thing about players that use him, is the obligatory taunt that comes after they land a level 1 on everyone. As if that requires any skill at all lol. Hitting 3 people with Sweet Tooth's level 1 is a fucking feat lol(I've done it about 6 times so far), but Sly's? Come on.

Also, surely I cannot be the only who wishes you can dodge in place? L1 + Down anyone?

Ploid 3.0

Winning feels so good in this game. Seeing the results and showing up last (meaning you won) usually makes me erupt in a "YES!" or Fist pump type reaction.

Ploid 3.0

It's best to enter redeem codes to the PSN site rather than ps3, you can copy paste.

PSY・S;40566097 said:
Hahhahaha, yeah I was fooling around.

It's even funnier knowing it was you. This game is going to be so funny when we are able to create rooms and have fun.

Drencrom

If you are going to share codes with your fellow gaffers use the quote reveal function also known as email links so that lurkers don't snap the codes.

Quote to reveal a message:

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Haha, I wonder why people even do that, it can't be fun to just use one move over and over again.

Seriously. It's certainly tempting to use a single move that gains you AP quick over and over, but I try to avoid it as best as possible. I'm usually trying to figure out my own combos to make the matches more fun for me.

I've still yet to string together a combo into a Super though. I'm working on it. God, I can't wait for the final game, so I can have some single player time with it to toy around in training mode.

Had a crappy day today (was home sick), but maybe I'll try and play for a few minutes soon. I didn't touch any video games all day, and I still have Max Payne 3 in my system from GameFly.

If you are going to share codes with your fellow gaffers use the quote reveal function also known as email links so that lurkers don't snap the codes.

Quote to reveal a message:

For the record this isn't foolproof as lurkers can still see that. I'm not gonna explain it here, but it is possible and super easy. Only safe way is pms.

Spinluck

GAF parties on this game will be godlike.

What will partying up be like though??

I wonder if you can party up with 4+ people, fight together, or watch matches and wait your turn. That'll be awesome, I'd like to see a party of 8 go against a party of 8. Of course the cap in a match is 4, so it would be somewhat of a rotation process. That would be nice.

SmithnCo

What will partying up be like though??

I wonder if you can party up with 4+ people, fight together, or watch matches and wait your turn. That'll be awesome, I'd like to see a party of 8 go against a party of 8. Of course the cap in a match is 4, so it would be somewhat of a rotation process. That would be nice.

That's what I want too. I hope they have spectating. Possibly large groups with multiple fights but that is probably too much to hope for.

Noi

For some reason trying to join games as Kratos always gave me a Network error. Tried to join one as Radec and now I join every game... weird.

So yeah, belated responses to everything since you guys have been playing for a while, but holy shit people doing Sly's level 3 on purpose need to go die in a fire.
LLShC.gif

Edit: Was just in a match with 3 Radecs. So many sniper shots.

darkwing

btw does the throw generate only AP bubbles not AP? can't notice the AP gauge increasing or I might have just messed up the players again lol

What attacks are good to interrupt level 1 supers like Kratos' blade swipe? I keep getting my supers interrupted, while i have no such luck even when my attacks land. I keep trying with square attacks though, perhaps i should try triangle attacks? Also, is it possible to escape level 2 supers with evade? Because it didn't work for me several times when i tried. Could be lag though, there has been quite a bit of it over the last few days and it's a bit frustrating.

Mr. Fix

What attacks are good to interrupt level 1 supers like Kratos' blade swipe? I keep getting my supers interrupted, while i have no such luck even when my attacks land. I keep trying with square attacks though, perhaps i should try triangle attacks? Also, is it possible to escape level 2 supers with evade? Because it didn't work for me several times when i tried. Could be lag though, there has been quite a bit of it over the last few days and it's a bit frustrating.

Supers that hit multiple times are harder to evade. As for how to stop a super, it really depends on the speed of the attack, and whether or not it throws them into a hitstun animation.

Loudninja

The splash damage on his L1 is really nasty. I've lost count of the number of times that i've been caught in it.
I have not have such luck

1.Its very easy to miss compare to others
2.Very easy to dodge
3.Very easy to interrupt
4.Has the worst range any super.

Did they get rid of the LittleBigPlanet level in the beta?

I've not played it once.

Also, is the beta going to get updated to newer versions?
No the LBP still there.

Yes they will update it.

+ Chan Park on August 2nd, 2012 at 1:02 pm said:

Thank you for the kind words. Yes, we will be making updates/fixes to the next beta. So happy we are a day one buy for you and for all of the other posters who feel the same. We feel honored by such sentiment.
http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/02/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-public-beta-this-fall/

HiiiLife

Am I missing something when people kill multiple people with Sweets lvl 1? They talk about killing all three and I only kill 1. Can you control where to kick them?

Gorillaz

I ran into IGN editors hahaha it was pretty cool even tho they were using sly :p

Am I missing something when people kill multiple people with Sweets lvl 1? They talk about killing all three and I only kill 1. Can you control where to kick them?

When Kratos does his kick if the person getting kicked bumps into somebody else they die too. He's the one lvl 1 super im always nervous of because if your not paying attention you could be caught in it.

SmithnCo

I had a blue screen, and was too lazy to turn off the PS3, waited a couple minutes and the match started. lol, I had thought it just freezes and the matches don't actually start.

When I was in the match the other three people didn't move so they must've bailed.

KevinCow

Banned
I had a blue screen, and was too lazy to turn off the PS3, waited a couple minutes and the match started. lol, I had thought it just freezes and the matches don't actually start.

When I was in the match the other three people didn't move so they must've bailed.

Combo practice time!

Desmond

On a 3 game winning streak.

Ended up getting into a game with Rey Gutierrez of the PS Blog. Whooped him with Radec. Only used Level 1s.

Also managed to get 22 points with Parappa. Went to 3x overtime. 13Kills 4 Deaths.

His level 2 needs to be imrpoved. It's easily the worst level 2.

His Super 1 is more effective than his super 2. This is starting to irritate/concern me. Super 1's are just more effective than Super 3's. The way they made it sound, I thought I'd be missing a lot of my super 1's...That said, I played yeterday where I knew a ST was waiting to land his S1 on me (time was almost up). Played a cat/mouse game where I tried to get close and run away. Eventually he fell for it and missed. Bahaha. It's all in the mind.

On a 3 game winning streak.

Ended up getting into a game with Rey Gutierrez of the PS Blog. Whooped him with Radec. Only used Level 1s.

Also managed to get 22 points with Parappa. Went to 3x overtime. 13Kills 4 Deaths.

used Radec solely last time I played and continued to just use his S1 to prove a point: His S1 is more effective than his S2 and S3. I am too worried about this for the rest of the roster. I mean, what's really the point of S3's? I really do think Super 3's should be longer for Radec, Sly, and ST. Maybe I'm seeing terrible execution but at best, a S3 nets 5 kills for Radec (spawn protection being a hurdle). Yet, I've been using his S1's to net 2-3 kills fairly consistently... amd I get at least 2-3 S3's. Bad opponents? Maybe, but if they were a challenge, it'd further turn me off from saving to a super 3.

Top Bottom