• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

Dragnet

Fucking PS Store! Went to grab the beta, but it seems to have forgotten I'm a Plus member so it wont let me? Reset my PS3 and went back in but it just loaded up the old store which doesn't have the beta! Aaargh!

Wait, what? Why?!

What would you prefer? That's a very natural button press for a platformer (which the controls of this game are firmly rooted in). It's certainly much better than pressing "up" to jump, which feels terrible in this type of game. That was one of the things I always hated about playing Smash Bros. with its default control layout.

I was incredibly impressed with my quick playthrough of the beta. It actually runs at 60 fps like the console game and doesn't appear to be downgraded in any significant way. It's also native resolution.

Speaking of which, dare I ask how you got such a tag?

Really glad they made it easier to throw and added more throw options (up throw, forward throw and down throw).
Bububu it's allways been that way.

But what happened to Sly's taunt line "You're no challenge and no fun" go? That was one of the best taunts. Add it back Superbot!
Well we know there are unlockable taunts and that one is deserving to be the ultimate unlockable for Sly!

KalBalboa

Banned
I only played the Vita beta last night for about an hour but I think it's been improved across the board.

Activating supers now but just hitting R instead of L + R works a lot better for me, as weapons don't seem to be as high a priority when compared to supers. Tapping the touch screen with my right thumb takes no time at all, so that works out really well.

The colors and black levels seemed to be tweaked a bit too, but that could just be my eyes playing tricks on me.

Ran rp

Me and TheMink are KILLING 'em. Gat dayum.
ijwF0PpBnF6qa.jpg

i7pbnoU4GNo6U.jpg

Portability, screenshots, and the dpad would make the Vita version the best version except for the fact that you need more Vitas to play locally.

zinder

Has anyone gotten Cross-Play working? I am guessing you do that by the Cross-controller feature? The Vita screen says "start supporting software on PS3" but when I start PS All Stars nothing happens..

Any clues?

Has anyone gotten Cross-Play working? I am guessing you do that by the Cross-controller feature? The Vita screen says "start supporting software on PS3" but when I start PS All Stars nothing happens..

Any clues?

I think it's only crossplay via online in the beta so you need to invite the other player to your party.

Ohnonono

Downloaded this on a whim on the Vita and I am sold as hell. This is a very fun game, looks great on Vita and cross buy makes it an absolute no brainer. I love playing as Sly, but can't wait for some Big Daddy action!

zinder

I think it's only crossplay via online in the beta so you need to invite the other player to your party.

Yeah, I just tried that but since me (ps3) and my brother (vita) use the same PSN ID there is no real way of doing this. I am guessing I have to create a new ID on PS3.

Yeah, I just tried that but since me (ps3) and my brother (vita) use the same PSN ID there is no real way of doing this. I am guessing I have to create a new ID on PS3.

I just had a 2v2 match against two people with the same ID, but had (1) behind the name. Maybe there is a way?

Zen

Banned
Maybe it's because I'm on my Vita, l but I can't follow the action at all. Everything is small, dull colored, and fast paced so I find myself consistently losing sight of my character. I also hate how I can't set jump to hitting up on the analog stick. I find myself just not jumping without that ability. Kind of disapointed...

You can remap the buttons and look into turning the brightness on the Vita to Max.

Everything from today's update is up, either in the store or via search, except the Beta.

If we end up not getting this, just like YouTube and PS Mobile I'll be angry.

Check the playstation plus section on the new store.

Its telling me that i have to have plus to play the vita version though. This shouldnt be the case from my understanding??

TheMink

PSY・S;43302623 said:
Me and TheMink are KILLING 'em. Gat dayum.

Portability, screenshots, and the dpad would make the Vita version the best version except for the fact that you need more Vitas to play locally.

Hell yeah.

Did you go through your pc to post those?

SSReborn

I hate R button for supers on Vita. R button is usually used for grabbing items, or blocking in other games so I often instinctively tap it to inadvertently launch a super.

Switch R with L in the options menu

Edit:nvm guess you can't change the vita controls

Valkyr47

Banned
ive heard complaints that on the vita's small screen the already zoomed out look makes the characters even smaller and hard to keep up on the action

any truth to that?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
ive heard complaints that on the vita's small screen the already zoomed out look makes the characters even smaller and hard to keep up on the action

any truth to that?
I don't think so. The image is razor sharp and, from such a close proximity, it's easy to keep up.

Tsunamo

Seems SCEE screwed up with putting the Vita beta up early. Not on the Vita store, and it's in the PS+ only section in the new PS Store. (good thing I'm a PS+ member)

any truth to that?
Quite the opposite. I find it alot easier to follow everything that's happening on the Vitas screen than I do on the PS3 version.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Played the beta bit on the PS3 and now playing it on the Vita.

I'm having a lot of fun. Hard to differentiate the characters sometimes and a bit hectic when it's zoomed out on PS3. (I'm using a big tv, so the eye travel distance is probably a factor.)

Edit: My connection Vita is great. 5 games without issues. One the host quit out of the game after he probably got owned quite a bit at the start. :)

GQman2121

Banned
Played the beta bit on the PS3 and now playing it on the Vita.

I'm having a lot of fun. Hard to differentiate the characters sometimes and a bit hectic when it's zoomed out on PS3. (I'm using a big tv, so the eye travel distance is probably a factor.)

Edit: My connection Vita is great. 5 games without issues. One the host quit out of the game after he probably got owned quite a bit at the start. :)

So it is P2P and not dedicated servers. I hate that.

WatTsu

Still digging the beta but Kratos and Radec could use some rebalancing (apologies if this has been said before). Kratos' "get really big and kill everybody" special is ridiculously overpowered (he can get twice the kills of anyone else's ultimate during its duration easily) and Radec's sniper rifle adding 30-60 AP a shot is...a bit much, especially given how easy it is to sit back and just plink away. I think these would not be problems and could be kept if there were more opportunity for other characters to make big plays like that.

But hey, I won two matches with Parappa so I am prepared to give this game a lot of leeway.

KalBalboa

Banned
Still digging the beta but Kratos and Radec could use some rebalancing (apologies if this has been said before). Kratos' "get really big and kill everybody" special is ridiculously overpowered (he can get twice the kills of anyone else's ultimate during its duration easily) and Radec's sniper rifle adding 30-60 AP a shot is...a bit much, especially given how easy it is to sit back and just plink away.

But hey, I won two matches with Parappa so I am prepared to give this game a lot of leeway.

I feel the same way about Kratos being a bit over-powered when it comes to his third super, but I do win my fair share of matches against Kratos players when I'm Sweet Tooth still.

Drencrom

Having a blast with the beta. But they should probably nerf the AP gain from Radec's sniper attack and nerf Kratos chain lunge attack and his lvl 3 super.

Top Bottom