• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

I think I'll edit the OP now with the information that I have. Normal companies love to post the changes that come with new versions of their games.

Oh, and the only thing that's worse than idle players is Parappa's level 1 that MISSES THEM. There was this idle Sly Cooper and me and another Parappa tried killing him with our level 1s, Sly would always be the last person standing. Shit's ridiculous.

SSReborn

I think I'll edit the OP now with the information that I have. Normal companies love to post the changes that come with new versions of their games.

Oh, and the only thing that's worse than idle players is Parappa's level 1 that MISSES THEM. There was this idle Sly Cooper and me and another Parappa tried killing him with our level 1s, Sly would always be the last person standing. Shit's ridiculous.

Yeah I thought his hitbox got better but it seems if it did only slightly so. I'm missing alot of his Level 1's they really need to look into that.

SSReborn

So in the Jak and Daxter stage if you fall off you can be teleported back to main part of the the stage even if your not in the water if your down there for an extended period of time it will happen. I was jumping around trying to get back up on top of the level but I was down there to long and got teleported.

Did you still get dizzy? One of my annoyance tactics was jumping underneath the left platform and do attacks that would reach through to break up fights, like Parappa's up circle.

SSReborn

Did you still get dizzy? One of my annoyance tactics was jumping underneath the left platform and do attacks that would reach through to break up fights, like Parappa's up circle.

I'm still not completely sure how it works but I was trying to get back on the stage on the right hand side while someone was fighting me. After many failed attempts I was teleported back on the stage with a stun state. I was actually pretty close to the main platform when it happened in between it and the water. It hasn't happened to me while trying to use that attacking from underneath tactic while in the middle section of the level so maybe they don't count that part as being off the stage. I will test it right now though see how long I can stand in the middle part without being teleported.

BTW the first post says the servers are offline that may confuse some people

SSReborn

What I know for sure:

Okay so its kind of weird and I don't know completely how it works but it seems like as soon as you touch the water once, a countdown begins and once it finishes you get teleported if you don't get back on the stage in time. It happens at the middle area as well; if however you don't touch the water at all you can keep jumping from each plank on the watermill and you wont be teleported.

Speculation:

Also I don't completely understand how the countdown works it might be that everytime time you do a move the countdown freezes until the move ends then continues to countdown but i'm not sure. It seems during the times that I was doing moves from the plank after I fell in the water I didn't get teleported whereas if I touched the water and just stood on a plank I would get teleported almost instantly. They may also have different timers based upon where you fall off as well because it seems like you get teleported faster when you fall from the middle.

I'm not excited about this game at all but the fact that it has online that actually works make me even more depressed about Brawl. Could have been one of the most played online games of the gen.

I hope this game is a smashing success and causes Nintendo to step it up with SSB4.

I'm not excited about this game at all but the fact that it has online that actually works make me even more depressed about Brawl. Could have been one of the most played online games of the gen.

I hope this game is a smashing success and causes Nintendo to step it up with SSB4.

Do you own a ps3? Because there will be an open beta for everyone and you should at least try it and give it a chance. It's surprised many people so far.

Drencrom

Haven't played the beta since it was updated, need to make some time to play it.
The new changes sounds awesome, especially the Sly nerf haha.

Sidenote: The new OP is so good CC, you should definitely make the OT.

Gorillaz

Online was brawl's biggest downfall. While Brawl had alot of "meaty" content it was pretty much dead online since they didn't even update netcode and connection problems with the game.

SSReborn

I thought you always got AP when attacking blockers in the beta. I remember doing it before the update at least.

It might have been but if it was I don't think anyone else really noticed. I just thought it was added after because of this interview which took place well after the beta started.

Paul: It was briefly mentioned that the designers were toying with the idea of AP loss due to excessive blocking against assaults, was there any development on that front? Has the design team considered other options to discourage excessively defensive play?

Omar: I won’t give you a full breakdown of our combat system (I really couldn’t, considering we’re still tweaking it), but I’ll give you two examples of recent additions that discourage overly defensive play. First, we recently added AP “chip damage” to blocking opponents, which means that even against a blocking opponent, the attacker is still able to earn a diminished amount of AP. Second, we added a system called Guard Crushing that allows certain moves to defeat the defense of a blocking opponent. These two additions mean that at any given time, simply blocking all incoming attacks is not enough to nullify the AP accrual of your opponents, which should inherently discourage blocking.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2012/08...out-beta-focus-updates-and-defense-mechanics/

SSReborn

Wow the potential Parappa has is amazing damn I was definitely sleeping on him prior. He has some amazing combos/setups.

Also I'm liking the competition from the beta now everyone seems to know what they are doing.

J-Tier

Bumping this thread up for the upcoming public beta that will be available in a few days. The original post has been updated by CC if you're curious about the changes to the beta and what it will include.

KalBalboa

Banned
Yeah, it'll be up again for everyone on September 11 until September 18. http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2012/08/29/playstation-all-stars-battle-royale-public-beta-incoming/

It'll also be for the Vita but this is just for the EU so far, no idea what their plans are for the US folks. :/

Can't wait to try it on Vita. I honestly want to wait on playing more characters and stages until the final game hits, but being able to play it at the office would be great.

Well. the EU store doesn't update till Wednesdays, so I hope not. lol

I'm thinking they goofed on the dates. 12-19th makes more sense for a EU beta. Superbot being a NA dev makes sense to make that goof. HOWEVER, some communication from, I don't know, a community manager would be welcome.

Seriously take 5 minutes out of your day and throw people a bone once in awhile.

Well, time for school. Hopefully it's up before I get home.

We don't even know the content of this beta? It'd be a nice surprise to see a new mode.

Oh boy! Beta going up today! Superbot will surely deliver :3.

still-waiting-skeleton.jpg

I have a feeling it won't be up today for some reason.
Edit: Well I take that back they never said the beta will be up on the store for download people just need to get codes so they can download the beta client. The actual server can be switched on and updated since they said themselves on twitter that those who already have the beta are in.

Are there gonna be any other Heihachi bros(or gals if you roll that way) with me today? o:

Well me for sure but who knows if that tweet was just about some inhouse build. I wouldn't take it for a confirmation but Omar has shown intrest in putting more characters :3.

I have a feeling it won't be up today for some reason.
It would be ok but it's really annoying that they don't inform people. All we really seem to have is a week old blogpost telling it should start today.

Top Bottom