• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Izick

Still haven't gotten to play it yet. How long is this beta supposed to last, and will it open up for all PS+ members anytime soon?

DjRoomba

Banned
Are the results/menu screens final? They look lifeless and dull compared to Smash Bros. As does the game.. Characters are too small and do not stand out enough. The whole attacking people does not do damage, can only kill by supers, I think is really stupid only done as a desperate way to differentiate from Smash. Shoulda just copied Smash mechanics and be done with it. So yeah granted its a beta, but for me the whole beta just seems lacking in polish. Not psyched for this

LuuKyK

Are the results/menu screens final? They look lifeless and dull compared to Smash Bros. As does the game.. Characters are too small and do not stand out enough. The whole attacking people does not do damage, can only kill by supers, I think is really stupid only done as a desperate way to differentiate from Smash. Shoulda just copied Smash mechanics and be done with it. So yeah granted its a beta, but for me the whole beta just seems lacking in polish. Not psyched for this

The UI is not final according to clock and paul gale. As for your complains... well, thats why this is a beta. It's not the final product, it was just to test the net interactions.

B.O.O.M

Byronic Hero / MAST2DAA / US

Finally got my hands on a beta.

Great to hear that man :D I hope to see you online

and is it just me or does sly lvl 3 glitch up the whole game? It happens way too frequently now.

And also I hate it when people leave Radecs to do their own thing in the distance >_> Such easy pickings for his lvl 2

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
How are people snagging beta codes? I wanna try... =/

Agent X

Is there a secret to enjoying this? I tried it, couldn't follow what was happening (especially when it zoomed out further), was annoyed at not seeing a score for the players and it just feels kinda flat in a lot of ways.

I'm in the same boat. I play a good amount of fighting games, but this game just doesn't click with me. I know it's supposed to be like Super Smash Bros., but I never cared much for that game in the first place.

The attacks don't feel "meaty"--I'm not even sure when (or if) I'm connecting. I've gotten "kills" (according to the scoreboard at the end) and don't know how I did it. Likewise, I'll just get blown away for some mysterious reason and magically respawn a few seconds later. I assumed that I got "killed", but have no idea how I was beaten, or even which particular opponent dealt the finishing blow.

I don't think SSB is a very good game either, but it's worlds better than this slop. At least in SSB, I could usually ascertain when I'm making progress or when another player is giving me a beatdown. I don't get that same feeling here. I feel completely disconnected from the action, and as a result don't feel any urge to want to improve my skills.

The fan service with the characters and the stages is absolutely fantastic. I just wish there was a better game behind it.

How are people snagging beta codes? I wanna try... =/

They sent me a code through E-mail.

Kurod

Banned
Okay I was just in a match where a Sly popped out a bugged level 3, plopped the camera in the corner where noone could see anything, and somehow in a maybe 15 seconds built up enough AP to use it a second time. What the hell?

Okay I was just in a match where a Sly popped out a bugged level 3, plopped the camera in the corner where noone could see anything, and somehow in a maybe 15 seconds built up enough AP to use it a second time. What the hell?
Not sure everybody is bugged when that camera crap happens

B.O.O.M

Ok so my only big complaint about the game so far

It really can be hard to keep track of your character, especially when other players are also using the same character. I wonder if they can make it so that you can easily distinguish the characters a midst gameplay. The colorful backgrounds sometimes make them blend in too much also imho

It really can be hard to keep track of your character, especially when other players are also using the same character. I wonder if they can make it so that you can easily distinguish the characters a midst gameplay. The colorful backgrounds sometimes make them blend in too much also imho
Yea that happens quite a few times. I think it's just something that you learn to deal with because I can't quite think of someway to circumvent that problem without it affecting something else.

Yep, spawning after dying should be fixed too, its not easy to tell where you just spawned.

I'm sure it will be much easier in the final game to keep track of yourself with alternate costumes and you'll probably be able to pick what color you want to be.

But it would be nice if they give you the option to turn off other player indicators as well.

sensui-tomo

looking forward to the psn+ release, also does the beta support local play or just online play? hoping to get in on this as soon as possible.

xptoxyz

At this rate I'll have to wait for the most public beta to try this =/. Wish I had this in my inbox.

inmo0P2iQPiPv.png

Clockwork (Knight) with (beta) key

Ran rp

In addition to not being able to play the beta anymore due to a deceased PS3 I now have to wait an extra month to get my hands on the final game :/ I hope Vita owners get to join the beta at some point.

- Background wave in the menu is blue/purple now
- Slight touches to UI, you can see which P you are before you enter an online match
- Supers are definitely redone, you can easily hit characters out of them
- Victory screen has the stage in the background
- AP balls seem to be a bit brighter
- Takes longer to find matches
- Spear of Destiny added

cyborg009

Banned
- Slight touches to UI, you can see which P you are before you enter an online match

Item are also more visible(have a sort of aura)

SmithnCo

Here are some more from the other thread:

Spear of Destiny item was added
Characters have a new dizzy animation
You get moved and put into a dizzy state if you stay in the water in Sandover Village

^ Only Superbot knows, I bet they all do it themselves. :/

I'm trying to find balancing changes. Sweet Tooth's side *square still builds meter stupidly fast.

- Weapon pickup glitch still exists, sadly.

It was on Metropolis. It should be an unwritten rule that when there are 4 Parappas, everyone should spam their jukes. Strangely enough, I haven't played on Sandover yet since the new version is out, I want to see how those water restrictions affect the battle.

Just saw a message on char select, saying that the matchmaking servers will periodically be unavailable. They'll make every effort to ensure the servers are available at the scheduled times. They may also be available outside the scheduled times as test schedules permit. Thank you for helping us make the ame better. For more information visit the forums at blablablalwhocares

SSReborn

It was on Metropolis. It should be an unwritten rule that when there are 4 Parappas, everyone should spam their jukes. Strangely enough, I haven't played on Sandover yet since the new version is out, I want to see how those water restrictions affect the battle.

lol that would be madness and I like the new feature with automatic spawn to the top but it gets annoying when there are idle players. They should really have players automatically dropped when they leave the match.

Have you taken note of any changes from the previous build?

Top Bottom