• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Kyon

Banned

Dismissed

121wqx1xeddh.gif

I can't even find a single match :<

I DON'T NEED YOU, PSASBR BETA, YOU HEAR! I CAN SURVIVE ANOTHER DAY WITHOUT YOU!

Oh god I really can't

Well I know its a beta but hell I cant even connect to a fight on my vita. Thats not really acceptable for a beta. I could've watched a video at that point and had better gameplay

Cbajd5

According to Seth Killians twitter account, the servers are back up. People still having issues?

Vita version worked for me, won my first match.

Just tried the PS3 version and it still said they were down.

And now I got "the matchmaking servers are down" error on my Vita when my second match was about to start.

MY OPINION OF THIS GAME IS UNBAD

OH GOD I'M HEARING VOICES FROM MY VITA

IT'S POSSESSED

Whoever was in charge of permissions on this screwed up, because after downloading it on Vita I instantly went onto my PS3 and redownloaded the PS3 version. PS+ exclusive indeed, hah.

EDIT: OR NOT, hah! I just re-downloaded the Vita install files to my PS3. Oh Sony you got me.

Posted this on the other thread and just realized it was the wrong thread:

Just had a surprisingly smooth and enjoyable match that I instantly joined after restarting the game on the Vita. Sadly, I did pretty terrible though!

Also, you should definitely be able to invite more than one person in free for all damn it.

Last edited:

TheMink

Im digging the fact that they put the super to just R now and item pick up is tap the touch screen. I was proficient at the R>L maneuver, but this is better for sure.

DirtyLary

1st game got my arse handed to me. Loving it so far. Game is deeper than I thought it would be. So much for wanting to use my arcade stick.

krpiper

1st match: I got the "can't find matchmaking server" message

2nd match: Really nice with just a little bit of lag

3rd match: It seemed to run just fine, but everyone was Kratos haha, and I did the worst :(

Ugh just had a match where I could only see kratos and myself. Get to the end and apparently a sweetooth and sly were there. Ah its a beta. But still fun as hell.

<3 Parappa.

The game is kind of disappointing. I don't like the super for points system. I feel like I beat the shit out of people for nothing while other people are scooping up the orbs. I'll reserve my judgement for the final game but I don't like the orbs. The morphing stages is really cool though. I though it sounded dumb but is implemented really well.

The game is kind of disappointing. I don't like the super for points system. I feel like I beat the shit out of people for nothing while other people are scooping up the orbs. I'll reserve my judgement for the final game but I don't like the orbs. The morphing stages is really cool though. I though it sounded dumb but is implemented really well.

You gain ap when you beat the shit out of people. People don't just drop AP from you attacking someone else.

Noi

Guess I should post here for the beta instead of in the other thread, haha.

Just had my first match in the new beta. Everything is so much better, jeeze.

Won the game with 8 kill and no deaths. It's good to have fresh meat that doesn't know how to fight Radec. >:)

The orbs only show up from the AP crates, someone uses an item/throws someone to steal AP or someone like Parappa uses his Boom Box to spawn them. The main method of gaining AP is still to hit other people. If they don't hit you, they can't win.

Okay, so. I chose my man Sweet Tooth as usual and started looking for a match. It found a match, but it took forever to start up. The match starts up and... I'm Sly.

what

TheMink

Ok so after spending a considerable amount of time with parappa in the tutorial and redoing the section where you practice gaining ap ive got some data for ya'll.

The highest amount of ap i was able to genererate with one combo was 65, as a reference the first bar of super appears to be 100 in total, and that combo is:

Down square-up square-nuetral square-nuetral square.

Somewhat weird to do actually lol.

An easier one that grants 60 (i think) is:

Down square-nuetral square mash.

If someones gotten higher than 65 from one person let me know.

The most ap generate by one hit was 30 ap and thats from Up circle. Probably the best move in a crowded area, theoretically giving 90 ap total if you hit 3 people with it (unless thats not exactly how it works, and im inclined to think it doesnt.)

Nothing else to add really.

EDIT:

circle, down square, up square (hold), circle, square, square nets me 85 AP with parappa.

Also a full bar appears to be closer to 120 ap actually.

KalBalboa

Banned
Man, the sound work alone in this newest beta makes the fights a lot more lively. I know it's being said all over, but the amount of polish being added is clear in this newest build.

Roubjon

I had absolutely zero interest in this, but after playing a couple of matches I completely changed my mind. It's really fun and playing as Sly is awesome. I guess I'm buying it for PS3 now so I can get that Vita version for free.

OMG! Remember when I suggested Super 3's should play epic music??

Pulled out Kratos' 3 and some epic Kratos music played!

Going to see if it works for Radec now XD

Everything really pops, and I feel like some moves are easier/snappier (ST's chainsaw swing, Kratos' air multi-stab)

YUP! Radec has it too

Grokbu

Hm, maybe I should post it here instead.

Found a 145AP combo with Parappa: f+atk1, u+atk1(short version), double jump, j.f+atk2, u+atk1(long version), double jump, j.atk3, j.atk1atk1.

You can sort of do the same thing from u.throw instead of f+atk1 as a starter, except it only gives you 95AP. Do note that timing is a bit different, and by the second u+atk1, the oponent always seems to be behind you.

Using j.f+atk2 as a starter nets you 145AP as well.

Hm, maybe I should post it here instead.

Found a 145AP combo with Parappa: f+atk1, u+atk1(short version), double jump, j.f+atk2, u+atk1(long version), double jump, j.atk3, j.atk1atk1.

You can sort of do the same thing from u.throw instead of f+atk1 as a starter, except it only gives you 95AP. Do note that timing is a bit different, and by the second u+atk1, the oponent always seems to be behind you.

Using j.f+atk2 as a starter nets you 145AP as well.

Google translate doesn't have FGC :(

Top Bottom