• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

libregkd

The thing about Kratos's Level 3 is that compared to other Level 3s, his is hella easy to dodge. I can dodge everything he throws at me just fine but am still having problems avoiding Radec's or Sly's.

Foshy

It's finally up on the swiss PS Store. Downloading.

I thought the Vita beta wasn't supposed to be PS+ exclusive? Because here, it is.

WatTsu

The thing about Kratos's Level 3 is that compared to other Level 3s, his is hella easy to dodge. I can dodge everything he throws at me just fine but am still having problems avoiding Radec's or Sly's.

I've dodged it too but maybe the problem is that it goes on a bit too long. If it were just a couple seconds shorter it'd be perfectly fine.

Of course, I still am not very good at this game yet so who knows?

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Here's a handful of screens I took during a match. Vita version of course:

8097394827_cfec7976a5_b.jpg

8097395029_4a413c4502_b.jpg

8097395189_ce76781487_b.jpg

8097395347_6fb7ee6813_b.jpg

8097395673_5e5c7dbb43_b.jpg

The game looks much sharper on the Vita screen, but it looks amazing. Also, despite the lag, I did pretty good!

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Was pretty underwhelmed by the beta, I guess it's just not my type of game. Ended up spamming the killzone dude and won 95% of my matches. No competition online.

waypoetic

Banned
Seriously, fuck Kratos. His blades can wheel you in from halfway of the map.

Also, i prefer playing the Vita version : everything is much closer to the screen.

Was pretty underwhelmed by the beta, I guess it's just not my type of game. Ended up spamming the killzone dude and won 95% of my matches. No competition online.

Towards the ends of the previous betas people played a lot smarter and became a lot more challenging. In other words that spamming won't work after awhile. Maybe try using another character. I would get bored spamming the same attacks as well. Try winning with Sweet Tooth or PaRappa.

Arc

Just got my first round in, played as Kratos. I need to work on dodging. But wow this game is a lot of fun. I absolutely cannot wait for 4 player local matches.

You clearly haven't ran into my friend and I running the Sly duo. His up O move when he goes in a barrel is invulnerable to projectiles and gives 30 meter on hit. Radecs sound so pissed and confused when it happens.

Slowly getting back into the groove with Fat Princess, but it feels good after not having played the game since the first beta.
I have yet to play 2vs2 though. Does anyone need a partner?

foreveralone.gif

Donos

Played two rounds with some guy with a huuge family who doesn't seem to know that his mic is one. Alot of children jelling in the background.

Fun game. Try to stick with kratos first. so many moves to handle... want to try Radec next. Seems like at least one fat princess is in every round.

Really fun game.

So people i hear with open mic are Vita? I always hear someone doing something or speaking when a new round is starting.

vg260

Game looked great on the Vita. Wish I wasn't such a spaz at these type of games. Never played Brawl, so I get lost super easy on screen. I guess it comes with practice.

true Gek

Can't download it =S a message says that I'm not allowed to download the beta version because my account isn't compatible. When I check it from the store I can only see a version of the beta with the Plus simbol. But wasn't it for every vita user?

Foshy

Wow, it looks and plays simply amazing on Vita. I played some 2v2 matches online with my sister (her playing on PS3), she's enjoying it a lot, haha.

I love it when other players join me in beating up a sniping Radec. Me and some other just kept throwing a Radec so he wouldn't reach his level 3 :D

Lol this is truly awesome to see. Just wait till the end of the week guys the level of play will improve dramatically, and if you think it is fun now it will transform when that happens.

That's why many of us in the previous betas love it so much. The strategies and meta games that play out are awesome.

SSReborn

Lol this is truly awesome to see. Just wait till the end of the week guys the level of play will improve dramatically, and if you think it is fun now it will transform when that happens.

That's why many of us in the previous betas love it so much. The strategies and meta games that play out are awesome.

Yep :) ...... but then open beta and it will drop again lol

jgmo870

Banned
Played two rounds with some guy with a huuge family who doesn't seem to know that his mic is one. Alot of children jelling in the background.

Haha, I played that guy. There's also someone who was watching Everybody Loves Raymond.

So people i hear with open mic are Vita? I always hear someone doing something or speaking when a new round is starting.

Yessir. I had no idea at first, though. I called someone an asswipe for taking me out and he called me one back.

5amshift

Banned
Kratos needs to be worked on BADLY. The dude is so bullshit and for the only 6-7 games I've played there were at least 1, if not 2 Kratos characters being played.

Kratos needs to be worked on BADLY. The dude is so bullshit and for the only 6-7 games I've played there were at least 1, if not 2 Kratos characters being played.

Haha you can usually tell the scrub Kratos's from the real ones. I know how to actually use Kratos so popping off 2 Level 3's in a match is easy for me when I try. Scrubs use the forward square damn near exclusively.

Is anybody else experiencing people drop in an out of matches/not respawning after death for long periods of time.

I am, which is why I've stopped playing.

I don't really have problems with Kratos. I feel that the six are pretty balanced after they nerfed Sly.

And this. omg that Level 1 for sly has been nerfed so much it's beautiful. I'd still put SweetTooth in the lower tier but in the right hands I'm sure he's better than when I use him.

SSReborn

Its veryyy important to get used to blocking Kratos become very easy when you do. When you play as sly get used to his parry its basically his block.

B.O.O.M

I think the right method to deal with both Kratos AND Radec is knowing how and when to block.

Did any one here see me online? User name would be rathne

Ran rp

I'm loving all the Kratos hate, haha.

Hell yeah.

Did you go through your pc to post those?

Yeah. I've been trying to find out how to upload and post them directly from the Vita but no luck.

ive heard complaints that on the vita's small screen the already zoomed out look makes the characters even smaller and hard to keep up on the action

any truth to that?

You get used to it. It feels like even less of an issue during this beta though, not sure why.

It seems awesome, but I'm having huge issues, where some players don't even appear in my game until the game over screen. Just had a 1v1 which turned out there was an extra Kratos and FP in the game, they just didn't interact with my game at all.

As far as I can tell there's nothing differentiating the Vita and PS3 versions on the UK store apart from file size, which just seems silly.
Also, it seems that I can't get into a game. It goes from "searching for opponents" to "opponents found- connecting..." then throws me straight back to the character select screen. And I can't see the option for 2v2 matches.

As far as I can tell there's nothing differentiating the Vita and PS3 versions on the UK store apart from file size, which just seems silly.
Also, it seems that I can't get into a game. It goes from "searching for opponents" to "opponents found- connecting..." then throws me straight back to the character select screen. And I can't see the option for 2v2 matches.

You need to invite a friend for 2v2.

Top Bottom