• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

M.D

Quote this post to reveal a hidden beta key. Post when you've redeemed it so other people know not to bother trying.

It's weird, Sony sends me beta keys for everything, even when I don't sign up. I'm somewhat interested in playing this game, but I know that I won't get around to playing the beta before it ends, this way it won't go to waste.

Not working for me :(

M.D

Beta keys only work on a US account. I had to figure that out myself. If you're not using a US account then set up a dummy one.

I'm using a US account, and still can't get any thing :/

I'm trying to register it from the website, but I can't find it. I think I have to register my PS3 first?

Order

Quote this post to reveal a hidden beta key. Post when you've redeemed it so other people know not to bother trying.

It's weird, Sony sends me beta keys for everything, even when I don't sign up. I'm somewhat interested in playing this game, but I know that I won't get around to playing the beta before it ends, this way it won't go to waste.
i knew i shouldve stalked this thread

Kaizer

Banned
I was surprised to see the email from Sony, but I just got a beta code. Really excited to check this out, I'll be online as soon as possible.

what. just was in a match. ended up going to 3x overtime and before it started the control screen pops up and then went back to char select. lame.

No. it was on jak/daxter stage.

Oh okay, lol cause the same thing happened to me a few matches ago. Thing was, I could still move and all the other characters couldn't. It would have been a great time to try and rack up some points easily but I had my Level 3 as Parappa and the game would just do that little "super light" around him but nothing would happen.

Ha, at least I got to use the time as a training mode.

Penguin

Oh okay, lol cause the same thing happened to me a few matches ago. Thing was, I could still move and all the other characters couldn't. It would have been a great time to try and rack up some points easily but I had my Level 3 as Parappa and the game would just do that little "super light" around him but nothing would happen.

Ha, at least I got to use the time as a training mode.

Same thing happened to me on Hades' stage.

Like 1:06 left in the match and all the players froze.. kept trying to activate my level 3 super to no luck.. but did give me a chance to practice all of Parappa's moves.

B.O.O.M

To those new:

See what's more successful: Using lots of Super 1's, or using a Super 3 + whatever you have left over in the time limit.

My problem is that Super 3's arent anywhere near as effective as Super 1s. Super 1's were supposed to be very hard, but they are a piece of cake (please!). My problem with this game, aside from Sly's Super 1, is that Super 1's and 2's are going to be universally superior to Super 3's.

LOTS of lvl 1s. Kratos Lvl 1 if used properly can be so much win. I got my first 3 kills with it too...feeels goooood

So far Kratos and Sly are my most favorite. Kratos, sheer diversity of movements. Sly, very easy to build meter and has some cool supers.

For the life of me I can't do well with Radec lol. Not my kind of play style I suppose.

LOTS of lvl 1s. Kratos Lvl 1 if used properly can be so much win. I got my first 3 kills with it too...feeels goooood

So far Kratos and Sly are my most favorite. Kratos, sheer diversity of movements. Sly, very easy to build meter and has some cool supers.

For the life of me I can't do well with Radec lol. Not my kind of play style I suppose.

radec is great when people start brawling with each other across the map and you just snipe them and spam them with attaching grenades

then you have Killyourself83 who i played online with was radec and he just stood there shooting. idk if he was trolling or what but he was very annoying.

then you have Killyourself83 who i played online with was radec and he just stood there shooting. idk if he was trolling or what but he was very annoying.

you have to run him off the spot. he's a long range character. what do you want him to do? play sweet tooth style when he doesn't have the arsenal to do it?

B.O.O.M

had a game where parappa and fat princess both activated their level 2 supers at the same time and attacks. All 4 players died lol good stuff

Is there a secret to enjoying this? I tried it, couldn't follow what was happening (especially when it zoomed out further), was annoyed at not seeing a score for the players and it just feels kinda flat in a lot of ways.

Triz

I'm not a fan of smash bros, but Sony sent me a beta code so I downlOaded it. Had a blast. Tempted to go back to ssmb and give it a shot.

Saw someone getting 3 kills with sweet tooths lvl 1. It was insane. Didn't even think you could do that

i think you can also knock them into other people. i've done that before. one person was juggling another person mid air and i did a lvl 1 that knocked him into them and i got a 3 kill lol.

SykoTech

I just got 3 kills using Parappa's Lvl 1. Feels so good.

Everyone started chasing me for the rest of the match though. I guess taunting didn't help. :p

B.O.O.M

i think you can also knock them into other people. i've done that before. one person was juggling another person mid air and i did a lvl 1 that knocked him into them and i got a 3 kill lol.

yep that's exactly what was done. Attach the grenade and kick them into two others fighting each other. Perfect timing

I've done it before.... the feeling you get.... ITS FREAKING MAGICAL! :D

Yeah...and this game has already provided so many moments like that. Completely avoiding a level 3 super r countering someone just before they launch their super etc are friggin amazing. I can just imagine the smack talk that will ensue once the game launched

F U Kratos...
Take That sly you as&%(*# raccooon!

BOOM indeed!

libregkd

I'm kicking some serious ass using Sweet Tooth and Parappa.

Sweet Tooth especially, was able to rack up 13 kills in a single game.

SSReborn

Sweet Tooth is a really interesting character I usually play as Kratos and Sly but he is really good as well and very fun to play as :)

Some things that I've learned while playing as him

There seems to be a way for him to shoot the sawed off shot gun 2 times fast in rapid succession. It happens right after he lands on the floor after a jump if you time it right. I haven't completely figured out how it works and have been more succesful with the downward version but its really cool.

His fire breath can be used for a very short forward movement/momentum. The benefits of doing this over the shoulder check is that can do it multiple times I did it up to four times before

I think his Level 2 missle however should be more controllable I see what its supposed to acheive but it moves way to slow and has to much weight to it unless there is a way to make it more agile and faster that I don't know of.

Also I notice the new Beta players are getting much better at the game and matches are more fun because of that.

Top Bottom